Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Says the bloke who is just taking a 'stab in the dark' and 'a guess'.

Just a fan using logic. Which is what Ralphy is doing but getting paid a couple of hundred grand to do it.
In my case who cares if I’m wrong? It’s only the insecure types like yourself that seem to get triggered.

A bit different, they had plenty of opportunity to play Stack but didn't.

A bit different of course, but if Dimma says he was considered I’ll take it at face value. Look, I’m a fan of his talent so naturally I’m gonna be eager to see him play sooner than later, however it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the logical choice. 🖤

A bit different of course, but if Dimma says he was considered I’ll take it at face value. Look, I’m a fan of his talent so naturally I’m gonna be eager to see him play sooner than later, however it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the logical choice. 🖤
I would not have played him late in the season also, at that stage there was no room for experimenting. After a BOG game 4-6 weeks or so earlier, they promoted Castagna, so the writing was on the wall. The only way Stack will make it anywhere is further up the ground, wing, half back, that is his strength. Hard enough breaking into a very good side like Richmond, even harder playing out of your natural position.

Cal Twomey just said it’s a wait and see for Stack
Basically has no idea
I think with Stack its a really difficult situation because we dont have enough list spots and Stack has to be either upgraded to the senior list or delisted
With Taranto & Hopper coming and pickett also similar to stack needing to be upgraded thats 3 spots already taken up that was vacated by Caddy , Lambert , Edwards and we just dont have the spot with the club having to make atleast 1 selection to the senior at the draft (which will take Martyn's position imo)

If we trade out a player like Castagna , RCD , Roldo then Stack may get another chance

I think with Stack its a really difficult situation because we dont have enough list spots and Stack has to be either upgraded to the senior list or delisted
With Taranto & Hopper coming and pickett also similar to stack needing to be upgraded thats 3 spots already taken up that was vacated by Caddy , Lambert , Edwards and we just dont have the spot with the club having to make atleast 1 selection to the senior at the draft (which will take Martyn's position imo)

If we trade out a player like Castagna , RCD , Roldo then Stack may get another chance
I think the 3 players you mentioned there are surely all in the trading window. All would have some currency, Stack may have to wait until then which means this thread is going to go for another 3 months....

I think the 3 players you mentioned there are surely all in the trading window. All would have some currency, Stack may have to wait until then which means this thread is going to go for another 3 months....
Na not that long.. only till trade period is done then we will know our list spots situation and hopefully there is one for Stack

Personally I think Soldo and RCD will be traded
Hopefully for future picks so Stack gets upgraded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll keep Stack ahead of RCD, who is a likely delisting.

All of them if traded would be for picks 3rd round and onwards
This year i dont believe we will see more than 60 players selected and possibly only around 50

the picks we would get are basically already available if you have a list spot anyway

I think that is why we haven't seen him signed yet, probably waiting to see how the cards fall with the incoming trades of Taranto & Hopper.

I would also assume that Martyn will be delisted along with Aarts. There would be an opportunity to also delist RCD and then place him on the rookie list allowing Stack and Pickett to be upgraded to the senior list. Guess there would be a spot available for RCD with Parker, Aarts, Pickett and Stack coming off the rookie list.

they are gonna weight him a day before pre season begins
I reckon it’s simple

Just give him a 1 year contract signed first day of pre season if he gets a PT for the holidays and comes back in tip top shape otherwise doesn’t get the contract

I reckon it’s simple

Just give him a 1 year contract signed first day of pre season if he gets a PT for the holidays and comes back in tip top shape otherwise doesn’t get the contract
I would still give him a contract so he can grand final debut

I have asked this question previously. Given he needs to be upgraded because he’s been on the rookie list too long, can he go back on the rookie if he is delisted and then brought back in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back