Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know what he does that’s considered “unprofessional”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He doesn’t live and breathe it…Which is probably why he gets year on year’s…But his talent and toughness is obvious, and Dimma is a fan like most of us…This is last chance saloon, and I hope he gets another year…If only for K.Lambert to get his hands on him…

We cant make him have a AFL career if he is not prepared to work hard and commit to it and show he wants it badly enough.

If we are to keep him then we need to create a main list spot to upgrade him , He has not earned that and should not just be given this on the basis 'He may come good'

Delist and re rookie if still around depending on his physical condition he presents
Same for RCD

I suspect no supporters are privileged as to real reasons why Stack does not get a go, he would be advised to look else where considering Costagna has been given multiple goes to cement position. While I like what little I have seen when he’s been played he has been around enough for the club to either resolved issues they dislike or consider requires improvement. Either play him build he’s confidence or allow him to flourish else where.

We cant make him have a AFL career if he is not prepared to work hard and commit to it and show he wants it badly enough.

If we are to keep him then we need to create a main list spot to upgrade him , He has not earned that and should not just be given this on the basis 'He may come good'

Delist and re rookie if still around depending on his physical condition he presents
Same for RCD
I reckon with his type of talent it’s worth being extra patient with him
Sky’s the limit if he clicks

can't have him "stengle" us & kick 4 in a cats flag as a delisted FA - remember Betts was his hero :sick:
How many flags did Eddie win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One year deal.
Tell him he plays first 4 rounds - guaranteed.
We need to know how badly he wants it and I feel he plays better at AFL level than any other.
If he earns it he stays.
If not he is done.
Up to him that way.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
So he turns up for preseason not in the condition he should be like previous preseasons and is guaranteed the first 4 games. Meanwhile other players come back in better shape and work harder in preseason. Yeah right!

So he turns up for preseason not in the condition he should be like previous preseasons and is guaranteed the first 4 games. Meanwhile other players come back in better shape and work harder in preseason. Yeah right!
When is the last day to delist him ?

Make him come back and put him through a couple of days of fitness and conditioning tests and if he has done SFA - Delist
but if he has worked his ass off and comes back in good shape keep him

Think we have spent enough resources in getting him right to fall back again

The sad story of Stack. His first season was so exciting. He showed so much promise and was going to be the next big thing. Then his demons consumed him. The very attitude that almost saw him miss out on the draft all together, emerged and he publicly showed his lack of self control.

It's that drive that is missing. The want to be the best and do anything to achieve that. In his first preseason he was determined to prove the world wrong. All those who said he'd never make it. Who highlighted his poor professionalism, lack of effort and inconsistency both on and off the field. He wanted to show them all what he could do...and he did. But, it was for one season and he's lived off that promise and that potential ever since.

I think enough it enough, if it isn't already. If he does get another season (based on our lack of draft picks as much as anything) he needs to be told its his last...unless he has the off-season, pre-season and season of his life. I love what he was and what he could be, but we can only survive on hope for so long. Time to realize that promise or step aside for someone who will.

The sad story of Stack. His first season was so exciting. He showed so much promise and was going to be the next big thing. Then his demons consumed him. The very attitude that almost saw him miss out on the draft all together, emerged and he publicly showed his lack of self control.

It's that drive that is missing. The want to be the best and do anything to achieve that. In his first preseason he was determined to prove the world wrong. All those who said he'd never make it. Who highlighted his poor professionalism, lack of effort and inconsistency both on and off the field. He wanted to show them all what he could do...and he did. But, it was for one season and he's lived off that promise and that potential ever since.

I think enough it enough, if it isn't already. If he does get another season (based on our lack of draft picks as much as anything) he needs to be told its his last...unless he has the off-season, pre-season and season of his life. I love what he was and what he could be, but we can only survive on hope for so long. Time to realize that promise or step aside for someone who will.
I'm sure he is well aware of that.

He's had bad luck. But he is a magnet for garbage. Get his mind on the job and he'll be a star.

hope he actually switches on this coming year. Even if it's not for us, I want to see his blend of silk and iron.

If you truly believe that then you need to reevaluate.
Stack has played 35 games with probably 5 fantastic and 10 good games

The longer he is out the better he has become
The guy is struggling to play any other position and we have all the supporters asking him to be played at HB as thats his role.

Liam Baker has shown 10 times more than Stack
I was talking about pure talent, my comment is accurate.

can't have him "stengle" us & kick 4 in a cats flag as a delisted FA - remember Betts was his hero :sick:
And Patrick Naish had Brett Delidio posters on his bedroom walls. How many players have we let go which have dominated us? We lost that "Stengle" game by 3 points. Stengle was no loss. He was at Adelaide as well remember before the cats. Let's see how he backs it up.

I'm not so sure he is....

If X Clarke is still questioning his professionalism, then I would suggest the penny hasn't dropped at all!
You don't reckon playing a whole season in the VFL he might have twigged.

With SS it is not so much about professionalism but more about desire. He knows what it takes, but does he want it bad enough.

I have also harped on all season long that the club has to take some responsibility as well, he is a back not a forward pocket, and I am pretty sure if he was played there we would have seen a different player.

If he stays on the list he won't be played forward next year surely, and if he gets picked up if he leaves or is booted, then he will be played back again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back