Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise Stengle got rolled by the cops in Adelaide for having Cocaine and was delisted and sent back to the SANFL all before ending back up at Geelong...

not a massive miss by us
It was more of a general comparison that like Stengle, I think Stack is super talented and will go on to become a gun somewhere else.

Sad to see Stacky go.

They say you need multiple pre seasons in a row to build into a hardened senior player.
Unfortunately Stacky was always playing catch up and didn’t give himself the best chance to make it.

I’d love to see him get another chance somewhere and get the most out of himself.

Good luck Stacky.

Newsflash .. He had 17 other possessions and kicked two others goals and only have five contested possessions as no one could get within a bulls roar of him.
He played a great game. Deal with it.
Amazing how some can never give the opposition even a smidgeon of respect or credit.
Calm down buddy

Sad to see Stack go, he was the last piece of the puzzle that needed to fall into place for me to get my first membership since Matthew Knights finished up.

Doctor Who Reaction GIF

Our club are smart operators. We’ve known of Stack’s professionalism issues and contract clauses for a long time.

The club even stuck with him after the kebab incident and his stay in prison. They’ve shown they backed the guy in and they know his talent, they wouldn’t drop him without great thought.

It’s apparent his professionalism and effort hasn’t improved and it’s sad to see such talent go to waste, but we can’t be mad the club for not trying because they have.

What has changed from 2 weeks ago?

“I think we’ll give him another chance, at this stage, from my understanding,” Clarke told SEN’s Fridays in the Top End.

“I’m not too sure what that looks like.

“Hopefully if we do, he takes it with both hands and we see the Sydney Stack that we love to see.

“We all want him to play, there is no doubt he’s one of the most talented players on our list. We say that all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our club are smart operators. We’ve known of Stack’s professionalism issues and contract clauses for a long time.

The club even stuck with him after the kebab incident and his stay in prison. They’ve shown they backed the guy in and they know his talent, they wouldn’t drop him without great thought.

It’s apparent his professionalism and effort hasn’t improved and it’s sad to see such talent go to waste, but we can’t be mad the club for not trying because they have.
His stay in prison was not for a great crime. He's not a crim. It was ridiculous to jail him for that.

What has changed from 2 weeks ago?

“I think we’ll give him another chance, at this stage, from my understanding,” Clarke told SEN’s Fridays in the Top End.

“I’m not too sure what that looks like.

“Hopefully if we do, he takes it with both hands and we see the Sydney Stack that we love to see.

“We all want him to play, there is no doubt he’s one of the most talented players on our list. We say that all the time.
Clearly he has not been doing whats asked of him during the off season

Stack has more talent than 90% of our list. He barely played in 2022, with Aarts and Castagna regularly played ahead of him.

What more do you need to know in regards to him being delisted? It’s patently obvious he wasn’t doing everything required of a professional footballer in a team environment. Maybe diet, training intensity, arriving late, not doing any extra sessions, skipping ice baths, drinking too much, skin folds, not playing to team rules, back-chatting coaches, being a bad influence to teammates etc…..

There are a million things that go into being a valuable member of a team, and the fact someone of his talent barely played and is now delisted shows he left a lot to be desired across all facets of professionalism.

The club is doing him a favour - I’m sure they’ve tried everything to get him motivated and committed and it hasn’t worked… a delisting might be what he needs to realise he’s out of chances….for good this time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back