Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

even if no club takes a punt this year he will go to the sanfl or wafl for a year or 2 mature pop out some kids and then get picked up and be a star at another afl club
So what? I don't get the concern from some on this board over Stack becoming "another Tyson Stengle".

Our recruiters and coaching staff have one job. Get the best list that can compete for and win multiple premierships. They did everything they could and gave him four years to prove that he was an AFL-level footballer. He got exactly the same opportunity as RCD. Neither of them made it. Clearly our recruiters were of the opinion that they were unlikely to ever make it AT RICHMOND.

Clearly other list managers are also highly doubtful they will be AFL footballers. How do I know that? Because we just went through a trade period where picks beyond 50 are absolutely worthless. Thus, almost any club could have traded for either RCD or Stack with a late draft pick and Richmond would have happily waved it through. It didn't happen.

Those two list spots will be used to give another kid a chance or to fill an urgent need in the mid-season draft.

So what? I don't get the concern from some on this board over Stack becoming "another Tyson Stengle".

Our recruiters and coaching staff have one job. Get the best list that can compete for and win multiple premierships. They did everything they could and gave him four years to prove that he was an AFL-level footballer. He got exactly the same opportunity as RCD. Neither of them made it. Clearly our recruiters were of the opinion that they were unlikely to ever make it AT RICHMOND.

Clearly other list managers are also highly doubtful they will be AFL footballers. How do I know that? Because we just went through a trade period where picks beyond 50 are absolutely worthless. Thus, almost any club could have traded for either RCD or Stack with a late draft pick and Richmond would have happily waved it through. It didn't happen.

Those two list spots will be used to give another kid a chance or to fill an urgent need in the mid-season draft.

To me they did not do everything they could.

They did everything they could with Stengle but not with RCD and Stack, especially with covid.

Reasons why they did not do everything, Stacks efforts in first year. Why was it not recaptured? RCD's last weeks when one knows he is a later bloomer due to physique.

Is this why Dimma keeps recruiting small forwards because he prefers easier simple types?

Agree with that, as sad as it is the only person ultimately responsible for Stack getting delisted is Stack himself

His stay in prison was not for a great crime. He's not a crim. It was ridiculous to jail him for that.
I agree, but that’s not the point. If I recall correctly we let him go back to WA at the time for a funeral/mourn a death? And instead he went out clubbing, got drunk, and got into fights.

And for that reason I think it was worth bringing up as a thing the club did right by him with.

If our draft picks this year are useless, why not keep him and see how fit he comes back after christmas?
We're going to draft in two duds that will cost us $300,000 over two years.

What has changed from 2 weeks ago?

“I think we’ll give him another chance, at this stage, from my understanding,” Clarke told SEN’s Fridays in the Top End.

“I’m not too sure what that looks like.

“Hopefully if we do, he takes it with both hands and we see the Sydney Stack that we love to see.

“We all want him to play, there is no doubt he’s one of the most talented players on our list. We say that all the time.

What happened is Soldo and Graham never got the hint and pissed off. Can't believe Mansell and Castagna are still on the list ahead of stack. Was a disgrace when Faarts and Cantstandya were rewarded with repeated senior games when they served up dogsh1t. Fanfu@kentastic that Edwards was gifted a pretty sounding 300 games when his last 40 were putrid. Stack should've been rewarded with at least 10 senior games instead of 1. Fu@ken disgrace.

If our draft picks this year are useless, why not keep him and see how fit he comes back after christmas?
We'll see. I'd guess at least one list spot (and possibly two) are kept open as long as possible. We're trying to win a flag in 2023 and you don't lock everything away until you absolutely have to.

even if no club takes a punt this year he will go to the sanfl or wafl for a year or 2 mature pop out some kids and then get picked up and be a star at another afl club

you shoulda got in contact with him n tried to convince him to improve his game

feel like the pure emotional will you have for Stack to make it might've actually helped him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other clubs baords already talking anout picking him up for FREE. unbelievable to think a couple of years ago. Going to spew at the thought of burning our team with his speed and skill in the future.

Butler higgens chol etc all seem to have their best games against us.
We probably go easy on them to make them feel better about playing for minnow clubs

How do you know they are useless? We know Stack doesn't put in the effort. Been proven multiple times.

How do you know they are useless? We know Stack doesn't put in the effort. Been proven multiple times.
Lay off Stack will you. He's gone and you're still having a go at him.
I've heard there won't be many picks after pick 50 in this draft because it's a shallow draft.
Have a look at the history of those draft picks and subtract 1 as it's a weak draft.

Lay off Stack will you. He's gone and you're still having a go at him.
I've heard there won't be many picks after pick 50 in this draft because it's a shallow draft.
Have a look at the history of those draft picks and subtract 1 as it's a weak draft.

Just being honest. Hopefully it's the kick up the ass he needs. I hope he makes it but you can't blame us for delisting him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back