#45 - Ricky Henderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys just wondering how Rick has been going in the ressies? cheers

He was doing awesome in the ressies earlier in the year and eventually earned a league upgrade where he played a great match but then started to slip a bit until he was dropped back to the ressies. He's doing quite well down there at the moment, playing back now instead of forward. Certainly gets a fair bit of the ball and can kick goals.

I really like Hendo. I think year he's going to surprise a lot of people, even on here.

That would be great. What kind of player is he? Im guessing wing or half forward. He looks exciting. A guy very much plucked from left field. When he was drafted i was thinking it was a mistake....i never heard of him as a decent rookie selection.

You'd never heard of him because the club went to great pains to hide him from everyone else :p

He's a fast, tall, skillful wingman/third tall forward type of player. He's got a beautiful kick for goal on him and reads the play fairly well.

What excites me about what you said stabby is he is a skillful and beautiful kick. These qualities will now be important in these days of zones. He sounds like perhaps a burton type without the speccie marks :D

From what most people have said he is very much in the Burton mould. I'm not sure if he has the speccies down pat but he has a huge leap judging from his ability to dunk the bball ring ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen him play live once or twice and his sort of fits into a Burton mould but is more graceful and smarter. Thats not taking anything away from Burton of course but he's more put together and he's not afraid to go for a hanger!

What really struck me was how comfortable he looked on the footy field. Albeit was SANFL Reserves but he really stood out and above most other players. His kicking was precise and clever, he was nabbing shots on goal from 50 out on the run, he just looked so good! Like a natural.

I really believe there's a spot for him at AFL and I would love for him to get a shot this year.

I've been meaning to ask for ages, has anyone heard "The Ricky Henderson bit" by David Cross of his classic album "Shut Up You ****ing Baby!" In the bit he talks about the baseball legend Rickey Henderson's tendency to talk about himself in the third person. I strongly recommend you listen to the whole album, but that particular bit cracks me up so much especially now.

Found it!

Warning: Offensive language

http://hero.vox.com/library/audio/6a00c2251f70cb8e1d00e398d4ce3f0003.html

I had to laugh on the TV coverage when a commentator remarked that when asked recently what he areas he needed to improve on, Henderson replied that he needed to clean his bedroom more often :D

That would have been Dwayne Russell. He loves bringing up the embarassing anecdotes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back