Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a good player for us. Certainly not the worst premiership player in anbody's history. Did his job. Did a lot of good jobs for us.

My concern with Ellis always was - he's a stationary player. When he receives the ball, he seems to freeze for a split second - he never hits the ball at pace. As a result, he has to do those little stuttery steps to get running again, and that looks bad. He's always calling for the ball from a standstill - he's doesn't do enough 'running to receive'.

It's odd for a guy who is known (correctly) as 'gut-runner'. But he only seems to do his running off the ball.

It’s the no reward running that I think the club liked so much about him. Don’t know how well that will be regarded at the Gold Coast but he’s got his contract and he’s a millionaire now. I think he’ll be thanking Richmond everyday for the rest of his life.
Great story

This must be at another level. I don't get it.

I don't think anyone's supposed to get blackcats posts unless they can get their hands on 1890s era absinthe.

notice how richmond kicked four when brando pi**ed off to the bench?
NOT really..... but i did notice how the bench was organised in the last minute with our 4 least experienced boys sharing the pine with the rest of the gang and dimma had the older boys on the field, as if to say thanks now soak it up... more class, care and nous from dimma and the bench crew.

NOT really..... but i did notice how the bench was organised in the last minute with our 4 least experienced boys sharing the pine with the rest of the gang and dimma had the older boys on the field, as if to say thanks now soak it up... more class, care and nous from dimma and the bench crew.
What will our draft compensation be if Ellis leaves

What will our draft compensation be if Ellis leaves

I expect the AFL to be annoyed Richmond won the flag and hence give the Tigers band 3, which i think if mid30s? as compo

Thank you for your service and efforts at Richmond Ellis. Wish you lots of luck at the Suns.

It’s just another thing we have done beautifully. You can see he is going with the blessing and well wishes of his teammates and coaches and mature minded fans. I noticed he and Dimma arm in arm today almost like a goodbye hug exactly how it should be. Hawthorn do this stuff well too and it’s just another thing Dimma learnt from Clarko I reckon same with Caracella leaving.
The players have totally bought into it and you only had to see a bloke like Sam Lloyd and Anthony Miles at the VFL GF, the genuine joy from all players at all levels for all successes whether they were a direct part of it or not. Would be a very hard place to leave but you have to look after yourself too.
All the best Brando in trying to give that joint a pulse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll leave the greatest ever club after 12 wins in a row, to a club that will lose 12 games in a row.

Such is life Brando!

He'll leave the greatest ever club after 12 wins in a row, to a club that will lose 12 games in a row.

Such is life Brando!
He has reached everything he possibly can in his AFL career , Well done to him and has an opportunity to make some good coin and is effectively giving us a decent pick so i wish him all the best at GC

Congrats to Brando on being a 2 time premiership player, he is a polarising player, ill admit i am happy to see him go but that doesn't mean i don't acknowledge he has been a great servant for the club and wish him all the best, just like the rest of us should feel

will likely get an end of 2nd round comp? which will be pick 40, probably what he is worth and will interesting give us pick 39,40,41 in the draft which is a nice stash and i feel we will trade for next years picks to secure Rioli on a points based system

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back