AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe ant555 has posted quite a few times that his kicking has mostly been OK with the odd howler.
Short to medium kicks have been okay. Some long kicks good and some really average long kicks.

Now I’m happy for club to have patience with him for next two years if needed. But to say he’s been way too good or well above everyone else in the VFL is clearly incorrect. He’s kicking hasn’t been good enough. This isn’t an all in attack just observation.

How many of those disposals had a positive impact?

I don't watch VFL, but I've seen highlights from two of his games there and his kicking was a solid 3/10.

First time I've seen 3/10 described as solid... :p

People are really getting caught up in the present. I remember at one point there was talk that Tsatas was a potential pick 1 candidate alongside Wardlaw and Sheezel.

Then everyone else was a tier below.

He’s been ripping through the VFL like it’s far below him. Which is why he’s been in the afl side.

The kid has a comparable build to guys like Dusty and Clarry, slightly smaller Danger. He’s a prototypical midfielder. Just needs to put on some size.

I'll take this as a troll.

Guys lets flipping settle down yeah. One minute hes the big bodied mid weve been crying out for and the next hes a bust. Take a chill pill hes 10 games into his career with like 5 of them played as sub. Has a stack of development to do and no doubt will be an incredible player. Imagine darcy parish's hands with petraccas body and burst of speed. The kid is a gun, just let him be a kid. Hell fix his kicking and if you think its anywhere near its peak at age 19.. Just settle down

He's played 4 VFL games this year; 24 disposals & 5 clearances, 15 disposals & 4 clearances (only played a half), 40 disposals & 5 clearances, 31 disposals & 11 clearances.

He's 19 years old.

The bar some people have for his performance seems pretty high.

He did say “He’s been ripping through the VFL like it’s far below him” - that’s not true.

I personally thought he was a bit better in the VFL last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to have blinkers in to miss the howlers he does, every single game.

Just watch the games, faible.
I did not say he had no howlers. They fall in the some very average column . You need to watch if you are saying every kick he has at VFL level is shit :thumbsu:

giphy.gif

I did not say he had no howlers. They fall in the some very average column . You need to watch if you are saying every kick he has at VFL level is shit :thumbsu:

giphy.gif
There's been not many good ones. At least his 40+ to the wrong side of a contest advance the ball.

Point is people have been surprised by the absolute howlers he's served up at AFL level. It shouldn't be a surprise when his kicking has been no better at VFL level. It's been fairly constant across all his games since donning the sash. I've no idea what he was like as a junior.

I've posted on his VFL kicking, it's not something I managed to make up at the time that suddenly all came true when he got to show off his talents to a wider audience.

Last edited:
I don't get the negativity, this guy will be the main man to give us the chaos ball forward 50 entries we need.

It's not like we have a glut of strong marking forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 5: Elijah Tsatas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back