Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Heeney 2.jpg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Last edited by a moderator:

When that was raised, the AFL responded that that case was more complicated. I don't normally like to read too much into things, but the most obvious "complicating" factor would be

Heart Love GIF by Nungala Creative
Well well.
Cameron gets off on appeal, Heeney does not.
Are we surprised.

The AFL are trolling us with the Cameron decision. I would be raging if I was Isaac.
Corrupt AFL roll over on something worse than Heeney's "alleged" infraction.
AFL are corrupt.
Heeney's incident was not malicious IN ANY WAY.

You cou argue Cameron's actions had intent.
Heeneys did not.

I can only assume that the AFL have different gradings for different clubs.

AFL are corrupt.

Heeneys did not.

Just wait for finals. We must make our first quarters like our second quarters or the umps will take it away from us. If there’s any silver lining it’s now very clear what we will be facing in September.

AFL are corrupt.

Heeneys did not.

Cameron 3 weeks was excessive for a tackle but i thought he would get 1 because he drove his head into the ground and the AFL are all about the outcome rather than the action.

Its the fact Heeney loses a chance at extra monetary/recognition for a complete accident

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The right result those tackles getting let off, but does reinforce how farcical last week was...if you had to pick one out of Heeny, Bedford & Cameron, the Cameron one easily the most borderline suspendable of the 3....but not surprised they were able to argue their cases, if the tribunal doesn't let you off the appeal usually does.

Shows how shithouse we are at these arguing tribunal cases, anyone remotely competent would've got Heeney off. Absolutely botched the case and even appealed on the clause least likely to get it ****ing overturned, useless. Whoever we been using should not be used again.

The right result those tackles getting let off, but does reinforce how farcical last week was...if you had to pick one out of Heeny, Bedford & Cameron, the Cameron one easily the most borderline suspendable of the 3....but not surprised they were able to argue their cases, if the tribunal doesn't let you off the appeal usually does.

Shows how shithouse we are at these arguing tribunal cases, anyone remotely competent would've got Heeney off. Absolutely botched the case and even appealed on the clause least likely to get it ****ing overturned, useless. Whoever we been using should not be used again.
Nah the only reason they got off is because the tribunal was lazy when submitting their reason for their decision to not specifically state that the tackle caused the concussion. The tribunal still said that the tackle was dangerous

Can’t lose sight of the fact that our legal Rep screwed up - even though it was against a more hostile appeals board.

Cameron’s defence was laser sharp - nothing to do with ‘good blokeism’.

They actually made the AFL look really silly.

Doesn’t mean Heeney got a fair hearing though - it was still garbage

Ok? I won't ask him to help me move house then?
Didn't you suggest that was a silly theory and the club wouldn't be risking him if he needed a rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back