Media 50 Love

Remove this Banner Ad

50 LOVE

Three Ophidian Old Boy's are set to run out against the Dragons on Sunday reaching their 50th game milestone

50 games threesome.png
Fleabane, Mrs Turbo & Hoos taking 50 games in their stride
Fleabane debut in Round 1 of S34 starting in the Back Pocket against the Gumbies. Fleabane showed early on what a dogged defender they were and was soon elevated to play Centre Half Back as a key defender, resulting in Fleabane being awarded the OOB Defender of the Season trophy in only their rookie season. Following up on a great rookie season Fleabane was pivotal in the OOBs S35 Premiership win and was awarded the deestroy medal as Best on Ground for the GF. Fleabane when asked about this 50 game milestone said, "Into my forth season playing for the Old Boys has flown by. I remember when I first came to Spotswood I really wasn't sure if this pup could play with these big dogs, I walked around with my tail between my legs for sometime. But I had nothing to fret about, the team welcomed me into their pack and well my tail hasn't stopped wagging since."

Mrs Turbo also debut Round 1 on the Half Forward Flank and proved from the start to be an energetic player, who has a knack of floating around the threads and having fun. “50 down and hopefully a long, long career to come, to keep pulling on the Old Boy's jumper is pretty special and I love it. I love playing with this group, my husband and for this club, I can’t wait to get out there on Sunday and slay a dragon” Mrs Turbo said. Mrs T is another product of the Spotswood Rookie Academy that has tasted success early and can boast an impressive premiership ring and EKA for best rookie in the SFA S34. "Winning the EKA was really exciting and getting that recognition from so many other team players in the SFA makes it really special, besides Turbo hasn't got one so it gives me bragging rights in our household."

The journey to 50 games for Hoos started at the Furies season 23 where he played 7 games at the Hippodrome but found limited success and drifted from the game. Fast forward to S34 and the resident bruncher could not resist the call of the Spotswood Dinning Room and the selection of breakfast / lunch foods available to him. "Being an Old Boy was a no brainer, Spotswood is a brunchers paradise with 24 hour catering, brunching has never been so good."

With players like this in the side the Ophidian Old Boys dream of cup2spoon2cup is well and truly alive.....................................................

What a great effort Mrs Turbo Fleabane and Hoos, 50 games is a great milestone as it's in the first few seasons players decide whether they are staying or going, and the OOB's are glad you stayed.

Spotswood Academy provides the topmost environment for scholars and upcoming qooty players, and Mrs Turbo, Fleabane, and Hoos are stellar examples of OOB royalty.

Congratulations to all of you!

50 LOVE

Three Ophidian Old Boy's are set to run out against the Dragons on Sunday reaching their 50th game milestone

View attachment 1899487
Fleabane, Mrs Turbo & Hoos taking 50 games in their stride
Fleabane debut in Round 1 of S34 starting in the Back Pocket against the Gumbies. Fleabane showed early on what a dogged defender they were and was soon elevated to play Centre Half Back as a key defender, resulting in Fleabane being awarded the OOB Defender of the Season trophy in only their rookie season. Following up on a great rookie season Fleabane was pivotal in the OOBs S35 Premiership win and was awarded the deestroy medal as Best on Ground for the GF. Fleabane when asked about this 50 game milestone said, "Into my forth season playing for the Old Boys has flown by. I remember when I first came to Spotswood I really wasn't sure if this pup could play with these big dogs, I walked around with my tail between my legs for sometime. But I had nothing to fret about, the team welcomed me into their pack and well my tail hasn't stopped wagging since."

Mrs Turbo also debut Round 1 on the Half Forward Flank and proved from the start to be an energetic player, who has a knack of floating around the threads and having fun. “50 down and hopefully a long, long career to come, to keep pulling on the Old Boy's jumper is pretty special and I love it. I love playing with this group, my husband and for this club, I can’t wait to get out there on Sunday and slay a dragon” Mrs Turbo said. Mrs T is another product of the Spotswood Rookie Academy that has tasted success early and can boast an impressive premiership ring and EKA for best rookie in the SFA S34. "Winning the EKA was really exciting and getting that recognition from so many other team players in the SFA makes it really special, besides Turbo hasn't got one so it gives me bragging rights in our household."

The journey to 50 games for Hoos started at the Furies season 23 where he played 7 games at the Hippodrome but found limited success and drifted from the game. Fast forward to S34 and the resident bruncher could not resist the call of the Spotswood Dinning Room and the selection of breakfast / lunch foods available to him. "Being an Old Boy was a no brainer, Spotswood is a brunchers paradise with 24 hour catering, brunching has never been so good."

With players like this in the side the Ophidian Old Boys dream of cup2spoon2cup is well and truly alive.....................................................
So many memories since that day I left my home to join the OOBs ...

Fleabane-family-portrait.jpg

Big day for our dashing young trio.

Let's make the after match function a cracker by getting these three the result they deserve.

Let's go OOBS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Media 50 Love

Remove this Banner Ad

Back