Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Moronic decision. So we'll keep KMac over this guy. Complete BS

Very, very strange unless the impending legal stuff played a role.

KMac continuing is almost as big a farce as the internal ceo or 3 year offer for Badminton player Samson Ryan.

Onwards and upwards I suppose.

Moronic decision. So we'll keep KMac over this guy. Complete BS

McIntosh is more serviceable than Pickett by a long way and quietly goes about his role every week - although that is declining fast too.
For the last 2/3 years, Pickett would make 8 critical errors in a row, and then do 1 good piece of play with a hard bump or tackle. At AFL level, it wasn't good enough the last few years and I don't recall getting more frustrated by any other richmond player. The only ones that came close were Aarts and Castagna.

However, given our state, they should both be moved on. We have no need or room for them now and should prioritise Ralphsmith and Banks as the wingmen.

Good luck to Pickett post footy. Was a great story for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only needed 10 games to get to 100 and we have access to 3 father sons

what a joke

might be tied to the court case I reckon ? no way he retires 10 games short

Maybe Marlion has had enough. There is a human side to all of this and sometimes its the human side that a lot of supporters (at all clubs) clearly forget about. If a player is spent, cooked, had enough.....then why go on? If he is at peace with his decision then that's it. That's that.

only needed 10 games to get to 100 and we have access to 3 father sons

what a joke

might be tied to the court case I reckon ? no way he retires 10 games short
Court case is November 2025

Maybe Marlion has had enough. There is a human side to all of this and sometimes its the human side that a lot of supporters (at all clubs) clearly forget about. If a player is spent, cooked, had enough.....then why go on? If he is at peace with his decision then that's it. That's that.
shouldve been sub 9 times next year so his kids could play

watch them all become guns now

Loved seeing Marlion play. That pack mark he took in the VFL was amazing (don't have a pic alas). That tackle on Cripps was freakin aweosme too. A shame he is not continuing on. Wish him all the best and hope he stays around in some capacity to help the indigenous boys.

Marlion-cripps-tackle.GIF

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back