5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

De Grandhomme was attempting to go for a run (even if there wasn't a run there), it's incomparable.

Clearly he wasn't sure if he'd held on to it long enough to constitute a catch today. I don't see how referring that to the third umpire to check is hypocritical.
Isha has spoken so be quiet and I though De Grandhomme was injured when he left his crease when the ball wasn't dead?
1690811422555.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steady rain at the Oval for about another hour. We're losing overs. I reckon we'll be out there again at 4:30-5pm (1:30-2am Eastern).

He left his crease to start running after it deflected off his pad. Unfortunately for him it deflected to Pope.
Like how Bairstow left his crease after the ball went past him. Unfortunately for him it wasn't dead and Carey stumped him.

He knew that he'd potentially screwed it up.

Do don't genuinely think he was 100% certain he'd dropped it then reviewed it hoping they'd completely forget to check the catch...?

Yes, he was so embarrassed in the moment he completely lost the entire bullshit bravado regarding the spirit of cricket, not caring about the result but the spectacle and tried to be a sly dog and risk a dodgy decision by the ump.

He’s honestly provided Broad like ammunition for the rest of his career, utterly hilarious for Australian supporters.

In the words of Broad “this is all you will ever be remembered for now”

Remove this Banner Ad

5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Back