Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Stunning player in full flight. Completely changes the game for LDU etc when he demolishes like that. Going to be a freak by 2026.

He can’t kick for shit and that’s well known inside the four walls of Arden St.

They reckon it will be 2/3 years until his kicking is on point.

True story that

Worried about his kicking, but can't question his attack on the footy and man. And it stands out so much as we have so many soft players.

I think he's going to be a weapon and I reckon his best lateral kicks are fine, but he's not a great kick. He just isn't.

Not overly concerned, though.

Someone teach the bloke how to kick

Not personal attacks and there are plenty of other who also got it wrong, but he is genuinely a gun kick especially in space. One of the best kicks in our side and is capable of hitting low % kicks that only a few in the league can do.

Not personal attacks and there are plenty of other who also got it wrong, but he is genuinely a gun kick especially in space. One of the best kicks in our side and is capable of hitting low % kicks that only a few in the league can do.

All good and he has improved and has some real tricks. He did lack distance but and I know he has worked on his kicking . Amd personally the day I care about being wrong is the day I give up.

I love him and 72.35 % of our squad 🤣

Wardlaw is the player JHF thinks he is.

I love the way he just walks to a stoppage. He doesn’t man up anyone. He just thinks “I’ll impact the play no matter where it goes”. It reminds me of the main character in a Western arrogantly walking up to a duel.

What a player.

Hopefully Goad becomes a half decent player. But either way, I’ll trade Wardlaw for JHF again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surprised so many are tentative about comparisons to jhf and reid. hes got them both covered. best midfield prospect in the game.
Exactly where I'm at. He was just BOG against the reigning premiers despite only 75% game time. He's going to wreck the competition when he can run games out.

Exactly where I'm at. He was just BOG against the reigning premiers despite only 75% game time. He's going to wreck the competition when he can run games out.
Of his 30 possessions he had 22 by half time. He was struggling by late in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Was probably effectively fit for 55-60% game time.

Not a bad half of footy for someone in their 20th game tho. Imagine when he gets match fit and match hardened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back