Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I always hated contact training back in the day.. you would always get 2 or 3 morons who would go just as hard as match day..

ATM corn frances likely has the best goal sense of the 3 , he is closest to the dusty/danger hybrid mid hf model. but reid in 12 months will be a close call. but for mine Georgie looks to be a cross between anthony stephens and schimma with a little bit of johnny blakey thrown in just slightly without the tank atm.

fwiw heres a little snippet of schimma for the younger brigade to compare.

So many good memories. Watching Greig and Schimma together was always a highlight

I always hated contact training back in the day.. you would always get 2 or 3 morons who would go just as hard as match day..
As a player, it was always a time where I thought you sent your dumbest and white line fever predators to run laps, while the skilful players did competitive stuff….unfortunately, I played in a few sides where most ran laps and there wasn’t enough to do the competitive work

Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

As a player, it was always a time where I thought you sent your dumbest and white line fever predators to run laps, while the skilful players did competitive stuff….unfortunately, I played in a few sides where most ran laps and there wasn’t enough to do the competitive work
Yep Coach Pop used to keep Aaron Baynes away from training with Tim Duncan at the San Antonio Spurs because he was out of control and would probably injure somebody.

Sorry but that's malpractice. You can train with intensity. A bump on a kick that results in a concussion, outside of a freak accident, is just a poor decision.

Sorry but that's malpractice. You can train with intensity. A bump on a kick that results in a concussion, outside of a freak accident, is just a poor decision.
I’m sure there will be feedback given regarding the approach of looking after your teammates at training but at the same time it’s a contact sport and accidents happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this was the People's Republic of China, Hugh Greenwood would be getting collected by a state vehicle from his home right now, stoically accepting his fate.

It was an accident, of the type that happen in a contact sport.

Not sure why it needs to be a 'freak' accident for you to accept it for what it is.

Damn! In saying that, he's been having a red hot crack the last few weeks and could probably use a rest.

It'll be interesting to see how the midfield holds up without him. LDU x Wardlaw has been awesome to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back