Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

With KISS gets the chocolates though Bertie.

Never understood the whole thing with traditional rock acts being backed by classical orchestras.

It’s just the same old blues based pentatonic scales played by classical instruments - not classical music at all.

I like quite a bit of classical, how about Beethoven's glorious 9th

View attachment 2051116
Years ago a mate & I went seen 2001, a Space Odyssey with the Adelaide Symphony orchestra. Was amazing. I remember we snuck a bottle of vodka in & during one of the silent parts of the film got the giggles & could not stop laughing. Very mature.

Years ago a mate & I went seen 2001, a Space Odyssey with the Adelaide Symphony orchestra. Was amazing. I remember we snuck a bottle of vodka in & during one of the silent parts of the film got the giggles & could not stop laughing. Very mature.
Name change coming on - marklovesvodkaandbeer?

And at the house of Bertie and Mrs B.

My favourite ever MSO concert was when they backed the Beach Boys about 15 years ago!! What a night.
Never been much a fan of contemporary artist collaborations with a Symphony Orchestra I've got to admit.

Never been much a fan of contemporary artist collaborations with a Symphony Orchestra I've got to admit.
You're post made me think, "yeah, sometimes strings in pop and rock are mawkish and awful". But I couldn't think of any examples off the top of my head, so I googled "worst strings in pop".
To my brief annoyance, the first result was this fantastic article that named about a dozen songs that I love with orchestral arrangements! Bloody good read:

television video GIF by AMPYA

You're post made me think, "yeah, sometimes strings in pop and rock are mawkish and awful". But I couldn't think of any examples off the top of my head, so I googled "worst strings in pop".
To my brief annoyance, the first result was this fantastic article that named about a dozen songs that I love with orchestral arrangements! Bloody good read:
There's some good shit in there.

There's some good shit in there.
Damn, there is some good shit in there!

Love me some Bjork especially, she was a genius.

Thanks for posting Charlie :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fast forward him to 100 games please.
Can’t wait to see him at his peak.
The ultimate predator! North board would have collectively lost it if that effort from the pocket went through. Hot diggitty!

Thought George’s hands weren’t happening for him today. Seemed to struggle to grab the ball cleanly. Hopefully just one of those days
Agree.

It’s the one part of his game he really needs to work hard on.

If he starts to take possession cleanly with his power and burst he will be very hard to stop.

Should be a big focus of his training, ground ball drills.

It also could be a carry over from his hamstring issues. People with a history of bad hammies can sometimes be more hesitant to stay lower for that extra split second.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back