AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…

Remove this Banner Ad

Canโ€™t find much in there. Mustnโ€™t have been all that controversial.

It wasn't that exciting. Something along the lines of it perhaps not being the right path to take right now.

P***es me off a bit - people complain about the athletes at those sports nights being boring - and they can definitely be a bit of a wankfest sometimes - but if the players do say something worth listening to, it's all over the Hun the next day. Any wonder they opt to respond with 'it is what it is'-type answers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is one who would flourish with being captain, would set much higher standards than Heppell I'm sure

I'd like to see him named captain sooner rather than later. Get everyone used to the idea that there's a new person in charge of the leadership group. That way he can also look after any speaking engagements or comments that the captain would be doing.

The VCs/leadership group can wait till right before proper season starts though. Let everyone know they're a chance and the group will be chosen on merit.

I'd like to see him named captain sooner rather than later. Get everyone used to the idea that there's a new person in charge of the leadership group. That way he can also look after any speaking engagements or comments that the captain would be doing.

The VCs/leadership group can wait till right before proper season starts though. Let everyone know they're a chance and the group will be chosen on merit.
I'm not convinced that Zach is the kind of player who knows how to get the rest of them to follow his lead. Is he really that guy?, the guy who says 'come on boys, let's bring it home' and everyone lifts because they believe in him and they know they should?

I remain very concerned that EFC are confusing best player with best leader.

Based on who is at the club, and Iโ€™m not saying itโ€™s optimal, I would be looking at Jake Kelly to be a Tom Harley/Nick Maxwell type skipper until a better option emerges.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 5 time Crichton Medallist! ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back