Player Watch #7: Zane Duursma

Remove this Banner Ad

Its hard to tell after losing Tarryn and not having Jy around. Its definitely improved over the season.

In the game against Port there were times where Sheeze and Wardlaw showed some real positive signs and LDU seems to be getting better as he learns to deal with the attention he gets as the only established midfielder. They still aren't spreading with the intensity I'd like to see but the improvement is there.
Obviously having a 6’2” agile, damaging mid absent from the rotation has hurt LDU and the mids, but Jy’s repulsive form and fitness this year has meant that so many holes have emerged on our midfield structure. I just don’t think people care to realise just how important Jy is to filling those holes.

Obviously having a 6’2” agile, damaging mid absent from the rotation has hurt LDU and the mids, but Jy’s repulsive form and fitness this year has meant that so many holes have emerged on our midfield structure. I just don’t think people care to realise just how important Jy is to filling those holes.
Does he still have it in him?
I think the form drop off was evident last year as well - that’s what leaves me a bit confused

Patch Adams has done a sterling job as our forwards coach. No-one is allowed to lead at the ball carrier. All forwards must run at 2/3 pace away from the ball carrier waving their arms in the air and then all fly and compete against eachother.
Arthur Cloke i think Patch did the forwards last year, and he has the Mids this year. Not quite sure he has a Midfield strategy for this year, beyond allowing 6-8 goal runs to take place regularly, and telling the players to avoid taking possession for the majority of a QTR. 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Back