Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

He's just not kicking well at the moment. I think it’s inside a confidence issue as much as anything. Never been the greatest kick, tho I think Nostra over egged it in the past, but he's having an especially poor year this year.
He’s kicking worse for sure atm

But in the past people have overlooked his shit kicking too much along with his softness and lack of strength

Give me Hardeman over this bloke now and long term even dyl stephens who is similar to Scott but a better kick at least

Should be trade bait

Surprised he hasn't been discussed.

Won't declare he's back but his game looked a much more cohesive one yesterday.

No doubt team structure and application as a whole helps a lot of players look better individually.
He saved the midfield’s bacon numerous times with his hard running back and forward. Played a great game I thought.

But in the past people have overlooked his shit kicking too much along with his softness and lack of strength

Give me Hardeman over this bloke now and long term even dyl stephens who is similar to Scott but a better kick at least

Should be trade bait
He's stronger, tougher and works harder than Dyl Stephens. You constantly ignore how hard he works and his effort because you only see the worst in him and only want to see the negatives, in exactly the same way people ignored his average kicking in past years cos he worked so hard and they only wanted to see the positives.

Remember his first game when we were flogged by Freo in Perth? He won the RS nomination for R1. He scored two goals and clocked about 24 disposals.
I just looked up the stats and Bailey went at 100% kicking efficiency in that game.

Should be trade bait
It’s more that his mistakes are absolute shockers. When he makes them, it makes you wonder how could he possibly screw up so badly. However, I think he is a barometer for the team. The better the team plays, the better Bailey will look. That’s why I’m not as down on him as you are, N. Even though, there have been times when he’s almost caused me to put my foot through the TV.

We've got way more issues than Bailey Scott FFS. Has a couple of down weeks and everyone wants to trade him

Christ he's played at a pretty good level for 3 years plus now. Elite runner and would be a 16-22 type in most sides but some want to flick him for some kid we'd get with our (at most) 3rd round pick, who hasn't figured out how to apply shaving foam yet , and who is a better than even chance of being a flop

This bloke is a joke

afraid to go and win the hard ball or actually tackle so just watches players stream by him

Does all his work on transition only and when he gets it’s just gives it back to the oppo
Can we get a thread ban for this bloke?

The obsession is real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your obsession with me is real
If we're serious as a club about improving in all facits of the game, we shouldn't accept sub-par posting either.

You're the worst type of poster on here. Never anything new, just pick 3 or 4 players and rinse and repeat negative comments across the board. Everyone already knows what you think, and that you'll never change your mind regardless of output. What's the point?

Back to ignore status.

Should’ve had a 50m penalty and a shot on goal to win us the match. I’m not sure he would’ve kicked it, but F knows why the 50m call wasn’t called?
Watching the replay I don’t reckon the umpire had decided whether he would or wouldn’t and then for some unknown reason Scott played on and the umpire had an out.

This bloke is a joke

afraid to go and win the hard ball or actually tackle so just watches players stream by him

Does all his work on transition only and when he gets it’s just gives it back to the oppo
bloke was near Best on in 1st half and a good part of the reason we were 10 goals up, you simply cant have it both ways,

maybe go back and watch it again.

Watching the replay I don’t reckon the umpire had decided whether he would or wouldn’t and then for some unknown reason Scott played on and the umpire had an out.

Poise will happen in good time for all our lot...they just do dumb things that experienced teams dont.

eg Larkey should have gone back and kicked that goal in the last instead of handballing

A lot better today. A couple poor turnovers later in the game due to poor kicking. But clearly a winger and not half back.

Can’t help but feel that he should have cracked it/waited a couple seconds longer to make the umpire have to make a call rather than playing on

A couple of clangers in the last Q from Scott hurt us. A bit like his game vs Ess. Can't question his effort but gee, he can serve up a World Class Clanger when he wants to. That's the problem I suppose when we have plenty of B & C Grade footballers on our list. They will make costly errors - Sleevo, Fisher & Tucker other perfect examples today.

A couple of clangers in the last Q from Scott hurt us. A bit like his game vs Ess. Can't question his effort but gee, he can serve up a World Class Clanger when he wants to. That's the problem I suppose when we have plenty of B & C Grade footballers on our list. They will make costly errors - Sleevo, Fisher & Tucker other perfect examples today.

Yeah, those and McDonald are all players with significant flaws in their game. All teams have them, but the ones that clubs get rid of are those with limited upside.

From that list, Fisher and Scott are the two for whom their good is clearly good enough to outweigh their bad.

I used to include Sleevo on that list, but now I don't know. He has a lot of ground to make up from where his game is at now.

Tucker has been better lately, but still not enough good for his bad (which is not the howling clangers of the others, just very poor ball use and decision-making under pressure, without being quick enough to escape pressure).

And McDonald ranks below Sleevo and Tucker.

TL;DR - Scott and Fisher do enough to stay in the best 22 in 2025, the others should all be VFL (or gone).

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott - signs until end 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back