Past #8: Daniel Wells - joins Collingwood as a FA - North get pick #32 as compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Came across this article today, from just before Wellsy was drafted. What a gun as a kid, but the didn't quite work out as he thought....

"That's not to say there isn't good footy played here but I definitely want to go east," Wells said.

The speedy wingman with Peel Thunder in the WAFL is likely to get his wish in the national draft later this year. Carlton, Richmond and St Kilda have the first picks.

He said Carlton was the club he really wanted to play for, particularly now that Denis Pagan had been appointed coach.

The Blues have the first two picks in the draft after finishing 16th this season.

And his brothers too
An old mate of mine reckoned his older brother was a better footballer, but just wanted to play with his mates. Idk how many brothers he has though

This led me to have a look at the 2016 draft to see what we received from Pick 32. I may be wrong but it looks like it became Pick 34 and Declan Watson.

But not all bad news as we got Jy Simpkin and Nick Larkey at 12 and 73 respectively, plus a few other fails. Looking at that draft on an overall basis, there have been some very good players come from it.

This led me to have a look at the 2016 draft to see what we received from Pick 32. I may be wrong but it looks like it became Pick 34 and Declan Watson.

But not all bad news as we got Jy Simpkin and Nick Larkey at 12 and 73 respectively, plus a few other fails. Looking at that draft on an overall basis, there have been some very good players come from it.

It became 37 and we took Williams with it.

Equally a fail though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has stacked it on. Did not believe it was him until I saw the second post mentioning him.

Lol I saw this yesterday when the coach posted it in our fb group

**** me is Maria going to kill him at this rate

Has stacked it on. Did not believe it was him until I saw the second post mentioning him.

Collingwood put plenty of food on the table it seems

Longest goals of all time. Daniel Wells’ claim on the title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back