NO TROLLS RW and KP's #offtopic Dumpsterfire

Remove this Banner Ad

I could care less about that phrase

I sure hope this is intentionally taking the piss out of people who misuse that phrase (i.e. should be "I couldN'T care less").

It's one of my pet hates

Me too, I can't understand how people think that expression makes sense when said that way.
It's 100% an American thing - I read a lot of fan fiction and self-published works its rife through all the US authors. And don't even get me started on the use of drug instead of dragged!!:madv1:

It's 100% an American thing - I read a lot of fan fiction and self-published works its rife through all the US authors. And don't even get me started on the use of drug instead of dragged!!:madv1:
While we are slagging off the septic tanks since when has something been addicting? It's addictive you illiterate ****s.

Song when compared with Heeney, Gulden and Warner:

Not sure that song will come across over the din of the crowd and the bass heavy SCG sound system.

Other than Errol, a song I’d never heard (of) four years ago but which is now instantly recognisable, every single piece of noise they broadcast after goals sounds exactly the same to me, mostly just a heavy bass line and nothing else recognisable.

Not sure that song will come across over the din of the crowd and the bass heavy SCG sound system.

Other than Errol, a song I’d never heard (of) four years ago but which is now instantly recognisable, every single piece of noise they broadcast after goals sounds exactly the same to me, mostly just a heavy bass line and nothing else recognisable.
You'd never heard Oh Errol??? Pretty big back in the day.
But I did love Australian Crawl so it could be just that I had the album and played it constantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd never heard Oh Errol??? Pretty big back in the day.
But I did love Australian Crawl so it could be just that I had the album and played it constantly.

i was about to say the same thing ... how could you not have heard "errol" ...
i couldn't stand australian crawl (or most of that aussie pub rock crud) but you couldn't avoid that friggin song

but geez, as was posted in the non-swans gameday thread, they were playing the macarena the other night ... did they want the crowd to leave!?!
this (loud) music thing is just horrible

Oh Errol might have been big in Australia but it didn’t make its way to the UK, where I was born, bred and lived until 1994.

We did like our Aussie soaps though. I remember watching a soapie mini-series called Return to Eden in which James Reyne played the main antagonist. I had no awareness of Reyne’s day job though.

i was about to say the same thing ... how could you not have heard "errol" ...
i couldn't stand australian crawl (or most of that aussie pub rock crud) but you couldn't avoid that friggin song

but geez, as was posted in the non-swans gameday thread, they were playing the macarena the other night ... did they want the crowd to leave!?!
this (loud) music thing is just horrible
I heard that, couldn't believe it.
And everyone complains about Country Roads and Sweet Caroline!

Oh Errol might have been big in Australia but it didn’t make its way to the UK, where I was born, bred and lived until 1994.

We did like our Aussie soaps though. I remember watching a soapie mini-series called Return to Eden in which James Reyne played the main antagonist. I had no awareness of Reyne’s day job though.
I didn't realize you were from the UK, that makes total sense. I don't think Aus Crawl were big anywhere but here.

I hope you could understand his diction better in the soapie than in his songs. I loved Aus Crawl but one day I took a good look at the lyrics of 'Boys Light Up' and I lost my innocence.

Australia has a shameful history of soap stars crossing over into music.

Don't believe me?

Just be thankful the Swans chose "Errol" instead of "Mona".

I hope you could understand his diction better in the soapie than in his songs. I loved Aus Crawl but one day I took a good look at the lyrics of 'Boys Light Up' and I lost my innocence.
Hahaha, yeah diction wasn't ole Jimmie Reyne's greatest attribute. That and his acting left a lot to be desired, but he certainly wrote some ripper songs and he was a great front man.

Australia has a shameful history of soap stars crossing over into music.

Don't believe me?

Just be thankful the Swans chose "Errol" instead of "Mona".

Opposite direction to Reyne, I guess, given he was a singer first and actor not-really.

Mona was actually a hit in the UK, though maybe not a very big one. But we were well into both Neighbours and Home and Away, so all the various musical ventures of the casts of those shows got exposure on the British pop channels. 'Especially for you' was a huge hit.

But it wasn't confined to the Australians. One of the biggest home grown soaps during my childhood was Eastenders. For some reason my whole family was quite into this, as we weren't, on the whole, the kind of family that did soaps. (Or at least, my parents weren't. We kids found our own way to various soaps.) One of the storylines that I only vaguely remember was about as soppy as Scott and Charlene's romance, and the 'heart throb' star, Nick Berry, had a hit with an equivalently appalling, soppy song.

Opposite direction to Reyne, I guess, given he was a singer first and actor not-really.

Mona was actually a hit in the UK, though maybe not a very big one. But we were well into both Neighbours and Home and Away, so all the various musical ventures of the casts of those shows got exposure on the British pop channels. 'Especially for you' was a huge hit.

But it wasn't confined to the Australians. One of the biggest home grown soaps during my childhood was Eastenders. For some reason my whole family was quite into this, as we weren't, on the whole, the kind of family that did soaps. (Or at least, my parents weren't. We kids found our own way to various soaps.) One of the storylines that I only vaguely remember was about as soppy as Scott and Charlene's romance, and the 'heart throb' star, Nick Berry, had a hit with an equivalently appalling, soppy song.

Oh wow that is a shocker! Can't say I've ever heard it before, but I can guarantee I'll never be hearing it again.
I'd hate to hear the top 14 worst songs of all time if that's only 15.

Oh wow that is a shocker! Can't say I've ever heard it before, but I can guarantee I'll never be hearing it again.
I'd hate to hear the top 14 worst songs of all time if that's only 15.
I think he was singing the notes like playing darts - missing most of them and getting accidentally close to the bullseye only on occasions.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS RW and KP's #offtopic Dumpsterfire