Round 16 v Gold Coast 38 disposals 10 marks 4 tackles 0.1
Round 20 v Bulldogs 35 disposals 7 marks 4 tackles 3.1
Round 21 v Dockers 32 disposals 1 mark 4 tackles 0.1
Round 9 v Hawthorn 31 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles 1.0
Round 22 v Essendon 31 disposals 10 marks 5 tackles 0.5

Honours:

2011 Jack Dyer Medal Winner
2012 Jack Dyer Medal Winner
2012 Leigh Matthews Trophy Winner(AFLCA Best Player)
2013 Richmond Captain

Contracted until 2013.

tugga has it spot on in his signature about Trent Cotchin. Get the feeling if he doesn't lead us back to the top of the ladde, nobody ever will.
The best things to happen to this football club in many many years.

tugga has it spot on in his signature about Trent Cotchin. Get the feeling if he doesn't lead us back to the top of the ladde, nobody ever will.
The best things to happen to this football club in many many years.
I couldn't agree more TCT plus he looks a lot like Cornelious off Plant Of The Apes so he is very marketable to young Tiger fans as well ensuring future membership numbers for years to come.

Had a decent hitout Friday night, pretty much ran around grabbed a handful of disposals and then took it easy in the second game.

I know it was only NAB Cup but I lost my shit when the ump paid holding the ball against him when he won a contest he had absolutely no right to win and then got tackled immediately. Umps were as rusty as the players. Some absolute shockers. That said, still not sure on some of the new rule interpretations myself. Trent will reign supreme.

I know it was only NAB Cup but I lost my shit when the ump paid holding the ball against him when he won a contest he had absolutely no right to win and then got tackled immediately. Umps were as rusty as the players. Some absolute shockers. That said, still not sure on some of the new rule interpretations myself. Trent will reign supreme.

Me too Johnno . These umpires are just so out of touch with the game . It's going to be a very very very very long year watching these guys butcher games.

Trent Cotchin is mortal. Which is a relief, given many might question whether the Richmond star had any weakness.
A season of sustained brilliance was rewarded with a runner-up finish in the 2012 Brownlow Medal.
He has since taken over as Tigers captain.
He seemingly can't be tagged, stopped or hated. In short, Cotchin has become the new Lenny Hayes: the player everyone loves to love.
But the relief comes from finding that Cotchin can be jealous like everyone else, as well as nervous.
Read more: Cotchin Hungry For Success

NEW Richmond captain Trent Cotchin has prepared himself to lead the club through an unlikely alliance with cricketer Simon Katich.

The former Australian Test star meets Cotchin often to discuss leadership strategies.

Cotchin says it has given him a better understanding of dealing with the complex range of personalities that feature in any group.

"He is a Richmond supporter and a really good guy. He is a bit of a mentor to me," Cotchin said of Katich, who played the last of his 56 Tests in 2010 and captained Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash League this season.

"(Richmond assistant coach) Wayne Campbell came up with the idea at the start of last year, that it would be good to have someone who is quite similar in personality and has had a fair bit of experience in leadership in a different caper, and we came up with Simon.

Read more: Cotchin and Katich

2013 Stats

NAB 1 vs Melbourne/North GM1 8 disposals 2 marks GM2 3 disposals 1 mark
NAB 2 vs Essendon DNP
NAB 3 vs Hawthorn 28 disposals(14/14) 12 contested possessions 6 clangers 6 marks 4 clearances(3 centre) 4 tackles 5 I50 1 R50

Round 1 vs Carlton 33 disposals(22/11 48.5%DE) 16 contested 5 clangers 3 marks 7 clearances(4 centre clearances) 3 R50 2 tackles 6 I50 2 GA 83% game time 101 DT 119SC 10 AFLCA Votes

First game as captain and led the way from the front. Won 33 disposals with 16 contested and drove the ball inside 50 on 6 occasions. Would have liked to see the DE a little better than 48% but still when you're winning as much contested ball as he is you can forgive that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent has started the defense of his AFLCA award in fine form with a 10 vote performance against the Blues in round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back