A-League Round 9 - The Westgate Derby.. Again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. His arm certainly wasn’t in an unnatural position and the decision didn’t need to be reviewed. Compared to last weeks which should’ve been reviewed and overturned. Getting very, very lucky. And their commentators are highly unprofessional and ridiculously biased.

I meant more to the fact that you think Wellington is a waste of space.

Wellington given another ludicrous winner from var. getting beyond a joke now. Hopefully they get screwed over for the rest of the season. Nothing club.
Have a read:
www.theroar.com.au/2019/11/08/wellington-phoenix-get-screwed-every-week-and-nobody-cares/

That's the rules these days. I don't agree with them but there's nothing we can do.
Is the 9k crowd the nix got in Auckland more than they normally get at the cake tin?
Just a little larger, and last year we got 24k but if we were going there every second week we would probably eventually average the same crowd.

Have a read:
www.theroar.com.au/2019/11/08/wellington-phoenix-get-screwed-every-week-and-nobody-cares/

That's the rules these days. I don't agree with them but there's nothing we can do.

Just a little larger, and last year we got 24k but if we were going there every second week we would probably eventually average the same crowd.
Helps playing at an inner city stadium. If Auckland council ever pull their finger out and build the waterfront city stadium, a 10k avg crowd for an Auckland based side would be doable. So many English expats who love the game but hate north harbour stadium

Have a read:

The rules? Nope. Those have been ignored regularly. His arm wasn’t tucked in but it certainly wasn’t out in an unnatural position. It was ridiculous and very lucky. For the second week in a row.

And the article had nothing to do with the incident. Just one person’s (largely unsubstantiated) cries that no one cares about Wellington.

Well interested on the article he puts together this week bemoaning the treatment wsw have been getting.
Or citing Wellington’s poor sportsmanship/gamesmanship at Hindmarsh a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway can’t be gifted wins with dodgy penalties every week. When you’re relying on that you’re not going very far as a team.

And another thing - the dude quotes Harnwell in relation to people complaining about the Kiwi commentators... seriously... Harnwell is too unbiased to the point he often comes across as anti-perth. A poor example like that doesn’t substantiate the argument he’s trying to make. Andy Harper is often very notably biased in his interpreation of decisions depending on whether it benefits/impacts a nsw based side. He’s absurd and unprofessional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rules? Nope. Those have been ignored regularly. His arm wasn’t tucked in but it certainly wasn’t out in an unnatural position. It was ridiculous and very lucky. For the second week in a row.
Last week I admitted was soft and probably didn't deserve it, but we dominated that match and deserved to win (not like that however). The arm was away from the body and unfortunately blocked a shot on goal. Blame our shitty refs, not the Nix.

We have never gotten these 50/50 decisions. Even when we did get the odd soft decision in past years no one complained because we had the worst penalty taker in the league in Krishna who never slotted them, however rare they were. Now that we're taking advantage of it, you're up in arms. Shows what happens when we're making some waves in the League the past couple of years - people notice.
And the article had nothing to do with the incident. Just one person’s (largely unsubstantiated) cries that no one cares about Wellington.

Well interested on the article he puts together this week bemoaning the treatment wsw have been getting.
Or citing Wellington’s poor sportsmanship/gamesmanship at Hindmarsh a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway can’t be gifted wins with dodgy penalties every week. When you’re relying on that you’re not going very far as a team.
Everything in that article is accurate for someone who has followed the Nix, and this is according to an Australian, so already it is unbiased and outlines what the CEOs and the staff/players have to endure week-in-week-out.
I'll add to this however, it is very much any team who isn't the likes of Sydney FC or the Melbourne teams, things are amplified for us however because we have more off-field problems to worry about because of the licence bullshit the past seasons so it all adds up. With Babbel coming out last week (was it?) and talking about the referees being anti-WSW, we copped the absolute same treatment at one point last year when Rudan tee'd off. Preferential decisions to anyone who wasn't the Nix, it seemed like a conspiracy at the time. But we'll see what happens next week, hey? We have Victory in Melbourne... I'll eagerly wait and see how we get all the decisions then :rolleyes: And if we do, I'll apologise and say the referees are favouring us (for some unknown reason, maybe karma?)

Poor sportsmanship? Pssh, what, no team away from home timewastes? Spare me.
And another thing - the dude quotes Harnwell in relation to people complaining about the Kiwi commentators... seriously... Harnwell is too unbiased to the point he often comes across as anti-perth. A poor example like that doesn’t substantiate the argument he’s trying to make. Andy Harper is often very notably biased in his interpreation of decisions depending on whether it benefits/impacts a nsw based side. He’s absurd and unprofessional.
Okay fine, he should have used Harper or Slater - both who have been notably anti-Nix for a very long time. Personally the only commentators I respect are Hill and even Brenton Speed. Sure the Kiwi commentators are biased, but that's because they're broadcasting to NZ via a NZ channel, hyping up the Nix to get more fans on board. It's very much a NZ V the rest of Australia thing to them, much like others in this country are with an NZ team in OUR comp.

If it was me, like some of the comments have said from that article - just give us the crowd effects. No commentators - no interviews - crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back