hawkeye23

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2004
Vale crackers57
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Clique - of course!
Let me preface this post by saying that I haven't read any of the hoo-ha going on on these boards, and I probably won't, even after I've hit the submit button on this thread...

I've been an Eagles supporter and member since day dot. I was there when we were crap in the early years, with crap facilities and having to pay the way of interstate teams to come and play against us. I was there when we won our first premiership, there for the second. I bit my tongue when my father, lily livered that he is, defected to the Purple Penis Eaters. I struggled through watching the stalwarts of our club retire or move on in the late 90's. I survived the "Dreaded Ken Judge Years". I was there when Juddy played that game at the Gabba. I sat at Princes Park and watched us get flogged by the Blues to the tune of 120-odd points. I was there when we fell short by 4 points in 2005, and I was there again last year when we got up by the narrowest of margins.

The day we won the 2006 flag was the best footy day of my life. I was in the crowd, hugging people I'd never met, tears streaming down my face, with an enormous sense of pride, achievement, relief, elation. I thought that nothing could bring me down from that.

To see my club going through what it's going through at the moment just rips me apart. We should be enjoying the fruits of our labours, and looking positively to the season ahead. Instead, my club has lurched from controversy to controversy in the off-season, and to read the comments of so-called supporters makes my stomach turn. Our club needs our support!

To our players, please, pull together through these dramas. Don't resort to in-fighting and dustups. To the administrators, please, do all you can to give the players all the support humanly possible. To our supporters and members, do not resort to "eating our own". Talk of boycotts is talk of bandwagoners. We're better than that. We've got so much to look forward to. We, as a club, and I mean everyone involved, need to look to the upcoming season and sieze our opportunities with some self respect, pride and dignity.

Lets rise above this Coasters! We're Eagles. Lets soar!!

<This is brilliant and sincere, it deserves to be stickied. - Goldenblue>

Boycotting Round 1 and booing wont do anything. It happens all the time in soccer and most of the time the players turn against the fans and stop playing to the best of there ability. Just go there clap and go home.

Let me preface this post by saying that I haven't read any of the hoo-ha going on on these boards, and I probably won't, even after I've hit the submit button on this thread...

I've been an Eagles supporter and member since day dot. I was there when we were crap in the early years, with crap facilities and having to pay the way of interstate teams to come and play against us. I was there when we won our first premiership, there for the second. I bit my tongue when my father, lily livered that he is, defected to the Purple Penis Eaters. I struggled through watching the stalwarts of our club retire or move on in the late 90's. I survived the "Dreaded Ken Judge Years". I was there when Juddy played that game at the Gabba. I sat at Princes Park and watched us get flogged by the Blues to the tune of 120-odd points. I was there when we fell short by 4 points in 2005, and I was there again last year when we got up by the narrowest of margins.

The day we won the 2006 flag was the best footy day of my life. I was in the crowd, hugging people I'd never met, tears streaming down my face, with an enormous sense of pride, achievement, relief, elation. I thought that nothing could bring me down from that.

To see my club going through what it's going through at the moment just rips me apart. We should be enjoying the fruits of our labours, and looking positively to the season ahead. Instead, my club has lurched from controversy to controversy in the off-season, and to read the comments of so-called supporters makes my stomach turn. Our club needs our support!

To our players, please, pull together through these dramas. Don't resort to in-fighting and dustups. To the administrators, please, do all you can to give the players all the support humanly possible. To our supporters and members, do not resort to "eating our own". Talk of boycotts is talk of bandwagoners. We're better than that. We've got so much to look forward to. We, as a club, and I mean everyone involved, need to look to the upcoming season and sieze our opportunities with some self respect, pride and dignity.

Seconded. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

we cant just all be pussies and say...sack cuz, sack chick and sack player X etc. we gotta persevere and become a stronger club.

Well said Hawkeye23!!

I hope the club as a whole pull together, especially the players.

Out of adversity comes opportunity.
opportunity for young or lesser rated players to step up
opportunity for them to come closer as a group to achieve the ultimate goal
opportunity for new leaders to come forward
opportunity for Juddy to become the next great captain of our club

The other option would be to fracture and totally implode. I really don't want to see that.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

couldnt have put it better than myself... i agree with everything you say. No matter what happens i will always be a proud West Coast supporter, no matter how much everyone wants to put us down.
We gotta stick behind the boys 110%

I'm not a West Coast Supporter, but before we had the Crows, WCE were one of the two teams I liked the most.

Now, Cousins is one of my favourite players.

Forgetting all the bull**** that's been going on, I just hope the Club does the right thing by Cousins - he obviously has some problems and needs some help, it's time to put him first and get him right, then worry about footy.

The club is going through a tough time but the fans who stick with the club through the s**t and get to the gold are the real winners:thumbsu:

As they say, the sky is the darkest before sunrise and hopefully we'll have all the boys back, happy and sober (ish) soon to deal out sum old skool eagles whoopass

well said :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: but the footy club is bigger than the man we should get rid of him now before he brings yours and my club further down!

great uplifting speech hawkeye. nearly brought a tear to my eye. last year when we won the flag ill never forget that joyous feeling so imagine if we win it this year after all the **** weve copped. bring on season 2007 and if we go all the way i will spend as much as possible to get to the gf.

BRING ON ROUND 1 !!

Sorry again being new to this, what was judd's 'THAT' game at the gabba and when was it?

Again sorry for the bother

Sorry again being new to this, what was judd's 'THAT' game at the gabba and when was it?

Again sorry for the bother
a couple of years ago, I think he kicked 5 in the first half? and most of those were him breaking through packs or winning the ball from a stoppage. He literally blew brisbane apart single handed that day.

One of the best posts i have ever read on BF. Whoosha should have you address the team before Rd.1. Great stuff.

Eagles are my favourite team to watch in the AFL from a pure football point of view at the moment. I just hope you guys can get your act together as your opportunity to win a flag is here and now and the window of opportunity can slip by very quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

A Plea to the WCE Players, Administration, Members and Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back