The BRICKSTER

All Australian
Jul 28, 2006
Gardiners Creek
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Man Utd
Get this guy he looks awesome, herd he kicked 9 on the weekend for Frankston still only young i believe he is worth the risk in picking him up could turn out to be the X factor or something for us next year, all i know that is ive seen enough of him to know that he can play and would be a bargin pick up if other clubs have shown interest in him

What do u guys think ?

play him along side Shultz af FF or on a Forward Flank

Built very solid and got amazing hands above his head:thumbsu:

184cm... Not going to be many Russell Robertsons (successfull key forwards at such a height) make it in the AFL.

If we gave Rodan a game i dont see why we wouldnt give this bloke one. Took some good grabs against us last year for the Weagles and from what i've seen he has talent, you dont kick 88 goals in the VFL if you're a dud.

DyerBolical said:
If we gave Rodan a game i dont see why we wouldnt give this bloke one. Took some good grabs against us last year for the Weagles and from what i've seen he has talent, you dont kick 88 goals in the VFL if you're a dud.

Yes you do. Podsiadly, Sauntner etc. Very different requirement for an AFL full forward and one in the VFL. Sav Rocca still kicks plenty in the VFL.

I think Fremantle have killed the idea of the small full-forwards. When they went through Medhurst they were rubbish. When they dumped him and set up with some proper tall forwards they finally started playing decent football.

Bringing in Edwards wouldn't do much for us. Richardson and Brown will be our forwards next year. Schulz, Hughes, Pattison and McGuane need development time. Meyer is a handy X-factor. We simply don't have the vacancy at FF for a leading guy like Edwards.

The BRICKSTER said:
What do u guys think ?

play him along side Shultz af FF or on a Forward Flank

Built very solid and got amazing hands above his head:thumbsu:

so you think he's so good that richo couldn't find a posi...schulz is the next BIG thing with the only factor holding back being the Big No 12 attracting 90% of the pill inside F50....a 184cm edwards is far from the answer..anyway I thought Hughes/Limbach were tracking nicely as longer term prospects

Azza is a brilliant player and the Tigers need him, when he can kick 88 goals in about 13 games you have got to be impressed. I agree with the Brickster, he could be very handy and give him another chance :thumbsu:

You guys are unrealistic, this guy just adds presence and at only 184 cms he will be a great little Hail like player, give him a shot :)

Weaver said:
Yes you do. Podsiadly, Sauntner etc. Very different requirement for an AFL full forward and one in the VFL. Sav Rocca still kicks plenty in the VFL.

I think Fremantle have killed the idea of the small full-forwards. When they went through Medhurst they were rubbish. When they dumped him and set up with some proper tall forwards they finally started playing decent football.

Bringing in Edwards wouldn't do much for us. Richardson and Brown will be our forwards next year. Schulz, Hughes, Pattison and McGuane need development time. Meyer is a handy X-factor. We simply don't have the vacancy at FF for a leading guy like Edwards.
Have you ever played football, the VFL is still of a very high standard. I did not say play this guy as our full forward,i said he has talent and is not a dud like rodan,there is no reason he cant play effectively as a forward pocket or even half forward. I didnt see Pettifer do anything like this guy is doing in the VFL and Edwards is three years behind him.

Grechy said:
Don't need him. Build the midfield and defence. Our forward line is fine.
Without Richo we wouldnt have won on Saturday night,our forward line is far from FINE. We need depth to cover injuries and Edwards is as good as Pettifer or Krakouer in the forward fifty,we've got nothin to lose giving this guy a chance,if we dont, others will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grechy said:
Don't need him. Build the midfield and defence. Our forward line is fine.

:thumbsu: exactly....he might be able to play but we need a backline.

Sounds like Justin Plapp all over again.

The days of small marking forwards are over. There are just far too many tall mobile backmen who might not have much talent, but who can outmark them or spoil.

They are probably more of a dying breed than the 170cm rover.

DyerBolical said:
Without Richo we wouldnt have won on Saturday night,our forward line is far from FINE. We need depth to cover injuries and Edwards is as good as Pettifer or Krakouer in the forward fifty,we've got nothin to lose giving this guy a chance,if we dont, others will.

He's nothing like the kind of player that Krak is and Id sreiously doubt he has the ability that pettifer has right now. It seems he's a bread and butter FF at 184cm in afl circles wouldnt cut it. Can he play HFF, from what Ive heard , the answer is NO...so simply a waste of a spot on list..we need another developing ruckman before another poor mans FF

the 88 goals says it all and he hasent even played every game this year for Frankston. He was delisted by the eagles because of a knee injury and prior to that was not given a go by West Coast for an unknow reason, maybe to young or maybe they thought they had a forward line back then i dont know.

If any of you guys have seen him play you will know that he is good and would be good enough for afl standard and who ever said a waste of a player on the list he would be miles in front of players like roach moore mcguane etc.

If he is their for the taking why not pick him up id rate the chances of success pretty highly if we did take him, he is just as good as petiffer i think and with a bit of coaching "could" even be better

If someone of you havent seen him play then dont post because you clearly have no idea of what this guy is capable of

The BRICKSTER said:
the 88 goals says it all and he hasent even played every game this year for Frankston. He was delisted by the eagles because of a knee injury and prior to that was not given a go by West Coast for an unknow reason, maybe to young or maybe they thought they had a forward line back then i dont know.

If any of you guys have seen him play you will know that he is good and would be good enough for afl standard and who ever said a waste of a player on the list he would be miles in front of players like roach moore mcguane etc.

If he is there for the taking why not pick him up id rate the chances of success pretty highly if we did take him, he is just as good as petiffer i think and with a bit of coaching "could" even be better

If someone of you havent seen him play then dont post because you clearly have no idea of what this guy is capable of

Who cares how good he is? Why take him in the year of the so called super draft. There are players who can dominate VFL and have no idea in the AFL . Not saying that Edwardes is this type of player but do we want to take the risk? Especially when we have more important things to worry about?

Our midfield is not quite up to scratch yet and our defence could do a helluva lot of work to it .We need some good depth in our midfield to replace the players who look doomed (Roach, Rodan).

Also Bowden should never get big roles, he's meant to be our "quarterback". We need the players to allow him to do this. Yes Thursfield possibly but still we need another, Ray Hall and Gaspar are almost gone.

We should concentrate on further developing Shulz and Hughes up forward. We already know he has potential at AFL level.

Bojangles17 said:
He's nothing like the kind of player that Krak is and Id sreiously doubt he has the ability that pettifer has right now. It seems he's a bread and butter FF at 184cm in afl circles wouldnt cut it. Can he play HFF, from what Ive heard , the answer is NO...so simply a waste of a spot on list..we need another developing ruckman before another poor mans FF
Thats right he's nothin like krak coz he gets his own ball, he doesnt have to rely on a forward bringing it to ground or cheap free kicks by droppin his head in tackles. And you seriously doubt he has the ability which really means you know nothin about him and are wafflin crap like you usually do. Proof of this is your words "from what you've heard", obviously you havent seen him. If you had you'd remember he kicked our arse this time last year.

Grechy said:
Who cares how good he is? Why take him in the year of the so called super draft. There are players who can dominate VFL and have no idea in the AFL . Not saying that Edwardes is this type of player but do we want to take the risk? Especially when we have more important things to worry about?

Our midfield is not quite up to scratch yet and our defence could do a helluva lot of work to it .We need some good depth in our midfield to replace the players who look doomed (Roach, Rodan).

Also Bowden should never get big roles, he's meant to be our "quarterback". We need the players to allow him to do this. Yes Thursfield possibly but still we need another, Ray Hall and Gaspar are almost gone.

We should concentrate on further developing Shulz and Hughes up forward. We already know he has potential at AFL level.
How many goals has Cleve kicked this year,maybe wait till he's kicked 188 goals .You need to kick this many to be up to AFL standard:rolleyes: Its not only about what we need, its about developing a list with taalent,its called depth. Edwards is better than all our young guys playing for Coburg.

DyerBolical said:
How many goals has Cleve kicked this year,maybe wait till he's kicked 188 goals .You need to kick this many to be up to AFL standard:rolleyes: Its not only about what we need, its about developing a list with taalent,its called depth. Edwards is better than all our young guys playing for Coburg.

exactly, yes everybody says this years draft is the super draft, do you all really believe that its the same every years thats about 10 good good players and another 10 which are average, hes better than all our young Coburg players and i believe better than some of our young and old senior players. Im not saying hes gona kick 50 + goals in his first season of afl but its pretty clear that he knowes where the goals are you dont kick 88 goals by chance....

the draft is over rated and edwards has proved himself to me and many others the he deserves a proper shot in the afl all im saying is that he probably would be a very good quality player

Weaver said:

correct me if im wrong but Sav has well over 500 goals in the AFL - id expect one of the most prolific full forwards to be able to kick goals in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back