List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope I'm one to say keep Davis, go back and look at his highlights, reminds me of Jones second game in defense back in the team.

Davis has strength (now), can play on the smalls like Pickett and has height to play on medium forwards. But most of all is quick and is already one of the best field kicks we have. He is not only pinpoint like Sholl but kicks the ball low and hard (unlike Sholl).

You needs players in the defensive 50 like Jones and Davis. Play Smith and Seeds on the wing/HF line.

Should be extended by 1 year. Delist is Lynch, Talia, O'Connor and ideally Mackay with Crouch more than likely gone. If Tex doesn't return it means the leaders are then Sloane, Laird, Smith, Seeds, Brown and Kelly with very little in between to the under 22's, you need some older heads, particularly indigenous older heads given recent events.

Leaving the squad potentially:
Gibbs (administration list member)
Stengle
Talia
Lynch
Walker (maybe)
Mackay (maybe)
Crouch (maybe)
O'Connor (likely)
We should really play our entire team in defence. It is much easier and they look much better there.

#RollsEyes
Yeah I'm sure the club would highlight a player they're about to cut
Ease up turbo - wasn't having a go at you. I can't listen to it and thought I missed something.

I'm hoping that the video is a sign he will debut this week. I have big hopes for him and so am very keen to see him signed. My concern is that every other player not signed yet is on the cut list. Why the hold up?

There's literally NO reason to have telegraphed that we're not going to offer them a contract. If Rory Atkins can get us Band 4 (End of Round 2) compensation on $400K per season, then surely Lynch would get us Band 5 at a minimum.

The alternative is everyone lies to the media for the next few weeks and it gets awkward. The media would probably right a story on how players are deserting a sinking ship. I like the fact we dealt with it early.

I am still a bit confused by the contract status of Borlase and Newchurch. Did Borlase get two years and Newchurch one?

I think it's one year looking at the rules unless it's changed since this was issued.

10.9 Retention of Rookie List Players (a) A Club may retain a Player on its Rookie List for a second season provided it nominates such Player or Players using Form 32, prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1(a) and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a second season.
(b) A Club may retain a Player on its Rookie List for a third season provided it nominates such Player or Players using Form 32 prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1(a) and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a third season. If a Player is retained under this Rule 10.9, any amount he is paid in excess of the 1st year third round draft selection Player payment will be included in the Club’s Total Player Payments.
(c) A Club may retain a Player included on a Club’s Rookie List under Rule 10.4(a)(i) and (ii) for a third season, using Form 32, provided it nominates such Player prior to advising the AFL of its Primary List under Rule 6.1 and such Player consents to being nominated on the Rookie List for a third season.

I'm fairly sure that initial rookie contracts are only 12 months. After that you can re-sign them for multiple years, but we haven't had any re-signing announcements concerning Borlase.

However, Cat B rookies may be different. I'm fairly sure that Greenwood & Keath were both given multi-year contracts when they signed, as were the code hopping Folau & Hunt, when they joined GWS & GC. These players were all signed (pre-listed) under rule 10.5a, as players who had not been registered with an AFL for 3 years. In contrast, Borlase & Newchurch were both NGA players, who were playing in an AFL competition the year they were drafted.

Clubs are normally only allowed to leave players on the rookie list for 3 years, after which they need to be upgraded (to the senior list) or delisted. For 2022, the AFL is allowing clubs to leave players on the rookie list for a 4th year. This affects Butts & Strachan, who are both currently in their 3rd year on the rookie list.

Tend to agree.

On Davis - despite the raving about him from yesterday, he got pretty poor numbers. I'm happy to delist and not give it a second thought.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He just does not have the physicality for the game at this level. He looks good when he gets the ball. Its when he does not have it that is the issue

Clearly you haven't been watching SANFL then.
I've watched nearly every game the last two years.

Davis, when he's played, has been mostly okay. If he was playing for another SANFL team, no one would be clamoring to draft him. He's never demanded a place in the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched nearly every game the last two years.

Davis, when he's played, has been mostly okay. If he was playing for another SANFL team, no one would be clamoring to draft him. He's never demanded a place in the side.
Not true at all, his first full season (following coming to us injured) he did enough to make many think he was a ready made Lynch replacement. The problem was, we played Tommy even when he had no legs. He's done pretty well down back this year, and has shown he's far from out of place across half back at AFL level.

People saying he's been on the list 5 years... It's basically 3 because of injuries, two of which during a regime which had the mantra of continuity. We have bugger all talent in his age bracket and personally I'd be trading Smith happy in the knowledge that we had a couple of running half backs with good foot skills to cover Smiths position.

Smiths trade value far exceeds the value of delisting Davis.

In about 50% of the SANFL games I watched, Davis was bordering on invisible or would only contribute for one quarter at most.

Most of those games were him as a forward, he's looked much better down back this year but I would hardly call him a standout

In about 50% of the SANFL games I watched, Davis was bordering on invisible or would only contribute for one quarter at most.

Most of those games were him as a forward, he's looked much better down back this year but I would hardly call him a standout
Yep.. i’ve watched nearly every game for the past two/three seasons…

davis hasnt done anything other than the odd (every 3 or 4 games) brilliant thing or two..

liked his game on the weekend but still hasnt swayed me into thinking hes all of a sudden worth re-signing.

Yep, shown glimpses and some real promising cameos but just goes missing way to often.

There is a player hidden away in there but it's time to move on.

These are the only players left on AFL lists from the 2006 draft

Joel Selwood
Travis Boak
Jack Riewoldt
James Frawley
Shane Edwards
Todd Goldstein
Tom Hawkins
Josh Kennedy (Sydney)
Bachar Houli
Robbie Gray
Tyson Goldsack
Jarrod Harbrow
Jarryn Geary
David Mackay

Wonder how many retire this year?

I wouldn't go quite that far, I think both have already shown enough to suggest a club might fancy going after them instead of using a late pick in the draft on a kid with less exposed form.

Remember early in the yeat Parnell was absolutely lighting up the NAB League against all the Victorian kids in this draft.

They're not exactly common moves for what were two low draft picks in a bottom 4 team. Especially as neither are KP/Rucks. That said, it'd be a baffling move to not offer either a 2-year deal on our end.

If they were first rounders, it's a different story, and we would near certainly be losing said player in the offseason.

They're not exactly common moves for what were two low draft picks in a bottom 4 team. Especially as neither are KP/Rucks. That said, it'd be a baffling move to not offer either a 2-year deal on our end.

If they were first rounders, it's a different story, and we would near certainly be losing said player in the offseason.
Where would Parnell have gone in this year's draft?

I'd suggest if he'd continued his early Nab League form he'd have been firmly in 2nd round discussions with his speed, agility and laser like kicking.

Hence we were keen to grab him while we could for no draft collateral.

I think we should be very concerned if Mackay doesn't announce his retirement in next day or so as it scares me to think he will get another rookie year as a player 3 years older than Talia and Lynch and not even half the player.
It won't happen this week

He and the club will be hoping that after trade week and all the comings and goings of the post-season occur there will be space for him to squeeze onto the list

They can't commit or cut him yet.

CBAs from this week
28 centre bounces

PlayerFantasyTOGCBACBA%
Clayton Oliver10288%2589%
Max Gawn9778%1968%
Christian Petracca11784%1864%
James Harmes7075%1761%
Tom Sparrow6469%1450%
Luke Jackson8469%932%
James Jordon6773%414%
Angus Brayshaw2376%311%
Alex Neal-Bullen5574%27%
Kysaiah Pickett7186%14%

PlayerFantasyTOGCBACBA%
Kieran Strachan7388%2693%
Rory Sloane12085%2589%
Ben Keays11481%2382%
Rory Laird10176%2071%
Harry Schoenberg5562%1657%
Riley Thilthorpe6481%27%

Cale Hooker announcing his retirement from Don's. That door still open for Talia?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Back