Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you bothered to read the actual quotes in that article? Jackson didn’t even go on the camp. The Edwards family are pissed off at the Crows for other reasons, mainly because they think nominating Jackson FS before the draft impacted on him being scouted by other clubs. In reality, he couldn’t get a game in the VFL and has now come back to Glenelg to try and crack it in the SANFL.

Read the quote from his manager in the article, not the headline.
“It is known the Edwards family was concerned with aspects of the post-2017 season Crows camp, which was attended by Luke’s older brother Jackson and which was the cause of major fallout and a breakdown of trust between the playing group and club staff.”

“It is known the Edwards family was concerned with aspects of the post-2017 season Crows camp, which was attended by Luke’s older brother Jackson and which was the cause of major fallout and a breakdown of trust between the playing group and club staff.”
I know what the article said, did you read the actual quotes? He may have gone to the GC for the camp, but the aspect that has made headlines wasn’t attended by all players.

I know what the article said, did you read the actual quotes? He may have gone to the GC for the camp, but the aspect that has made headlines wasn’t attended by all players.

Literally in the face of overwhelming evidence you continue to tell us that these players don’t have an issue with the camp.

the gymnastics required boggle my mind.

Literally in the face of overwhelming evidence you continue to tell us that these players don’t have an issue with the camp.

the gymnastics required boggle my mind.
What has got you so fired up?! I have no idea how they felt in the immediate period afterwards, but 2 years down the track and with the responsible people gone, I can guarantee players don’t have an issue anymore. I just wanted to share what I heard about a couple of things they had to do on the camp for interests sake, given how much crap has been sprouted about it in the media.

I’d say whatever happens with Coronavirus is on the mind of players atm rather than a camp everyone has moved on from.

I can guarantee players don’t have an issue anymore
No you can't.
rather than a camp everyone has moved on from
Obviously not everyone has.

So you spoke to one player, and therefore know everything that happened and from everyone's perspective how they all feel about it?

Even if that one player could somehow magically know every single thought that everyone there had about it, what do you expect them to say?

"Nah mate it was completely f**ked, blokes hated it".

Surely even Adelaide supporters aren't truly that naive.

No you can't.

Obviously not everyone has.

So you spoke to one player, and therefore know everything that happened and from everyone's perspective how they all feel about it?

Even if that one player could somehow magically know every single thought that everyone there had about it, what do you expect them to say?

"Nah mate it was completely f**ked, blokes hated it".

Surely even Adelaide supporters aren't truly that naive.
Do people want the Crows to shut their doors or something? I’m not sure why a camp their club wasn’t involved with is so concerning for them. The responsible people are gone and there has been a player clean out, why can’t our club just be allowed to move on?

Lol

no one is saying crows should close their doors.

you came here and made some claims

people have pointed out why your claims are bullshit.
Huh? No one called out my post for being bs until you decided to enter. I’ve posted what I heard directly from a player. If you didn’t attack me in your first reply I would’ve let this go. You responded to something I posted a couple of weeks ago.

Do people want the Crows to shut their doors or something? I’m not sure why a camp their club wasn’t involved with is so concerning for them. The responsible people are gone and there has been a player clean out, why can’t our club just be allowed to move on?
Pretty much what philthy said, what you are saying is either BS or incredibly naive at best. I don't care what your club does now, just stop trying to rewrite history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? No one called out my post for being bs until you decided to enter. I’ve posted what I heard directly from a player. If you didn’t attack me in your first reply I would’ve let this go. You responded to something I posted a couple of weeks ago.

I’m not the only one that has addressed your claims.

also the furthest post I responded to, the original post that kickstarted this discussion was from this Saturday. So not “weeks” ago, although I’m unsure why that would matter.

Pretty much what philthy said, what you are saying is either BS or incredibly naive at best. I don't care what your club does now, just stop trying to rewrite history
Naive? Haha, I didn’t realise believing info from a direct source was being naive, should I listen to the media at all times instead?

Naive? Haha, I didn’t realise believing info from a direct source was being naive, should I listen to the media at all times instead?
Maybe I should put it in terms that are easier for you to understand then, since you are clearly struggling with the concept.

So when Hird said that the Bombers did nothing wrong, him being a direct source and all, you believed that yeah?

Or when Betts, CEY, Hampton etc etc all said that they have issues with the camp and how it was handled, they are direct sources so you have to believe them too right? Oh no hang on, that doesn't fit your narrative so they must be lying or those quotes were made up by the media.

Again, mate you are either absolutely full of it or pulling the wool over your own eyes.

Maybe I should put it in terms that are easier for you to understand then, since you are clearly struggling with the concept.

So when Hird said that the Bombers did nothing wrong, him being a direct source and all, you believed that yeah?

Or when Betts, CEY, Hampton etc etc all said that they have issues with the camp and how it was handled, they are direct sources so you have to believe them too right? Oh no hang on, that doesn't fit your narrative so they must be lying or those quotes were made up by the media.

Again, mate you are either absolutely full of it or pulling the wool over your own eyes.
I never said any of those 3 lied (and yes, they are the only sources, no need for etc), please find me those exact words otherwise stop peddling that rubbish.

The camp was ****ed up, I’ve said that many times and said that when I posted what the player told me about it. I simply said that with those responsible gone, the players can finally move on properly, the club was toxic with Burton and Pyke still there. While the players had moved on from what happened on the camp, they couldn’t look Burton especially in the face and until he left, the club was in a massive mess.

Even the most pessimistic and negative posters on the Crows board have mostly moved on from the camp (all of us still want Chapman gone too).

I never said any of those 3 lied (and yes, they are the only sources, no need for etc), please find me those exact words otherwise stop peddling that rubbish.

The camp was f’ed up, I’ve said that many times and said that when I posted what the player told me about it. I simply said that with those responsible gone, the players can finally move on properly, the club was toxic with Burton and Pyke still there. While the players had moved on from what happened on the camp, they couldn’t look Burton especially in the face and until he left, the club was in a massive mess.

Even the most pessimistic and negative posters on the Crows board have mostly moved on from the camp (all of us still want Chapman gone too).
You may not have said that they lied, but when you are stating what you heard as fact and it directly goes against what they said, then someone is lying. And I'm not trawling through all the articles with direct quotes from ex-players to show you you're misrepresenting this.

As for the bolded, if there were no lingering effects then why is it finally move on? Wouldn't they have already moved on straight away?
Outside of Eddie, none of them had lingering effects from the camp.
But you just said that Betts, Hampton and CEY were the only ones? Directly contradicts this quote from you.

The only lingering effects were having to see Burton at the club for the next 2 years, that’s what pissed off players. He should’ve been sacked as soon as this came out mid 2018, that’s the biggest mistake the club made.
The only lingering effects? But what about Eddie, as you mentioned above?

2 years down the track and with the responsible people gone, I can guarantee players don’t have an issue anymore
Again, make up your mind mate.

If you really don't care about it, why are you still here trying to defend it and say there were no issues afterwards? Most people here don't care that much either way, it is just irritating to see people trying to rewrite history. A lot of Essendon fans were the same for years, as were a lot of Carlton fans after the salary cap stuff. Accept they fked up and it hurt people, and it still hurts some people, and move on.

He was the CEO at the time of the camp- you don't think he has some responsibility?
It’s widely accepted on the Adelaide board through reliable posters with decent sources that Fagan does very little with the footy side of the club. He has some responsibility being CEO at the time, but Chapman and Roo ticked off on Burton’s appointment and I assume ticked off on the camp. Fagan at least redeemed himself by pushing for the review last season, which the rest of the admin weren’t keen on until public pressure became too much.

You may not have said that they lied, but when you are stating what you heard as fact and it directly goes against what they said, then someone is lying. And I'm not trawling through all the articles with direct quotes from ex-players to show you you're misrepresenting this.

As for the bolded, if there were no lingering effects then why is it finally move on? Wouldn't they have already moved on straight away?

But you just said that Betts, Hampton and CEY were the only ones? Directly contradicts this quote from you.

The only lingering effects? But what about Eddie, as you mentioned above?

Again, make up your mind mate.

If you really don't care about it, why are you still here trying to defend it and say there were no issues afterwards? Most people here don't care that much either way, it is just irritating to see people trying to rewrite history. A lot of Essendon fans were the same for years, as were a lot of Carlton fans after the salary cap stuff. Accept they fked up and it hurt people, and it still hurts some people, and move on.
I really can’t be bothered with most of this post, but if you can’t be bothered to do any research about which players have made negative comments on the camp, then this discussion is absolutely pointless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Adelaide Crows camp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back