Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion.

I think it’s almost there, the basic shape of the crow is fine. They’ve just butchered the area around the wing trying to integrate the red and yellow.

This is a crude edit but I think it looks miles better with the wing simplified like this.

View attachment 2123229
Just quoting to say - I REALLY like this.

It's a sensible and striking version of what they're going for and not delivering on.

Last edited:
I just had a look at all 18 club logos:

1. The GC logo is hilariously bad. It hard to understand how that logo and the graphic design profession can both exist.

2. The logo Kornes floated, even after the worthy revisions floated on here, is the next worst.

3. Almost all club logos are between bad and blandly acceptable.

4. GWS is the best (imo)

5. It looks like most clubs are caught between pleasing kids (who like cartoons) and adults (who apparently like traditional designs from the 80s and before). Most settle for blandness.

6. It’s amazing (or not amazing?) how all the new powerful computer design tools seem to have made things worse.

Pardon the intrusion.

I think it’s almost there, the basic shape of the crow is fine. They’ve just butchered the area around the wing trying to integrate the red and yellow.

This is a crude edit but I think it looks miles better with the wing simplified like this.

View attachment 2123229

I don't mind this but there's something about it that reminds me of logos from the 1970s and 1980s

1. The GC logo is hilariously bad. It hard to understand how that logo and the graphic design profession can both exist.

2. The logo Kornes floated, even after the worthy revisions floated on here, is the next worst.

4. GWS is the best (imo)

5. It looks like most clubs are caught between pleasing kids (who like cartoons) and adults (who apparently like traditional designs from the 80s and before). Most settle for blandness.

6. It’s amazing (or not amazing?) how all the new powerful computer design tools seem to have made things worse.

I think the West Coast Eagles logo is probably the best

1727400686050.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4. GWS is the best (imo)

Decent take. Footy logos in general are just kind of shit for teams with animals.

The hawks are passable. The Eagles have always had decent ones. The rest are all ordinary.

Yes if you were drawing a picture of a crow.
No other afl logos and I will presume sport wide use the main colour that’s not part of the club colours.
It’s not exactly the same but the Rabbitohs have a thing with a black rabbit instead of a white one.

Also, it’s a rabbit, an unthreatening not angry looking rabbit, and it’s great. There’s no need to make a football team logo look aggressive and hardcore.

I'm yet to see a design from anyone here or elsewhere that is better than the proposed logo. You lot will always find something to complain about and will probably accuse Nicks of designing it.

That's a good idea. If we can link Nicks to the logo maybe we can get more fans on board to sack him

There is an interesting psychological component to logos. Like if you were to win a flag, any logo, even a bad one, could become good by association. Kind of like how Billy Frampton's GF performance became good in Richo's eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

Back