Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it needs the coloured wings.
What would it look like without them? Maybe add a red stroke either inside or outside the yellow outline?
I think you can get away with the red/yellow in the "Adelaide Crows" bit and just leave the blue Crow.

At worst you do the faint red/yellow outline like on the Gather Round crow. Or just use that and it's easy job done.

Just love to see the graphic design wank story to explain the concepts.

For anyone that's ever worked with graphic designers, you know what i'm talking about.

"The angling of the crow wings represents the animal in it's landing motions, signifying the Adelaide Football Club Team aggressively coming in to perch on the opposition, an imposing spectacle when viewed from below".

"The size 10 spanner claws showcase the bird poised to undo the fasteners of the opposition team and the competition, with the rigidity of the angled design promoting strength and security".
Nah this is the talk of the creative director and account mgr, the designers are usually sighing at this part as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just had a look at all 18 club logos:

1. The GC logo is hilariously bad. It hard to understand how that logo and the graphic design profession can both exist.

2. The logo Kornes floated, even after the worthy revisions floated on here, is the next worst.

3. Almost all club logos are between bad and blandly acceptable.

4. GWS is the best (imo)

5. It looks like most clubs are caught between pleasing kids (who like cartoons) and adults (who apparently like traditional designs from the 80s and before). Most settle for blandness.

6. It’s amazing (or not amazing?) how all the new powerful computer design tools seem to have made things worse.
Opinions and all that ...

logos.png

I agree that Suns is a weak design - but it's not much worse than ours imo. I mean look at the text for starters.

We clearly have the worst bird logo, at least I can recognise the other birds in Eagles, West Coast, Magpies - Swans is bad but it's leaning into other things beyond the bird.

A lot of solid logos in there though.

The best modern logo is clearly:

Tasmania_Devils.png

Every time a logo comes out everyone jumps on AI and makes these terrible looking video game-esque "create a team" type logos, surely people don't actually think they look good do they?
These people aren't artists, and you can tell.

Can we please just do one where the crow is front on, with wings spread, like all those various logos we've suggested over the years?

You know, the ones people like.
No, because those don’t scale well. For a club logo you need something that will roughly fit within a square with as little blank/white space as possible. Refer to baldandbroke post above for reference.

That’s nothing to do with my thoughts of the new logo though, but there’s a huge difference between a “cool graphic” and a logo that has to work small, big, legible on something as small as the header of the AFL website to as big as a sign while driving past, hopefully, a new training facility at 60kmh or whatever, one colour, two colours, on black on white.
This! Of course some crunchy, stylised AI image is going to “wow” more than a logo (has anyone seen the Nike swoosh???) but they would never work on a variety of backgrounds or applications (good luck stitching ‘cool action crow blue red navy very excite’ onto a hat)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Adelaide Crows New Logo Discussion

Back