Dujon11

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays
First let me say this is not sour grapes, Centrals were too good - Congrats boys, hope we meet again in 2 weeks time.

Ive been going to SANFL footy for many, many years and have never seen anything close to what happened yesterday at the footy, at a SANFL game. In the 3rd quarter on the hill, a MASSIVE fight broke out between 2 groups of Centrals supporters. One bloke got pummelled by a group of blokes, another bloke was kicking the sh$t out of him, literally. This lasted for at least 5 minutes and security never came. Disgraceful.

I dont want to whinge and complain, but surely Adelaide Oval security was under staffed? eg the pitch invaders where 1 bloke wanted to crack on with the lone WESLO officer?

I must be getting old/Glenelg fan, or is it that Centrals bring a different calibre of fan to the footy these days?

Firstly, hallelujah!!!! a Glenelg/Sturt fan gracious in defeat! Secondly, this is a minority being shown as a majority. For example, the ABC chooses to show the CDFC fans letting off a flair rather than showing the remaining 5000 that are just waving a flag!!! and they wont even show Brant Chambers 100th goal fo more than 2 seconds!!!! Don't judge books by their covers....

... And when I travelled to the Alberton oval, I saw a guy break a nose, harass approximately half of the oval's opposition supporters (pouring beer over people) and i know that not all port supporters are like that. You would say that they were Centrals supporters even if they were wearing a red, white or blue T-shirt!!!! DONT STEREOTYPE

... And when I travelled to the Alberton oval, I saw a guy break a nose, harass approximately half of the oval's opposition supporters (pouring beer over people) and i know that not all port supporters are like that. You would say that they were Centrals supporters even if they were wearing a red, white or blue T-shirt!!!! DONT STEREOTYPE

I havent.

What I will say is that I have never seen a fight like yesterdays between "fans" from the same team. Elizabeth is a low socio-economic area - fact.

Glenelg fans only turn up when they're winning - fact, and your also presuming that were all from elizabeth, were not - fact, approximately 40% are from Elizabeth while most of the rest are from the Barossa, Gawler, Adelaide plains, North East and other Northern suburbs
I'm sorry, but no one can brand us as elizabethian thugs

Glenelg fans only turn up when they're winning - fact, and your also presuming that were all from elizabeth, were not - fact, approximately 40% are from Elizabeth while most of the rest are from the Barossa, Gawler, Adelaide plains, North East and other Northern suburbs

Nice stat champ where did you pull that? From the top of your head me thinks.

All sides have their bad supporters, yours are just ten times worse then everyone else.

Good football team, great supporters apart from the minority who give you all a bad name.

It's a bit like the two Norwood fans at Deadleg Park a couple of years ago on a friday night belting the living suitcase out of each other, Centrals fans (including me) watching them flail about on Coopers hill.

Next day in the paper Centrals fans are uncontrollable and casuing public disturances.

Or the North - Centrals game last year at Adelaide oval and the North Fans next to the scoreboard - again blamed on Centrals.

not saying the OP's story aint true. I am saying theres a % of knucklehead fans in every club.

I live nowhere near Elizabeth. Nor do the guys I go with week in, week out.

Alot of CDFC fans go for them due to having a British background.

And yeah, alot of the Barossa Valley fans have more mullah than most the 'rich fans' of the other clubs would have put together.

I don't want to stereotype centrals supporters because that has been done many times before. I was there yesterday as a neutral supporter sitting with my mates who both followed centrals and glenelg amongst the group.
I love SANFL footy cause the crowd is IMO more passionaite then AFL, we were all enjoying a few beers and too much sun and saw all the fighting between centrals supporters. As well as a few spot fires erupting on the way out of the. it was a poor end to an awesome day as there was just a few idiots that spoiled it for all centrals supporters and gives them a bad name.
have to be honest the people that were most upset about the fighting was other centrals supporters who no doubt have to put up with this every week just for supporting a quality side.

I'm just saying, judge the individuals not the supporter base because that is not fair.

A question to CDFClad and other Centrals supporters here:

Have you or the people you go to games with ever been personally involved in a fight at an SANFL game?

I know I haven't.

Sadly my mate had his car panels kicked in after a GF once, we can only think it was because his friend had left a Doggies scarf in the car. My mate, the car owner, is a Norwood supporter!

A question to CDFClad and other Centrals supporters here:

Have you or the people you go to games with ever been personally involved in a fight at an SANFL game?

I know I haven't.

Sadly my mate had his car panels kicked in after a GF once, we can only think it was because his friend had left a Doggies scarf in the car. My mate, the car owner, is a Norwood supporter!

No I havent either. At SANFL or AFL. Always read stories on here saying they wont come to AAMI or Elizabeth because they fear for their safety. Thats bullshit. Reckon I have seen one (minor) fight in my 15 years of going to footy barracking for AFC or CDFC. :rolleyes: Infact even when I have been to Port Power games I dont see it.

Sure you will cop a bit of stirring as an opposition suppoirter, but if you choose not to wind up the majoirty, you'll find you have a great time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an Eagles Fan .in the past i have seen Port Magpie fans fight Power fans at Alberton oval after losing to the Eagles .
Its not just all Centrals fans .there are problems with norwood /sturt/port magpies/ every team has problem fans .

I don't mean to be rude but when did you lot start going to the football?
I joined the North Cheer Squad in the mid 70's (stopped going in the mid 90's when I moved to Vic) and I can tell you horror stories about every club's supporters and every SANFL ground. This sort of stuff is nothing new unfortunately.

Worst fight I saw was seeing a 65-70 year old man get wrestled to the ground by a bloke probably 2 foot taller and 60 kilos heavier and then get kicked in the face. hard.

Worst thing ive ever seen at a football game...probably one of the worst things ive seen ever as well.

Dujon, surely you are kidding... there have been fights at the football since Jesus played centre for Nazareth.

When i was 16 i went to Glenelg oval to watch the Dogs with a mate of mine. The dogs supporter in front of us was giving the GFC cheersquad some lip, and my mate (bays supporter), copped a half full can in the back of the head.

When i was 9, i went to Alberton Oval, was in the outer, said 'Come on Centrals' and an old lady hit me with her brolly... i was 9 FFS. I still hate port, wish they went broke a few years back.

Quite a few years back I remember being at an under 19s final at North Adelaide. The West Adelaide full back told his mates behind the goals to go beat up the Port supporters behind the goals giving him a hard time. They went and started beating up this group of guys. Probably the worst thing I've seen at any SANFL game and I've been to quite a lot over the last few years.

Dujon, surely you are kidding... there have been fights at the football since Jesus played centre for Nazareth.

When i was 16 i went to Glenelg oval to watch the Dogs with a mate of mine. The dogs supporter in front of us was giving the GFC cheersquad some lip, and my mate (bays supporter), copped a half full can in the back of the head.

When i was 9, i went to Alberton Oval, was in the outer, said 'Come on Centrals' and an old lady hit me with her brolly... i was 9 FFS. I still hate port, wish they went broke a few years back.

Indeed there have and obviously wasnt the first fight ive witnessed at the footy. But when you see a bloke on the ground and then a a fellow supporter of his, a 120+kg guy swing the boot into his head it makes you wonder. The bloke didnt even get kicked out, he stayed until the end.

Balls.

2007- I was wearing a North guernsey with my mates, we hopped on the bandwagon as we have a friend who has followed the ***** since he was born.

We sat in the members area for 3/4 of the game. But in the last we decieded to sit in the Northern Grand Stand.

We put our jumpers over the guersneys. When we walked past the supporters behind the goals, they were talking about beating up North supporters, I thought they were kidding (it reeked of herb too).

The game was almost finished, we wanted to leave. We walked to the bar, North supporters leaving, Centrals supporters at the bar. Started punching the North supporters in the back of the head as they walked past.

Ferals.

2002 I was there also. Was a youngin with the mates. Massive fight broke out between these Centrals fans. was nasty.

Sure every club has feral fans, but Centrals have them ten times worse.

FFS even on saturday they were abusing anyone who wasnt a bogan 'HAHA your wearing socks, ******'.

I don't mean to be rude but when did you lot start going to the football?
I joined the North Cheer Squad in the mid 70's (stopped going in the mid 90's when I moved to Vic) and I can tell you horror stories about every club's supporters and every SANFL ground. This sort of stuff is nothing new unfortunately.
I liked Don Lindner.. he had a brother that played also... was it Theo? gee this is going back now:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval Fight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back