Angry Dragon

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2003
Sans Souci
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
St George
Now Adelaide is a traditional football state, however with their stagnant population, lack of employment and high crime rate. Is it a good place for two teams?

Perth has two teams and no plans for a third, yet Adelaideans call for ANOTHER team. Why? They will not be able to support two in the future. Perth's population is expected to double with no thought for an extra team, so how the hell can Adelaide support two or even three?

Adelaide is a crappy little hell hole with no future. The way the Crows are heading is a good sign of the way the city is going.

Discuss.

for this thread to get anywhere i reccomend you make that an order. in fact, i order you make that an order.

There's not room for a third team, but I'd say we're OK with two teams for the next 20 years pretty easily. Feel free to re-discuss the issue then.

After all, its not like we're having any trouble supplying AFL standard footballers, is it?

Originally posted by FuManchu
Is there a chance Port could supply AFL standard finals crowds?
They are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is that idiot thread board that we all know we need so badly. Seriously, SA is a footy mad State and can easily sustain 2 teams. If you want two equal teams then it was all gone about the wrong way but why the hell does it all have to be equal anyway?

Originally posted by FuManchu
yeah, massive
I didn't realise that massive crowds were AFL standard.

Originally posted by MarkT
Where is that idiot thread board that we all know we need so badly. Seriously, SA is a footy mad State and can easily sustain 2 teams. If you want two equal teams then it was all gone about the wrong way but why the hell does it all have to be equal anyway?

So each chip doesn't feel neglected

Adelaide is alright to support 2 teams. 3 teams is just a stupid idea. I love the city and living in Adelaide but its not going to expand anytime soon. The idea of a third AFL team from Adelaide is a joke.

Home Port Adelaide Crowds 2004:

Rd1 Vs Essendon: 28,413

Rd3 Vs Hawthorn: 27,421

Rd5 Vs Bulldogs: 26,839

Rd6 Vs Collingwood: 31,174

Rd7 Vs Adelaide: 43,243 (showdown.... poor turnout)

Rd9 Vs Richmond: 25,761

Rd10 Vs Geelong: 29,177

Total as at Rd 11 2004: 204,201
Average for Season 2004: 29,171

Those crowds are extremely poor IMO... very poor indeed, for a 2 team town......... questions need to be asked...
Crowds and stats provided from PAFC

Originally posted by NorthBoi96
Home Port Adelaide Crowds 2004:

Rd1 Vs Essendon: 28,413

Rd3 Vs Hawthorn: 27,421

Rd5 Vs Bulldogs: 26,839

Rd6 Vs Collingwood: 31,174

Rd7 Vs Adelaide: 43,243 (showdown.... poor turnout)

Rd9 Vs Richmond: 25,761

Rd10 Vs Geelong: 29,177

Total as at Rd 11 2004: 204,201
Average for Season 2004: 29,171

Those crowds are extremely poor IMO... very poor indeed, for a 2 team town......... questions need to be asked...
Crowds and stats provided from PAFC

Questions are being asked ... clashes with crows games, TV start times too close to game start times, some ordinary opposition, and the crows game was our home game, they were the ones who wouldn't buy tickets or turn up in the members. There may even be a "Williams Factor" altho I'd only be guessing. But the crowd figures have been disappointing.

Port get there fair share of the airwaves on Ch9 Sunday at Aami,(televised at 1pm live into Melbourne) when they play at home, and there is nothing worse than seeing a football game with large amounts of empty seats.....

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane
Questions are being asked ... clashes with crows games, TV start times too close to game start times, some ordinary opposition, and the crows game was our home game, they were the ones who wouldn't buy tickets or turn up in the members. There may even be a "Williams Factor" altho I'd only be guessing. But the crowd figures have been disappointing.

So what you're telling us is that Port don't have enough supporters and that they rely on the theatre goers and bored Crows supporters to have decent crowd numbers? Pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide: Too Small for Two Teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back