Adelaide v Fremantle - Semi-FInal - 8:15PM - LIVE CHAT at 8:00

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll have to agree to disagree. I find it hateful.

They're not going to get anyone as good as Pav, Sandi or McPharlin. Duh indeed.

Don't need to. Depth, luck and timing wins flags. Bottom 6 pretty much as important as your best 6.

We'll see what happens over the next couple years.

To you and others questioning my post, we weren't a better side than Adelaide earlier in the year, but the improvement has been rapid towards the end. If we played on a neutral ground with equal rest/travel, we would win.

You only won because it was on your home soil and we had back to back travel, and you deserved that advantage for being better over the year as a whole. Good luck next week, you'll need it.

If you couldn't see how spent our players were from midway through the 2nd quarter, then you are blind.

That was a factor in Adelaide's comeback, certainly, but Adelaide's poor kicking for goal was just as much a factor in Freo getting ahead in the first place. Freo smashed Adelaide in the ruck and clearances, yet Adelaide still won. Any win coming from 29 points behind is a good win, especially in a final.

You'll know better next time.

Freo compounded like I said they would when Adelaide put the pressure on.

Better luck next time.

No disagreement there. But you seriously think that beating Geelong in Melbourne against the odds means a side is crap? I think the trauma of the 186 may have scrambled your reasoning ability.

Poor crowd...was there actually something else more interesting on in Adelaide tonight? Must have been the annual Adelaide City book club meet, main topic of discussion - Loyalty and Commitment.

I suppose a number of people would have felt that Adelaide didn't deserve support this week after a poor effort last week. People will be prepared to support a team that tries hard yet loses often but they will be a bit fickle if they think a team is not giving a fair dinkum effort.

Depth, luck and timing are all important, but name me a premiership side without a champion in it.

a) Obviously can't. Doesn't happen.
b) Futures not written yet. Wheres say a Fyfe gonna be when he learns how to not turn over the ball all the time? Whos in the wings? Whos not even there yet?
c) Not sure where I said they were gonna win a flag anyway? 'On the right track' = contention = Prelims or better

I'm all for the umps putting the whistle away... so long as they are consistent. But for Mzungu not to get a free kick in front of goals when he was being molested across the head from behind is a disgrace, especially when Walker got a pissy free kick moments before against Silvagni. Having said all that, Adelaide deserve credit for the fortitude they showed.

I'm all for the umps putting the whistle away... so long as they are consistent. But for Mzungu not to get a free kick in front of goals when he was being molested across the head from behind is a disgrace, especially when Walker got a pissy free kick moments before against Silvagni. Having said all that, Adelaide deserve credit for the fortitude they showed.

Freo got a few gimmes in the first quarter- their second goal from Mayne from memory was incredibly soft. Freo had it best early on then it was pretty even in the middle and later on Adelaide got the benefit from the umpires. Don't think it effected the result.

the afl needs to pressure channel 7 into a genuine fan survey on the telecast at seasons end as its just getting worse. whoever is the director should be sacked on the spot. they've had all year to improve yet they are worse which i really didnt think was possible.

Sanderson hasnt been heralded enough IMO, he completely pulled Freo apart, there was a clear instruction to chip short and methodically massage Fremantle's players out of position.

Was ballsy.

Freo got a few gimmes in the first quarter- their second goal from Mayne from memory was incredibly soft. Freo had it best early on then it was pretty even in the middle and later on Adelaide got the benefit from the umpires. Don't think it effected the result.

Those two decisions I highlighted crushed Freo imo. Despite what people say, last qtr frees and oversights are far more damaging. The one with Mzungu is unforgivable as the ump was not impeded in his vision. He had the perfect view but couldn't bring himself to blow the whistle. Mind-bogglinly bad miss. Freo would've been within a kick if Mzungu was able to slot it. And I agree that Mayne got a very suspect head-high free early, but let's face it, it was hardly a defining decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done and congratulations to Adelaide. Simply an awesome midfield with Thompson, Danderfield and Sloane plus Walker is great up forward. Thought you'd be in a lot of trouble losing your two key backs in Bock and Davis but have more than covered for them.

Hope next week is a good game but I get the feeling that whoever won tonight was always going to be lambs to the slaughter next week.

In a plug for my own team how good were Mundy and Walters.

Sanderson hasnt been heralded enough IMO, he completely pulled Freo apart, there was a clear instruction to chip short and methodically massage Fremantle's players out of position.

Was ballsy.

Kind of true. The reason it worked is our players were too tired to employ Lyon's shut down tactics effectively. We had been able to strangle teams coming out of the backline, even if they were just chipping it around and trying to find space. Eventually the space would be closed down and there would be no free targets. On this occasion, it was not to be. There seemed to be free Adelaide players all over the ground and at contests, it was obvious that our players were fatigued. I'm surprised they hung in there as long as they did.

It's pretty simple. Freo are now a better side than Adelaide, but the travel/fatigue was too much to overcome. It was painstakingly obvious. Play well for 1 and half quarters, then run out of legs badly. Even so, would have still won with McPharlin. But Adelaide deserve the advantages for finishing 2nd.

Hawthorn will obliterate Adelaide next week.

Pathetic sour grapes post from a sore loser. You were missing McPharlin, we were missing rising star winner Talia, and our centre half back Sam Shaw went off with a hamstring in the first quarter. And we still won.

Guess what. The scoreboard says that Freo ARE NOT A BETTER SIDE THAN ADELAIDE.

ADELAIDE won the game.

Fremantle lost.

Bye bye for another year sore loser. :)

Absolutely hilarious reading the 'tired' excuses after there is a 10+ page thread on the Fremantle board saying how they were just going to "smash Adelaide" this week, yet now they lost, they were just too tired.

Absolutely hilarious reading the 'tired' excuses after there is a 10+ page thread on the Fremantle board saying how they were just going to "smash Adelaide" this week, yet now they lost, they were just too tired.

Just to clarify, that was the infamous Memories who created that thread and everyone hunted him down for it. Nobody actually thought we'd smash Adelaide, and if we were to win, it would've been a tough, close win.

Good win for you guys and good luck next week.

Pathetic sour grapes post from a sore loser. You were missing McPharlin, we were missing rising star winner Talia, and our centre half back Sam Shaw went off with a hamstring in the first quarter. And we still won.

ADELAIDE won the game.

Fremantle lost.

Don't compare the best defender in the comp to a couple of youngsters, one of whom you were probably better off without.

Did you read that 10+ page thread properly? It was basically ONE supporter who made the thread, with nobody agreeing with him. I think that thread even turned into a discussion on the laws of physics and how fast commercial airliners can fly, that's how serious it was.

I couldn't care less what the scoreboard says in terms of evaluating how good each side actually is. Are Brisbane a better side than Adelaide because they beat you? Adelaide were a better side on the night, I can't argue with that. But the reality is that was due to travel/fatigue, factors which I said Adelaide deserved to have in their favour for finishing higher on the ladder.

But whatever, we lost this week, and you will lose next week.

Just to clarify, that was the infamous Memories who created that thread and everyone hunted him down for it. Nobody actually thought we'd smash Adelaide, and if we were to win, it would've been a tough, close win.

Good win for you guys and good luck next week.

Yep, understand that, and cheers for the humility, realize there's a heap of intelligent balanced supporters like yourself, but knobs like him deserve everything that comes their way, after laughable threads like that.

Don't compare the best defender in the comp to a couple of youngsters, one of whom you were probably better off without.

Did you read that 10+ page thread properly? It was basically ONE supporter who made the thread, with nobody agreeing with him. I think that thread even turned into a discussion on the laws of physics and how fast commercial airliners can fly, that's how serious it was.

I couldn't care less what the scoreboard says in terms of evaluating how good each side actually is. Are Brisbane a better side than Adelaide because they beat you? Adelaide were a better side on the night, I can't argue with that. But the reality is that was due to travel/fatigue, factors which I said Adelaide deserved to have in their favour for finishing higher on the ladder.

But whatever, we lost this week, and you will lose next week.

Honestly, quit while you are behind. Adelaide has beaten Fremantle THREE TIMES OUT OF THREE THIS YEAR. and you somehow think you are the better side. Understand you are getting excited as your club has never tasted anything even close to success and you managed to shut some sides down over the past 10 weeks, classic Ross Lyon negative crap football tactics, but our first year coach outcoached him for the third time this year tonight. We were also a player down for most of the game. You really need to get a clue, grow some humility, and understand that your club is NOT better than Adelaide, not by a long shot, this year. Calling McPharlin the best defender in the comp further clarifies your delusions.

Looking through this thread is a riot, an unbelievable number of jackasses saying the same things over and over.
McPharlin is no better a player at what's important against the crows as any freo defender....
One on one Walker will win that contest, has all year, he really just is that good.
The dropping in player like Sydney had is what's important.
It's reliant on the inside 50s being delivered idiotically, but Adelaide's inside 50's tend to be delivered in that fashion.
And honestly when you tackle a player heading to the marking contest where the ball drop is 5 metres ahead, it's not a shocking free. Chances are you are just a toss. The whining about throws, there are what seems like about 60 of them a game. Get used to it. You can't pick them though anymore then the umpire. For all these ideas of who got the rub....Just absolute rubbish when you have the ball you get more frees for you.

And as for hawthorn, it's more likely then "licking their lips" they are thinking we have to go out switched on and play good football to win because they actually have to be on the field against 18 other blokes at a time that will show up this time.
I'm not sure what form would ensure a 10 goal win for hawthorn here.
We going by a game 22+ weeks ago that wasn't a final? Seems more then a little bit stupid.

ADELAIDE won the game.

Fremantle lost.

LOL! Comparing a rising star winner to an All Australian. That is hillarious. We were also missing Broughton. But it doesn't matter. You guys finished top 4 and rightfully deserve to go further in finals then us. But you weren't that convincing and I will be tipping the Hawks to beat you.

Great game!

Superb performance from Rutten not only had Pavlich thoroughly beaten but also launched several counter attacks after winning the 1v1. He's lost a yard of pace but he reads the play so beautifully and cant be shifted off the ball. Great pair of hands and a beautiful kick that always goes to the best option.

Walker has an x factor that is hard to beat. He can be frustrating at times but wow he can change a game in a heatbeat. McPharlin was a big loss.

The Porpoise was also a ripper today. History proves that class shines in Finals and whilst he has been down this year, this game really revealed his abilities. His ball usage is first class and he never makes the wrong decision.

I dont think we have a chance against the Hawks but for this young Crows outfit this is an awesome result. Id have slapped someone in the face if they told me the Crows would finish top 4 in 2012.

LOL! Comparing a rising star winner to an All Australian. That is hillarious. We were also missing Broughton. But it doesn't matter. You guys finished top 4 and rightfully deserve to go further in finals then us. But you weren't that convincing and I will be tipping the Hawks to beat you.

No we weren't that convincing. But we beat you. And I also think the hawks will win. As for AAs, maybe if more respect had been paid to our previous AA Rutten by Lyon, Pavlich may have had some impact. Ah well, cest la vie.

No we weren't that convincing. But we beat you. And I also think the hawks will win. As for AAs, maybe if more respect had been paid to our previous AA Rutten by Lyon, Pavlich may have had some impact. Ah well, cest la vie.

Pure speculation. Pav has been injured the last two times we have played you guys. With our six day break and travelling twice in 6 days he wasn't able to recover well. You had a lot of advantages (home ground and our travel) in this game and rightfully you won.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide v Fremantle - Semi-FInal - 8:15PM - LIVE CHAT at 8:00

Remove this Banner Ad

Back