AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

BlackMamba said:
I like the idea. Right analog stick for evasive manouevers sounds great.
I would like to see stuff like that implemented. If these were added, they should just be additional stuff, that would only determine the match between two experienced gamers. Whereas two beginners could play for the first time and be able to cope without them.

That's exactly what I was thinking...depth in controls if you want it or can handle it.

ahahah tru tru, but it will be really bad if u cant hav judd, hird, buvkly, brown etc all in one team. i thought that was the best part of the 2005 game!

Rashes#2 said:
ahahah tru tru, but it will be really bad if u cant hav judd, hird, buvkly, brown etc all in one team. i thought that was the best part of the 2005 game!

Lol. Personally never did it and probably never will. Maybe if i were 10 yo again......ahhhhhhhhh....they were the days............

Fiery Hawk,

Would you be able to tell me what statistics/attributes we will be able to access on potential draftees when we're drafting players at the end of each season? :)

Rashes#2 said:
so there is no chance of having an awsome team then? damn im very disapointed now if thats the case

no offense Rasher#2 but FFS!!!!!!

Every man and their dog bagged the crap out of FH for the trade system in last years version and now people are crying about not being able to build a team full of superstars......the is meant to be a realistic game with a indepth trading systems - if you want judd , pav and nick then trade everyone worth anything to get them - as in real life or go back to AFL Live 2005

FH - I dont envy your job.........your doing a good job cause I would have told some of these jokers to hit the road*

*Not in those words

illnino said:
The more controls the better. ie Madden 06! Took me probably a year to figure out every different thing you can do in that bloody game!
Yep, same here. It's another thing that adds to longevity to the game. Kinda being able to master everything in-game, while also trying to get the right things happening with the management of your team.
Like I said, I think the basic controls are obviously the first priority, but to add secondary buttons (like one that do evasive manouevers, out-bodying in a marking contest etc) would be awesome. It could really separate a beginner from a full-on gamer.

Say, for instance, Fifa (Sorry to always bring it up, but I love it). You give someone a control and get him to play it for the first time. He needs to know,
(Primary Buttons)
- X is pass and change player
- Circle is Tackle and Shoot
- R1 is Sprint
- and maybe Square is Slide Tackle and Lob/Cross.

He'll be able to do fine on Amateur difficulty for a little while without knowing more difficult controls. Then when he masters Amateur and steps up to Pro, to beat the cpu he'll need to know some extras like
(Secondary Buttons)
- L1 makes a player go on a run and Calls a second defender
- R2 gives the player more control and makes him walk
- Triangle calls out the keeper and does a through ball.

Then when he masters those buttons, and steps up to World Class, to beat the cpu he'll need to know everything, inlcuding,
(Tertiary Buttons)
- how to use the right analog stick
- how L2 dummies a shot
- combining L1 and Square does a low pass
- combining L1 and Circle attempts to trick the keeper.
...and many more.

This really makes the user want to play more, so they can strive to become the best that they can be at the game. Whatta ya think guys?
(Sorry for the big, useless post)

illnino said:
Hawks -Premiers in 06 and 07, looking good for 08?

What difficulty is that on FH?
EASY
MEDIUM
HARD
UNREALISTIC

I think fiery was playing on that last difficulty setting. :)

From all reports the game is actually looking good. I've never been a fan of the HARD difficulty setting though. Stats are important. I've played through at least 6 seasons of 05. I don't mind it. (apart from no stats @ the end of the game)

Worst bug in 05 was the computer AI, (lets say that stands for Artificial Input, not intelligence) In particular, the AI marking 35 out from goal. The siren goes and they decide to pass it to the pocket. This has happend late in a game, final quarter. Had it been a goal they'd have won. (only ever played on easy & medium)

FH, just another question for you mate.. has the "bug" been fixed where everytime the CPU goes forward, their full-forward is 50m in the clear without an opponent? This could have been my #1 gripe from AFL 2005 and the worst part was I had absolutely no control over it.

Hopefully this has been looked at for 2006? :confused:

luke2177 said:
Fiery Hawk,

Would you be able to tell me what statistics/attributes we will be able to access on potential draftees when we're drafting players at the end of each season? :)

Potential draftees are rated in the following areas - strength, agility, marking, balance, jumping, speed, accuracy, kicking distance and durability. Basically the same ways that AFL listed players are rated.

luke2177 said:
FH, just another question for you mate.. has the "bug" been fixed where everytime the CPU goes forward, their full-forward is 50m in the clear without an opponent? This could have been my #1 gripe from AFL 2005 and the worst part was I had absolutely no control over it.

Hopefully this has been looked at for 2006? :confused:

By default the back six are tagging their direct opponent. The only reason a forward should break free is because he has a higher rating in speed. This can be remedied by you however by allocating development points to your backmen in the speed attribute.
That's the beauty of this years game...you have greater influence on how the players on the field perform. You create gun players...if we missed out on a certain quality of a player you can rectify it.
For example...in the Hawthorn side Jarryd Roughead plays at full back. Now early in the season he struggled for pace against guys like Lloyd or Fevola so I upped his speed attribute for the first 4-5 matches of the season. Soon enough he was matching it with them. It's a great feeling developing the players.

Fiery Hawk said:
yeah that's true, there is a salary cap. The way around it? Have a lot of cheaper players on your team and load up with a small group of gun players I guess. No option for turning the salary cap on/off unfortunately but I'll make note of it to include it in 07.

I think its important to be able to turn it off. This years game should be all about the gameplay and to be honest even if I could buy it, not having certain things wouldnt worry me at all.

Next year is when you guys should be looking at adding all the extra options and im glad to hear thats what you are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

matera_goal said:
Just rang Cannington JB Hi-Fi, the game is available on the 20th for $64 :D

Great news for anyone in Perth! (It's the same at any JB ;))

Funny that, how about a month back there were a number of posters having a fair whinge about not forking out $100 for the game.
Well as I guessed, in the end, the game may actually be purchased for closer to $50.

Also good to hear Matera_Goal was finally able to find his "Joe Public" shop is his local JB Hi Fi :cool:

And from the short reviews and vids that have been accessable it does seem as though the game is a big improvement finally on what has been a dissapointing series for many years.

Credit to Fiery Hawk and the new team at IR Gurus for sticking there neck out and doing everything they can or could to come up with the best possible game they could under financial and time constraints.

The proof however will no doubt be in the pudding, less than 1 week to go...

roguless54 said:
Funny that, how about a month back there were a number of posters having a fair whinge about not forking out $100 for the game.
Well as I guessed, in the end, the game may actually be purchased for closer to $50.

Also good to hear Matera_Goal was finally able to find his "Joe Public" shop is his local JB Hi Fi :cool:

And from the short reviews and vids that have been accessable it does seem as though the game is a big improvement finally on what has been a dissapointing series for many years.

Credit to Fiery Hawk and the new team at IR Gurus for sticking there neck out and doing everything they can or could to come up with the best possible game they could under financial and time constraints.

The proof however will no doubt be in the pudding, less than 1 week to go...
Since it's night here, it feels like only 5 days :D Giggity Giggity Giggity!

EDIT: My mate's got a demo and he's given me this vid - http://rapidshare.de/files/25789126/Touched_or_was_it.mpg.html Enjoy!

Fiery Hawk -
Whoever at IRGURUS signed off on the allocatable ability points should get a shiny new leather chair to park his/her butt on.
That would add considerable length to the games longevity as you can bring to life the games future stars when you see fit (or inline with future seasons performance).
I will hand over my hard earned $$$ on Thursday. To me it seems enough has been done to warrant that. If it's a let down you guys better get cracking on 07 ASAP cos it'll be hard to win us over again.
PS - Game released, 1 day before the kick off to heritage round. :)

MATERA GOAL - Of course it was touched :D Actually looks like it falls away after hitting the padding on the post from 1 angle.

hey hawk, i hav seen alot of screenshots n video's of players with stars around them when they are selected, can anyone become a star in career mode? or will the star players from the start stay the same?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back