AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Rashes#2 said:
ahahah tru tru, but it will be really bad if u cant hav judd, hird, buvkly, brown etc all in one team. i thought that was the best part of the 2005 game!
I stopped playing it because of that, it's boring when you have all the best players on the team.

Plus the game isn't that good anyway, whoever buys it give us a review.

Just called my local EB - they have the game in, but wont be selling it until tomorrow! :eek:

So I'll get it tomorrow. And unfortunately, I asked about price matching and they said they only match local prices so the price at JB Melbourne is irrelevant. The cheapest I've seen around here is K-Mart ($78.84).

Anyone know if Target/Big W are selling for any cheaper?

I'm getting it tomorrow @ EB Cannington :)

Rang JB, they've got catalogs available listing it as $64.98 but they're actually selling it for $74.98.

EB have it for $79.98 so I get it $14 cheaper :D

Too late to go now for me :(

So tomorrow 4 sure! Giggity Giggity Giggity!

Well yeah.......ummmmm.......its good.....

Just Joking! I Like it alot!:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Improved in every aspect of the game, but still with the occasional glitch/mistake - nowhere near as many as 05 though!

I have only played with CPU ASSIST OFF and DIRECTION ASSIST OFF - This makes the game more challenging!!!

Instructions better than last year with everything explained well - particularly the Tactics which are absoulutely awesome!

Tactics are Kick-in Att, Kick-in Def, Fow 50, Midfield, Def 50 and Rucks.
All range from attacking to defensive.

These can be changed on the fly but it is difficult as it is displayed with pictures instead of saying fow 50, def 50 etc

The game plays better.

Marking, Kicking, Handballing, tackling etc.......everything has been made more user friendly yet also more challenging to master.

Kicks as you know can be overkicked.

Handballs are a bit harder to hit a target.

Marking (with cpu-assist turned OFF) is responsive yet by no means easy as you have to run your man to the marking contest manually.

You must be directly near your opp. to tackle other wise you stumble which is a nice added feature.

Goal kicking is as good as we expected (yes you can still kick goals normally, but it is hard to aim straight.)

The best camera view is END HIGH, ZOOM IN. Easy to see everything!

One complaint: X is tackle and mark. In marking contests, if your opp. gets the mark, you will accidently tackle him from rapidly pressing X and give away a 50.

Hip and shouldering is hard to do (square) as is speccying. You really have to be in the right place.

For some reason, no free kick for kick-in that goes out of bounds.

More free kicks in general play.....the comp. sometimes takes people out behind the play which is cool.

Sometimes, again, like in 05, there may be noone in your back fifty. HOWEVER, DONT CRY JUST YET. This mainly happens if a team rushes the ball from one end of the ground to the other very quickly. Also def 50 tactics may help there.....

Stats are pretty good.

Player develpment looks cool....Ive only read about it in the instructions so far.

Commentating is not as bad as I thought it might have been.

More goal animations and better replay angles.

Ruck still may take time to get used too...:eek:

Only played one game so far....Hawks V Bombers against my bro and lost by 22 pts. Will get him back now!

PS. Havnt really taken much notice of player graphics but Everitt did have Greyish hair and from what I saw it looks like they have improved in this area!

Well done Fiery and IR for a great AFL game that I will be able to play for a long while yet :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

illnino said:
Marking (with cpu-assist turned OFF) is responsive yet by no means easy as you have to run your man to the marking contest manually.
I know, it's really hard with that assist off, but if you get used to it, you have better control over being able to take a speccie.

illnino said:
One complaint: X is tackle and mark. In marking contests, if your opp. gets the mark, you will accidently tackle him from rapidly pressing X and give away a 50.
You just have to tap X once, when the shrinking circle crosses the green (inner) circle. If you tap it too late (as you do when rapidly tapping the button) the opposition will time the mark better, and you will give away a free kick. If you get used to this I don't think you'd count it as a complaint. I don't mind it.

illnino said:
For some reason, no free kick for kick-in that goes out of bounds.
Hmmm...thought they said that was fixed for the final version.

I went to my local EB before uni.

Asked when it comes in the guy said tomorrow but only if you have pre-ordered it.

Then he said if you haven't it might be in 1-2 weeks.:eek:

Looks like I will have to wait til Thursday cos I didn't pre-order the bastard.:mad:

Statistician said:
I went to my local EB before uni.

Asked when it comes in the guy said tomorrow but only if you have pre-ordered it.

Then he said if you haven't it might be in 1-2 weeks.:eek:

Looks like I will have to wait til Thursday cos I didn't pre-order the bastard.:mad:

I went in to pre-order today and was greeted by the suprise that i could pick it up tommorow morning! :D

B-Rock said:
I went in to pre-order today and was greeted by the suprise that i could pick it up tommorow morning! :D

Oh your ****ing kidding me.

Why didn't the stupid **** who served me tell me I could ****ing still pre-order it.

I'm going to go there tomorrow and I ain't leaving til I have a copy of AFL 2006.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Statistician said:
Oh your ****ing kidding me.

Why didn't the stupid **** who served me tell me I could ****ing still pre-order it.

I'm going to go there tomorrow and I ain't leaving til I have a copy of AFL 2006.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Unlucky mate, I asked if I could still pre-order and her reply was "of course!"
She then reassured me that if I rocked up drunk and didnt know where I was, as long as i had ID she would sell me the game.. true story! :p

B-Rock said:
Unlucky mate, I asked if I could still pre-order and her reply was "of course!"
She then reassured me that if I rocked up drunk and didnt know where I was, as long as i had ID she would sell me the game.. true story! :p

lol

I have a plan. :)

I'll go there and say "I came in yesterday and was told I could pick up a copy of AFL, today"... "Do you have a pre-order?"... "No the person who served me didn't say I needed one just to drop in as they will have plenty of copies". :):):)

Statistician said:
lol

I have a plan. :)

I'll go there and say "I came in yesterday and was told I could pick up a copy of AFL, today"... "Do you have a pre-order?"... "No the person who served me didn't say I needed one just to drop in as they will have plenty of copies". :):):)

And what if the the same person who served you today, serves you tomorrow? i think you should think of plan B now. ;)

i have a pre orderd from game traders, hopefully i can get it tomorow, have never pre ordered thru them though are they ****house?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back