AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

BlackMamba said:
I know, it's really hard with that assist off, but if you get used to it, you have better control over being able to take a speccie.

I agree.

BlackMamba said:
You just have to tap X once, when the shrinking circle crosses the green (inner) circle. If you tap it too late (as you do when rapidly tapping the button) the opposition will time the mark better, and you will give away a free kick. If you get used to this I don't think you'd count it as a complaint. I don't mind it.

I was playin my bro who was tapping more rapidly than me.......but I get what your sayin......I just played for the second time then and only gave away one 50m penalty.

BlackMamba said:
Hmmm...thought they said that was fixed for the final version.

Me too. But no......oh well.

9/10 for me. Love it even more after my second go even though I lost by 5 pts :mad:

I also have auto-switch player OFF.

I cant find much else wrong with it except im finding it a bit hard to punch (circle) the ball in marking contests.

Harry Miller crummed 5 gls but Lloyd and Lucas each booted 4 for Essendon. I couldnt help but give my bro the biggest dead arm! ;)

Also, changed my mind to END CAM (HIGH PAN), MID ZOOM for the best camera view.

Also.....Torpedos can go 80m sometimes but not often....like I said......Not perfect but a great game nonetheless, feels like a real sports game now!:thumbsu:

Loving it so far. On normal mode now, yes im ****.

Round 1 vs Saints was a 4 point loss
Round 2 vs Crows a 1 point win after the siren with a goal to Rosa.

hey guys whats the game like playingwise, do the flankers and wingers get more involved in the game, and how are the tactics like do they make a difference to a match?

It's awesome when you can snap and goal from the boundary using the new goal-kicking system. Even better when you just direct it yourself using X. Love judging the wind on the run.
Punching should be easier than marking. That's how I found it.

So, now that it is pretty much on the shelves, Fiery, you and IR Gurus may aswell take a holiday for great work I guess. Just make sure your back in the office before Christmas, or just after and work on the updated version so it can be on the shelves April next year rather than late July.

BlackMamba said:
It's awesome when you can snap and goal from the boundary using the new goal-kicking system. Even better when you just direct it yourself using X. Love judging the wind on the run.
Punching should be easier than marking. That's how I found it.

It should be, but I was pushing it and it wouldnt even do a punching animation let alone punch......he just stood there while my bro took the mark :mad: ...oh well, maybe next time.

Stafford678 said:
hey guys whats the game like playingwise, do the flankers and wingers get more involved in the game, and how are the tactics like do they make a difference to a match?

The flanks and wings get way more involved due to the inclusion of tactics. Gameplay is very smooth and free-flowing to me. I love it. Its now possible to get the ball from one end to the other using short kicks and handpasses rather than long bombs like in 05.

You guys wont be dissapointed! Alot of improvement! Still not perfect but a massive step for IR.:thumbsu:

EDIT: Almost Forgot! You can now take a run up for a shot at goal!!! No more standing kicks......just pull back to run back and then hit forward to start your run........although I reckon you only get about 15-20 secs to take your kick after a mark.

Got mine from EB Sydney City today. Very impressed with it so far. Goal kicking system is alot better but im finding the marking system a bit hard to get used to.
Much more fun this game than last years crap.

PS: Just started career mode. Does anyone know if there are season stats ie: leading goal kicker, kicks etc.? I can't seem to find it in the main menu.

Stafford678 said:
i have a pre orderd from game traders, hopefully i can get it tomorow, have never pre ordered thru them though are they ****house?
last time I ordered from them. It took them like 2 extra days than everywhere else to get the game. I better get a call from them tomorrow or I will be ringing them. Im getting annoyed I want to play it now.

quiksilva said:
Loving it so far. On normal mode now, yes im ****.

Round 1 vs Saints was a 4 point loss
Round 2 vs Crows a 1 point win after the siren with a goal to Rosa.

Is the AI smarter this time?

and are the computer less acurate in front of goal?

melbournemartin said:
still tryin to get me hands on a cheap ps2 :(

anywhere where u can hire em?

When they first came out, i hired one from a video store (civic video from memory) ended buying it off them for a heavily reduced price. :)

Not sure if other video stores have them, as i havn't been to one in years...

Ho hum. Everyone's having fun with the game, here's ol Matera missin' out :(

Its gunna be a looooooong night...

Oh well, I'm going to rort EB Games tomorrow :D. Wish me luck :thumbsu:

Martin mate, you can get a brand new one for about $180. You can get one fairly cheap ($120-150-ish) in whatever Melbourne has that is like a buy/sell newspaper (WA has the Quokka :D).

EDIT: I'm sure Civic Video has 'em. I saw some there for rent when I was a member then - before I was banned for uh... never mind :eek: I'm at Blockbuster now, which is good for movies but **** for anything else i.e games or WWE :p. They don't have consoles for hire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does the game feel like it's run by the numbers like last year?

Especially with marking. Get a strong marking spine and you're literally unbeatable if you try. Just bomb it in their general direction and you're away.

If you have a weak marking spine, the opposition FF will kick 17 goals.

I'm describing 2005 btw

Is the commentary better than '05?

"Koutoufides comes onto the ground.."

You get the picture. ;)

Fiery Hawk - will AFL 2007 feature Bruce/Ch7 commentators, or Huddo and the Ch10 mob? :confused:

illnino said:
Also.....Torpedos can go 80m sometimes but not often....
That's a slight worry... unless it Anthony or Sav Rocca and it's only one out of every 10 - then maybe. Otherwise torps should have been set to a maximum of 60-65m and even then you'd have to kick it basically perfect.

Is there any skill in kicking long bombs? Or is it simply just tapping a button to boot it 80 metres? :eek:

commentry is way better n the drafting system is really hard as well, but good. 9/10. for sum reason tho i picked up jon brown in the draft rather than trading for him? im 2nd on the ladder in 2007 after finishing last in 2006:thumbsu:

Rashes#2 said:
for sum reason tho i picked up jon brown in the draft rather than trading for him? im 2nd on the ladder in 2007 after finishing last in 2006:thumbsu:

I beleive they merged the Pre-season draft and the national draft to form one bigger draft, why? i don't know, FH might answer this. Thats why you get the young players and some older players n the draft...

meh who cares.

What i want to know is if you can get some more intricute passing by hand and foot during play? or is it simple get the ball and kick it long down the guts stuff.

Rashes#2 said:
for sum reason tho i picked up jon brown in the draft rather than trading for him? im 2nd on the ladder in 2007 after finishing last in 2006:thumbsu:

eh? Why was he available in the draft at all? Is he out of contract at the end of this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back