AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be buying it as soon as the shop opens on Thursday.

Renting isn't an option as I'd be waiting until about mid-August for my local video shop to get it.

I'm not kidding, they still have AFL Live Premiership Edition and AFL Premiership 2005 on the New Releases $7.50 for 3 nights shelf :p

RoosterLad said:
I'll be renting it first.

A few pages back you posted that you had played a demo of the game at Harvey Norman and that it was a huge improvement overall and a game you would keep coming back again to play ... so why then wouldnt you buy?

or do you still have doubts:confused:

roguless54 said:
A few pages back you posted that you had played a demo of the game at Harvey Norman and that it was a huge improvement overall and a game you would keep coming back again to play ... so why then wouldnt you buy?

Unless the game is a known series of quality like a GTA or Gran Turismo then anybody is stupid for not renting first.

I can't wait to hear all the whingers saying how much they hate the game and what a waste of money it was, and it will be.

roguless54 said:

Yeah i only played one quick game. What is the problem with renting it to see what its really like you stupid ****?

Regardless of the demos released - we have all been duped every time they release an AFL game.

I will be renting that is for sure - the reason is simple - when i originally played the game released last year, it seemed ok (not great but ok). But the longer i played the game, the more annoyed i got about its deficiencies in gameplay and option (don't get me started about the non-existence of stats).

Thankfully i realised the game was a dud before the 7 day exchange period was up with the purchase from EB.

Power21 said:
I can't wait to hear all the whingers saying how much they hate the game and what a waste of money it was, and it will be.

Says he who hasnt played the game and probably hasnt seen any video of it. You only have to wait 3 more days until you can bag it after playing or praise it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rashes#2 said:
hey hawk, i hav seen alot of screenshots n video's of players with stars around them when they are selected, can anyone become a star in career mode? or will the star players from the start stay the same?

Each Player attribute is marked out of 100pts. When a Player reaches 100pts in certain categories he becomes a star. For example, to be an 'Aggressor' the Player must be rated 100 in strength, stamina and durability.
Players aren't always stars...they will fade in areas if neglected or through old age.
To answer your question though the guys you see with star status now probably won't be so in 3 or so seasons when a new crop are the star players.

Fiery Hawk - if, in the game, i decide to attack the thigh of my already injured opponent and accidentally hit him in the groin, can i use a special button combination to plead my innocence whilst he fumbles around on the ground in pain?

Can this be included in the 07 version?

go team said:
Fiery Hawk - if, in the game, i decide to attack the thigh of my already injured opponent and accidentally hit him in the groin, can i use a special button combination to plead my innocence whilst he fumbles around on the ground in pain?

Can this be included in the 07 version?

Haha not to sure about that...we can add hard ball gets to the stats though! :p

So, I saw $65 in text, so is that the price?

If so, you beauty. I was going to stay away from the game to be honest, but I just won over $100 at Crown last night so it may be on the shopping list.

Lonie_from_50 said:
So, I saw $65 in text, so is that the price?

If so, you beauty. I was going to stay away from the game to be honest, but I just won over $100 at Crown last night so it may be on the shopping list.

Retails for $79.95 but JB Hi-Fi have it for $64.

If you want to get it from EB just tell them JB have it for $64 and they will price match, you also still get 7 days to return it if you don't like it. Win - Win situation!

Guido17 said:
If you want to get it from EB just tell them JB have it for $64 and they will price match, you also still get 7 days to return it if you don't like it. Win - Win situation!
Would they do this if we don't have a JB Hi-fi in my town? We only have an EB. Should they still match it?

luke2177 said:
Would they do this if we don't have a JB Hi-fi in my town? We only have an EB. Should they still match it?

They sure will. Company policy. You have to show them the proof of it though. Just grab a JB Catalog and they'll price match it for you. If they don't then their not doing their jobs properly.

My local EB (Brisbane) just said I can come pick up the game now as they got it in today!!!:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

He didnt sound sure if they were aloowed to sell it but said just come in and hell do it anyway as it arrived today!!!

Back soon if i get it! Probably hour or two!!!

:) :) :) :)

I was wondering on a few points!

1) How will Brownlow votes work in this game? How did they work in the last game!

2) Will you be able to excess player stats after the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back