AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope the flaws that exist don't detract from the gameplay to the point where you don't want to play it anymore. So far from what I've heard though, not many outstanding flaws if any thus far. I'm sure people will soon come out with the gripes after the excitement of playing a new AFL game has settled in.

With the goal kicking metre, say the wind is blowing from left to right at 40 km/h when kicking at goal do you have to stop the ball on the metre say between the left point post and left goal post if you know what I mean to compensate for the wind or does it do it automatically.

Hope that makes some sense.

Statistician said:
With the goal kicking metre, say the wind is blowing from left to right at 40 km/h when kicking at goal do you have to stop the ball on the metre say between the left point post and left goal post if you know what I mean to compensate for the wind or does it do it automatically.

Hope that makes some sense.
I know what you mean. First of all, the wind speeds are more realistic. 40km/h wind speeds don't exist. A big wind is about 15km/h, which has the same affect as a 40km/h wind from last years version. I think its a more realistic value.
And yes, on the goal metre you have to aim at the left post for a wind going about 3-9km/h to the right, between the left goal post and left point post for a wind 10+km/h. It makes it great to play.
Then you've also got winds against you, with you, slightly with you and a bit to the side etc....Goal kicking from set shots is pretty fun now.

Sounds awesome, I pick my copy up tomorrow :D By the sounds of the new goal scoring metre it's heaps more realistic because you might get a wind where you just struggle to fine tune your goal kicking and just have a bad day in front of goal which is good. I like the idea of having to adapt to the conditions better instead of just running straight in. Great work FH:thumbsu:

yogie2space said:
How do Brownlow votes work?

Is there player game stats for each game?

It sounds good though

Finding out for you about the Brownlow calculations...I'm not a programmer so I'm chasing it up. Will let you know soon!

There are player stats for each game you play in. Not for other games in the round.

luke2177 said:
Fiery Hawk - will AFL 2007 feature Bruce/Ch7 commentators, or Huddo and the Ch10 mob? :confused:

Not sure yet to be honest. I suspect the commentators will be the same as it gives us the best chance to build upon what's there. Starting from scratch again with new commentators may be too time consuming and costly.

Rashes#2 said:
commentry is way better n the drafting system is really hard as well, but good. 9/10. for sum reason tho i picked up jon brown in the draft rather than trading for him? im 2nd on the ladder in 2007 after finishing last in 2006:thumbsu:

Probably some much-overdue salary cap issues for the Lions :D We don't compensate Brisbane and Sydney in the game like the AFL do...

Also there is no pre-season draft so the National and Pre-Season drafts are combined to form the AFL draft. That's why there are around 150-160 draft pick chances on offer to clubs.

Fiery Hawk said:
Finding out for you about the Brownlow calculations...I'm not a programmer so I'm chasing it up. Will let you know soon!

There are player stats for each game you play in. Not for other games in the round.

So after each game you can see each individual players stats, or even during the game?

Thanks for the info and I am keen in regards to the Brownlow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yogie2space said:
How do Brownlow votes work?

Is there player game stats for each game?
I would love to know from someone who has the game:

1) I assume Brownlow votes are awarded for every home-and-away match? Is it possible to keep track of voting throughout the season or are the votes kept "secret"? Is there a Norm Smith Medal awarded in the Grand Final?

2) Statistics - a huge bug-bear from 2005 - what stats are accessible during the season? I would hope you would be able to see which players are averaging high posessions etc as the season goes on both for your team and other teams?

3) So, entering a game can you look at other teams statistics and/or goal kickers so you know who to tag or watch closely?

Cheers.

yogie2space said:
So after each game you can see each individual players stats, or even during the game?

Thanks for the info and I am keen in regards to the Brownlow!

You can access player stats at the breaks in each quarter and at the end of the game. When you pause the game during a quarter you can view basic team stats and check out player fatigue levels.

luke2177 said:
I would love to know from someone who has the game:

1) I assume Brownlow votes are awarded for every home-and-away match? Is it possible to keep track of voting throughout the season or are the votes kept "secret"? Is there a Norm Smith Medal awarded in the Grand Final?

2) Statistics - a huge bug-bear from 2005 - what stats are accessible during the season? I would hope you would be able to see which players are averaging high posessions etc as the season goes on both for your team and other teams?

3) So, entering a game can you look at other teams statistics and/or goal kickers so you know who to tag or watch closely?

Cheers.

1. they are awarded but kept quiet. No norm smith this year but will be included in 2007 along with other match day awards like the Anzac Medal for example.

2. trust me I fought long and hard but unfortunately season stats like that didn't make it in before our deadline. They are in now so they are a definite for 2007. I'm really embarassed that they aren't in for 2006 if that's any consolation...

3. if we did have the stats in yes you'd be able to do this. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is see their overall rating and from that you summise whether they have their best team in or not. In 2007 we're looking to have 'scouting reports' where you can see who is out, who's in, who's hot, where they are ranked high and low in stats categories etc. Really excited about adding those areas to the game because I know how effective they can be in planning for games throughout the season or at any time.

Fiery Hawk said:
You can access player stats at the breaks in each quarter and at the end of the game. When you pause the game during a quarter you can view basic team stats and check out player fatigue levels.

Awesome!

I am in Tassie and I can't wait to get it! Thanks for ll your help! It has been very useful! I will give you my feedback when I play it!

Fiery Hawk said:
1. they are awarded but kept quiet. No norm smith this year but will be included in 2007 along with other match day awards like the Anzac Medal for example.

2. trust me I fought long and hard but unfortunately season stats like that didn't make it in before our deadline. They are in now so they are a definite for 2007. I'm really embarassed that they aren't in for 2006 if that's any consolation...

3. if we did have the stats in yes you'd be able to do this. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is see their overall rating and from that you summise whether they have their best team in or not. In 2007 we're looking to have 'scouting reports' where you can see who is out, who's in, who's hot, where they are ranked high and low in stats categories etc. Really excited about adding those areas to the game because I know how effective they can be in planning for games throughout the season or at any time.

So will there be a table for the brownlow votes for each round or will the votes be shown at the end of the year?

So the stats will not added up after each round just game by game!

That would be excellent for next year 2007

yogie2space said:
So will there be a table for the brownlow votes for each round or will the votes be shown at the end of the year?

So the stats will not added up after each round just game by game!

That would be excellent for next year 2007

Yep there's a table at the end of the season including club awards. All finishing positions have a text comment associated with them talking about the player and his effort that season.

Unfortunately not this year. I feel the pain of everyone out there.

Yeah we're looking to build on 2006 in all areas.

Just a quick plug & this game should be available to buy from this afternoon as a friend of mine works at JB hi-fi in the city & she just rang me to say that they'll be recieving their stock this afternoon :thumbsu:

Fiery Hawk said:
Thanks for that FH - just thought I'd ask.

As long as it's something that will be in for 2007, that's awesome. As you've said previously, the gameplay is the big one. Now that it sounds as if the gameplay is well and truly on the improve (I'll be playing the game later today), we can look forward to a slightly deeper game next year with statistics and the like. :thumbsu:

Fiery Hawk said:
Please keep me informed about this as I'm interested in what stage of your gameplay hours you are into the Hard mode and doing well in games.
Im 9 win 7 losses on Normal mode with 2 minute quaters. Should be a while before i can jump to hard ;)

quiksilva said:
Im 9 win 7 losses on Normal mode with 2 minute quaters. Should be a while before i can jump to hard ;)

How's the player development coming along? Have you assigned it to particular players or just the team as a whole?

Also, how are the ratings of the players? Way off the mark or in the ball park?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back