Remove this Banner Ad

scotia

Rookie
Mar 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all,

I've written a tool to generate fixture files which you can import into your calendar program like Outlook, iCal, Google Calendar, Thunderbird etc.

You can get to it here: http://www.thismonkey.com/afl/2009/aflfixture-2009.shtml

You tell it what you want: Your team or all teams, if and when you want reminders, where you are etc, and it will give you a file to download and import.

It also creates PDF files of the fixture given your choices for printing or reference.

There is also a link which shows you how to import a CSV file into Outlook 2007 (it's probably not too different from earlier versions of Outlook I expect).

Your best bet is CSV files for MS Outlook, and I think ICS works on everything else (including Outlook).

There is also a link to a feedback page - I'd love to hear what you think.

I've been posting this on the various club fixture threads, so apologies to all those people who've seen this already.

Thanks and GO PIES,
Scott

Sure - I just need to work out what the file looks like that Notes imports. Do you know if it's CSV? If so, I'll need to know the header information (eg: Description, start time, end time, etc).
I'll hunt around on the web too.
Scott

Sure - I just need to work out what the file looks like that Notes imports. Do you know if it's CSV? If so, I'll need to know the header information (eg: Description, start time, end time, etc).
I'll hunt around on the web too.
Scott
I'll see what I can tell you tomorrow when I get to my pc. Spent a good hour and a half trying to convert it on Friday without much luck...

I got this from the web:

The most important are Topic, Subject, StartDate, StartTime, EndDate, EndTime, AppointmentType.
The first ones are obvious - appointment type is a bit strange - I think it has to do with recurrence. Have you any thoughts? Maybe if you could export from Calendar to CSV a variety of appointments and send it to me - that'd help no end.

Scott

this is great dude thanks heaps
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Ok. Notes

I set up 3 dummy events

1: Type - Meeting Subject - Appointment 1 Date: Today 10:45-11:45 Location: Office
2: Type - Appointment Subject - Appointment 3 Date: Today 14:00 - 15:00 Location: Different
3: Type - Meeting Subject - Appointment 2 Date: 28/01/09 15:00-16:00 Location: House

this is the csv that was generated:
Code:
158,"10:45 AM",-,"11:45 AM","Appointment 1
Chair: Josh 
"
160,"03:00 PM",-,"04:00 PM","Appointment 3
"
158,"02:00 PM",-,"03:00 PM","appointment 2
Chair: Josh 
"

clear as mud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great. But was there no header line at the top of the file?

That would mean the columns are fixed, which is no real problem, it's just working out what each column means.

I'm guessing:
Column 1: Item type
(158=Meeting, 160=Appointment)
Column 2: Start time
Column 3: (hyphen)
Column 4: End time
Column 5: Text
"[subject]<CR/LF>Location: [location]<CR/LF>Chair: [person]<CR/LF>"

Weird! There are no dates, and the last two items' times are wrong. Did you set reminders for these as well? Also, what's the difference between Meeting and Appointment?

Thanks!
Scott

yeah I don't really understand how there can be no dates.

The time's aren't actually wrong, that was my mistake obviously.

I would probably say that an appointment is the best type for these footy ones. Meetings can get complex with chair, invitees, etc. I did set a reminder for the first one... Perhaps csv isn't the best format.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2009 Fixture Generator for Calendars (ICS, CSV) and PDF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back