AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Lions by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Lions by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely the AFL are smart and empathetic enough to have a spare medal for either Mills or Oscar if their respective team wins, especially now that both have been given permission to sit on the bench during the game?

If James Jordon can win one sitting on the bench being an unused sub in 2021 surely this would be okay?
I like the idea in principle but what about past players who just missed out? Obviously NN, Gaff, Shep for us, and Taylor Adams last year. It would set a precedent. I do think from next year they should award the premiership medal to club members who say, play at least 12 games that season. Or maybe say 15.

Either way I consider the big O especially every bit a part of the premiership side if they win.

I like the idea in principle but what about past players who just missed out? Obviously NN, Gaff, Shep for us, and Taylor Adams last year. It would set a precedent. I do think from next year they should award the premiership medal to club members who say, play at least 12 games that season. Or maybe say 15.

Either way I consider the big O especially every bit a part of the premiership side if they win.

And then where does it end ? You may as well give Tony Modra a premiership medal for missing out on the 1997 grand final after doing his ACL in the prelim!

Do Swans get shafted by the umps against Lions? I’d hate another 2016 to happen again.
Not that I buy into the theory that the umps got swept up in the Dogs fairytale in 2016, but there’s no remotely comparable fairytale about the Lions this time.

Not to say we won’t see another substandard umpiring effort again. They’re only human and it’s an impossibly complex game to officiate.

Started the season 2-5 got written off by everyone.

4 ACL’s and our Ruckman going down in the Prelim.

2 amazing finals comebacks including the second biggest finals comeback of all time.

Against all odds make the GF to finally finish what we started in 2023, this is the Lions year, the stage is set for the Lions!!

LFG GO! CARN LIONS!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, Sydney did not lose the 2022 Grand Final. While the final score may suggest the Swans, while not losing, did not win, it would be more accurate to say that in the 2022 Grand Final the Sydney Swans were the club that were definitely the best looking out there, and the courage of spirt and the desire to see the match to the end showed the winning qualities the Swans possess, and ultimately that is the most important metric.
You up for doing a spot of PR for the England cricket team?

Oh boy I hope so. Schadenfreude galore.
I hope he gets a free kick against him after the siren for climbing and shaking the goal post with the Swans 5 points up.
Aussie Rules Sport GIF by Sydney Swans

All these flavours and you choose salty.

To be fair, I've gotten my fair share of schadenfreude from the bombers in the last decade so play on

Last edited:
I just hope everyone has a nice time.

And the Swans win.
Thousands of users getting randomly subscribed to the Sydney board would be all worthwhile! :sydney:

Well the day has arrived and the weather outside looks awesome.
Should be a great day and hoping for a great game.

I know it wont happen but I would like to see no tagging and just let the stars play head to head.
A shootout with goals galore.

My picks for the box sweep is...
Lions by 14, however tossing up between Joe and Ashcroft for the Norm.

May even grab a Lions scarf for the day.

Good luck to both teams and well done for getting there.
NSW vs QLD in an AFL GF, can only be good for the game.

Hey, Sydney did not lose the 2022 Grand Final. While the final score may suggest the Swans, while not losing, did not win, it would be more accurate to say that in the 2022 Grand Final the Sydney Swans were the club that were definitely the best looking out there, and the courage of spirt and the desire to see the match to the end showed the winning qualities the Swans possess, and ultimately that is the most important metric.
Strongly suggest another watch of 22GF

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Back