AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

• Lions by a goal or less

• Swans by 7 - 20

• Lions by 7 - 20

• Swans by a lot

• Lions by a lot

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1727472224212.jpeg
Oh GREAT FOOTY GODS, bless The Brisbane Lions today. Let the ball bounce our way, help us to own the centre corridor, to run and spread, to exploit the overlap, to dominate inside forward fifty, to raise our tackle pressure to new heights, to enjoy repeat entries and to kick straight. MAGNIFICENT FOOTY GODS, give our defenders the strength to lock down Sydney’s small forwards and the courage to take the game on with intercept marking and rebound football. ALL POWERFUL FOOTY GODS, Bless our midfield so that they can dominate the clearances, hit targets inside forward 50, kick goals themselves, but also run both ways. KIND FOOTY GODS, restore Lachie Neale’s heel and Jack Payne’s knee. Raise up the confidence of our players so that they feel your power for the full four quarters.

We, who have waited 21 years for a Premiership, beg you to find in our favour today and lift our playing group up into the realm of PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS.

Your humble servant,
3KZ is Football.

1727472260183.jpeg

PS. Please curse Sydney a bit.

Pies had strong rivalries with South in the past and Fitzroy were out first and most hate-filled rivals.

I take the point Brisbane arent Fitzroy, although they honour the memory well.

Both clubs have done well to overcome Vicbias to become dominant sides. It's a fair fight in the sense of a neutral venue.

I think Brisbane have overcome a lot more to get there. They have had less help from the AFL and the travel from Brisbane crosses several climatic zones. The WA clubs have nightmare travel, further than the rest, but Brisbane's could arguably be more disruptive.

Lots to admire on both lists, but for me Brisbane is the most skilled side. Sydney have thay athletic edge, starting with Grundy down, and may outlast Brisbane, but itsxa big ground so their preferred style can be overcome by smart counterpunching.

Hope the Lions won, the League would prefer a Sydney win so screw them.

Big game. Must win game

Strong Macaveney energy.

"In the context of this season a crucial match, for both these sides. You get sense neither coach would be happy with anything less than a win."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both clubs have done well to overcome Vicbias to become dominant sides. It's a fair fight in the sense of a neutral venue.

It will be fascinating to see if any supporters of the losing side blames vicbias today.

Strong Macaveney energy.

"In the context of this season a crucial match, for both these sides. You get sense neither coach would be happy with anything less than a win."

delicious

Ramps is one of the biggest lairs in the game. Hard to dislike.
Been nothing but classy since Mills was ruled out. He's in a no win situation. Win, hoist the cup and win the inaugural Ron Barassi medal. Naysayers will say what about Mills, but end of the day, Rampe is doing his job.

Big Day. Genuine 50-50 game. The two best teams made it thru.
Naturally i'd hate to lose, but strangely not concerned. It has been a great season to follow the Swannies regardless.
Hitting the pub about 11 to do some warm up stretches and get a few Old Admirals into me.

Big Day. Genuine 50-50 game. The two best teams made it thru.
Naturally i'd hate to lose, but strangely not concerned. It has been a great season to follow the Swannies regardless.
Hitting the pub about 11 to do some warm up stretches and get a few Old Admirals into me.

Save your energy for post 5pm when the real fun begins (either drinking to celebrate or to numb the loss)

Grand Final day is a marathon not a sprint

Drink/gamble/fart responsibly

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG) Teams in OP

Back