Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Hawks v GWS Sat June 8th 1:45pm AEST (Uni of Tassie)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure the umpiring could be considered controversial, but if the Giants were as good as they should be they would have buried the Hawks long before something like that could have ever happened. I'm starting to think the Giants are never going to arrive.

Either way Laura Kane will tick it all off with flying colours
I wonder if she'll tick off GWS getting an armchair ride with 2 byes vs the hawks playing 13 straight?

Never mind the fact hawks get no prime time games despite playing some entertaining footy. Should we sneak into the 8 can only hope the final is a day game as won't have played a night game since round five back in April!

Anyone arguing that Green's bump on Sicily is not late (split second late, yes) needs to have their eyes checked, or open their other eye. Get your hand off it.

This gets paid every time, and has so for at least the last 20 years.
Let me ask you this, what decision would you honestly expect the umpire to pay if it was a player from your team that was bumped like this. You would be calling blue murder.

stop obsessing about Hawthorn and worry about your own lot

Also gets let go all the time.

Let’s just see what the final call is - each person's perception is their own.
Well didn’t the ump pay it? So that’s the end of it. Doesn’t matter what your perception of it is, or mine or dopey dermie’s. But for the record it was a free kick for mine.

Anyone arguing that Green's bump on Sicily is not late (split second late, yes) needs to have their eyes checked, or open their other eye. Get your hand off it.

This gets paid every time, and has so for at least the last 20 years.
Let me ask you this, what decision would you honestly expect the umpire to pay if it was a player from your team that was bumped like this. You would be calling blue murder.

stop obsessing about Hawthorn and worry about your own lot
You will find most are questioning the Ginnivan and Newcombe free kicks late that led to the Sicily decision.

Personally IMO the Sicily decision was right. The 2 that led up to it were not especially the Ginnivan one who only had the intention of drawing a free.

Add the worst of the lot to that list- Sicily.
Amazing how he gets such a favourable look when his antics have got him suspended throughout his career. Normally reputation puts off umpires giving free kicks but apparently Sicily doesn’t have a blemish. Horrific
Bit rich coming from a supporter of the club Walters plays for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one cares that it’s Hawthorn. If the teams were reversed people would comment the same.

Again, its another dubious decision in the final stages of a game which has changed the result.
Except it wasn't dubious and didn't change the result.

maxresdefault.jpg
It's not an official melt thread until Plugger wades in. My day is complete.

You will find most are questioning the Ginnivan and Newcombe free kicks late that led to the Sicily decision.

Personally IMO the Sicily decision was right. The 2 that led up to it were not especially the Ginnivan one who only had the intention of drawing a free.

Plenty whinging about the Green bump too.

I wasnt paying enough attention to the game re: Newcombe and Ginni. Bump pretty sure these things happen in every game and there is inconsistency in every game. Just saying.

I love the Collingwood supporters whinging about Ginnivan now he is not at their club.
Might just take a bit of time for us to wash the Collingwood off him

How good, young hawks side playing 13 straight and get the win despite the GWS franchise coming in fresh off their 2nd bye for the year. Dear looks twice the player of Cadman.

Great to see the underdog minnows with no prime time fixtures, no AFL hand outs and no academy come out on top. AFL House will be spewing!
And how many father-sons are on the Giants list?

That was quick, not a surprise tho, clearly obvious.

I'd say the most dubious part of the entire thing was Breust managing to get the kick. I'd have backed anyone to have scored at least a point but it was glasses down when it was Breust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Hawks v GWS Sat June 8th 1:45pm AEST (Uni of Tassie)

Back