Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Freo v Blues Sat April 6th 4:20pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There is also a small chance that Carlton could be missing Cripps if his first born pops out on/near gameday as he confirmed he would come back for the birth

I thought the birth already happened?
Possibly, I literally just saw someone mentioned it on the Carlton board earlier today but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else so just taking it with a grain of salt until we do

I’ll continue my Freo tipping streak for the year. It’s worked out for us so far

Carlton by 45 points

Either team by less than 10, should be a cracker of a game I reckon, shame it isnt in Perth, means I only get to go to one game this year (WC in August...). Screw gather round.

Freo will smash us (30 points +)

Even if they bring the same rudimentary skills as last week vs. Adelaide.

We can’t play AO at all and the losing streak will continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is Freo flattered by the ladder?

Well right now there is a little number two next to Fremantle on the ladder when it really should be a fourteen.

I guess it helps having played 15th, 16th & 17th. You'll slot in nicely just above them in good time.

(Yes I know we have beaten 13th, 14th & 16th but we are actually good, not pretend good like Freo).

Does Carlton even know how to get Adelaide oval ? They've only played there 7 times with 0 wins. Shows the weird nature of the fixture. Freo have played there 16 times in the same timeframe.

Well right now there is a little number two next to Fremantle on the ladder when it really should be a fourteen.

I guess it helps having played 15th, 16th & 17th. You'll slot in nicely just above them in good time.

(Yes I know we have beaten 13th, 14th & 16th but we are actually good, not pretend good like Freo).
Correction we'd played 14th 15th & 16th. Both teams have played North and Bris.

Bris v Carlt +1 - Bris v Freo +23
Rich v Carlt + 5 (off a six day break)
North v Carlt +56 - Bris v Freo +26 (Freo off a six day break)
Adle v Freo + 35 (off a six day break)

So, on form Fremantle has more consistent comfortable wins, we rested Fyfe vs North when it was obvious we would win.
With Rich 13th and Adle 15th there is hardly a difference in our draws.

On paper this should be the game of the round. It will be a real test for both sides and gives a better indication where both teams are.

I'm sure the players will not be underestimating each other.

It's odd to be going into a genuine 50/50 game, on a neutral ground, with both teams undefeated and having played similar opponents.
Will be a very interesting game. Hopefully it's close.
Having banked an unexpected win against the Lions up there, I'm a little less concerned about whether we win this one. Obviously the win is the better option, but it won't be doom and gloom if we lose, unless it's by a decent margin and/or we get some injuries.

I can understand why Blues are slight faves with the bookies.
Freo had a more comfortable win against Lions, but it was in WA, while ours was at the GABBA.
Blues beat North more convincingly than Freo, albeit an away game for Freo.
Richmond weren't expected to be much higher than mid-table this year, with some thinking even lower than that, but have been reasonably competitive, despite only 1 win from 4 games, but it was against a Swans side that was looking pretty strong.
Crows were tipped by many to be the team that pushes into the 8 this year, after narrowly missing out last year, but have looked putrid. Only managing 4 goals from 12 shots (and 2 rushed).

Slight edge to the Blues, but not by much. Could go either way. Fingers crossed for a tight contest.

Carlton fans on their board seem very cocky and arrogant going into this game, writing it off as a guaranteed win, to be fair I don't think any of them actually watch us so I imagine they get their news of us from the media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Freo v Blues Sat April 6th 4:20pm AEDT (AO)

Back