Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Cats v Port Fri May 10th 7:10pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow didn’t realise port hasn’t won’t at Kardinia since 2007, I wasn’t even born then
Essendon's final's drought was a mere toddler in 2007

I agree, can't call advantage once everyone has stopped on the whistle.

Shouldn't have waited a quarter to turn up or playing a big ******* Spud in the ruck who can't even beat a 4th stringer.
That was Visentini's best game by about 5000%. You guys were just the unlucky ones to cop a 'breakout' game from someone who was previously just 'promising'

look for Scott to give Zach Guthrie and Mitch Duncan more votes than Butters in the coaches votes

Great win Port.

It would have been a travesty if Geelong pinched that, Port were the better team all night.

Kenny the Cokeroach lives to fight another day, just when you think he's gone he pulls off another great win.

They deserved to win don’t get me wrong, but why do people have that view?

They smoked us for a quarter and a half. No question. Absolutely no debate about that. From that point on we got a little bit of ascendency in the latter part of the second term, were better than them in the third term by a bit, and were miles better in the last.

While we weren’t QUITE good enough in the last to do it, had we pinched another goal and a point in the fourth term, on what basis would it have been a travesty if we won?

We actually ended up getting it inside 50 more so it isn’t like we would have pinched it via a fluke of freak circumstances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, can't call advantage once everyone has stopped on the whistle.

Shouldn't have waited a quarter to turn up or playing a big ******* Spud in the ruck who can't even beat a 4th stringer.
Now, 17 years since we last won. By 5 points that time.

The trick is now not to meet you in the GF. :oops:

In other words he didn't think it was advantage.

Complete non-issue.

Focus should be on Port climbing into the premiership contending pack, or if you want something a bit spicier - the wheels falling off at Geelong.
Had the Cats been blown apart after the start they gave up, one might think about the wheels falling off but the dominance of the fight back indicates the Cats are still a force. Just didn't get it done tonight.

Game was very similar to last night's match.

Both clubs are probably due a fine for not completing concussion assessments, especially Geelong as Cameron should’ve been assessed on the bench. Did Port even do anything for JHF after that knee to the head

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Cats v Port Fri May 10th 7:10pm AEST (GMHBA)

Back