Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something like a hammy could come under the minor one but player impact is down (canā€™t sprint, kick distance lower etc) so you could choose to make the sub. But an ACL or concussion for example is straight off

Or if you're playing as the Eagles that minor hammy where you play on turns into a season-ending catastrophe.

See also: Every single time we allow a player to play on while injured

giphy.gif

I kicked a near 60m goal with....... James Worpel of all people the other night. it was hilarious!
Yet I try kick from 40 with Mitch Lewis and don't make the distance haha

Not really though, given your best 23 will change depending on ā€˜formā€™, match-ups v certain teams, experimenting with different players etc.. I get your point though with injuries during game. What do you think the best way to alert them would be? On screen alert mid game, inbox alert, included in the end of game summary like the AFL app?

Has to be on screen during the game, so you notice and can adjust things accordingly (or activate the sub ... If it's working).
Yeah this. Also wouldnā€™t hurt for the commentators to mention it or even show a small cutscene at a stoppage

How cool would be if you could practice Goal kicking
We were meant to get that in the game along with other mini games but have no clue on the time frame for that. I know they have the goal kicking minigame when you're installing the game on PS4/PS5 but it's not accessible after you've installed it.

Has to be on screen during the game, so you notice and can adjust things accordingly (or activate the sub ... If it's working).
with this, I am hoping they find a different place to show the interchanges and when tactics are changed, etc as currently it is happening where the umpire's calls are and it makes the umpire decisions show up delayed.

So if they have a different spot for the interchange and tactics notices, they can probably put the injuries in that same place. I think having Interchanges, Tactics, Umpire decisions and Injuries show in the same place going to get confusing and you might not even notice if the notice comes up after an umpire whistle etc

with this, I am hoping they find a different place to show the interchanges and when tactics are changed, etc as currently it is happening where the umpire's calls are and it makes the umpire decisions show up delayed.

So if they have a different spot for the interchange and tactics notices, they can probably put the injuries in that same place. I think having Interchanges, Tactics, Umpire decisions and Injuries show in the same place going to get confusing and you might not even notice if the notice comes up after an umpire whistle etc
Agreed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found a glitch in management mode where you can go and look at the potential draftees mid season. Offer them huge deals on 100k a year for like 6 years, then when you draft them they are automatically on that contract. I was confused why I could even do it lol but you can offer contracts to absolutely anyone at any stage of the season

Found a glitch in management mode where you can go and look at the potential draftees mid season. Offer them huge deals on 100k a year for like 6 years, then when you draft them they are automatically on that contract. I was confused why I could even do it lol but you can offer contracts to absolutely anyone at any stage of the season
Does it work with SANFL/VFL/WAFL players too?
Do you have to draft them still or does it do it automatically?

Am I not the only one who has 15 Vic Metro kids drafted before another team is even looked at? Interested to know whether thats my randomised career mode sims or whether its consistent with everyone else

Does it work with SANFL/VFL/WAFL players too?
Do you have to draft them still or does it do it automatically?
Offered a contract to a SANFL player who accepted but then it said I had to trade for him - which you canā€™t do. Then he didnā€™t appear in the draft either despite being in the previous draft. Rookie draft then rolls in but I had no picks available (not sure why as I have no rookies on my list)

One thing I've noticed reading this thread.
Is that there are many questions that Big Ant just doesn't answer that have been asked many, many times by many different people.

If something isn't going to be included - just say it isn't.
If something was initially planned but due to issues/other circumstances has hed to be taken out - then just say so.
Developing a game isn't easy - and doing a first iteration is also very difficult as it's something started from scratch - not progressively built/improved over multiple games as many sports titles are. Actually, answering questions where the answer might not be received well might be hard but if there's more transparency then I think people will be far more understanding. Selectively responding I don't think is the best approach.

And yes I know there's lots of questions bouncing around in here and not all can be answered but when you see the same questions being raised by multiple people and remaining unanswered then it does point to a selective approach.

I have an outstanding question or two, but I'm being patient and not being offended that it hasn't been answered. Saying that I have had lots of questions answered - as have many other people.

One thing I've noticed reading this thread.
Is that there are many questions that Big Ant just doesn't answer that have been asked many, many times by many different people.

If something isn't going to be included - just say it isn't.
If something was initially planned but due to issues/other circumstances has hed to be taken out - then just say so.
Developing a game isn't easy - and doing a first iteration is also very difficult as it's something started from scratch - not progressively built/improved over multiple games as many sports titles are. Actually, answering questions where the answer might not be received well might be hard but if there's more transparency then I think people will be far more understanding. Selectively responding I don't think is the best approach.

And yes I know there's lots of questions bouncing around in here and not all can be answered but when you see the same questions being raised by multiple people and remaining unanswered then it does point to a selective approach.
This is where a lot of frustration comes from from many of the posters on here with some even being blocked due to it.

Just an answer or a simple yes/no it won't be in the game or management mode etc. That's all is needed.

This is where a lot of frustration comes from from many of the posters on here with some even being blocked due to it.

Just an answer or a simple yes/no it won't be in the game or management mode etc. That's all is needed.
They made the game, they can respond as they like. Just because someone on a forum asks a question doesn't mean they need to bend over backwards to answer it, especially if it has been asked many times before or it is asked in what may be construed as an abrasive tone.
You're not getting this level of question answering from EA or 2K devs.

Couldnā€™t agree more with this!! I get not every question would/should be answered but the overwhelming majority of the same ones that allude to the issues weā€™ve all had playing the game deserve an answer. At the end of the day weā€™ve all paid money for a product, we all want it to be enjoyable and hell if thereā€™s a direct line to ask questions, why not do so respectfully?

They made the game, they can respond as they like.
Made a game that was flawed, promises not kept, details on box left out of game. The questions are based on information that were provided and promised. I think if these have been broken then an honest reason why is required due to people purchasing the game based on these promises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back