Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue is that we haven't been told if management mode is how it was meant to be or is there more.

Ross said himself whatever is on the back of the box is whatā€™s included, Iā€™ll re quote not just whatā€™s on the box but a detailed break down from the afl website:

You'll also be able to employ gameplans designed with the help of AFL coaches to give your team the tactical edge. The new management career mode will allow fans to take full control of their team, from recruiting, drafting and player development to deciding the game-day tactics and structures as they chase the premiership cup.

Each player will also have their own unique traits, allowing users to play to the individual strengths of the stars on their team.

So again, Iā€™d love someone to tell me how they think that there is anymore to be added when that is literally everything thatā€™s in game currently.

I find that hard to take as a definite, as a comment in a stream can be taken a million different ways.
It was pretty direct but even if this was the case, itā€™s not hard to clarify things. This is literally what causes all of the confusion in the first place.
We as consumers expect to buy a sports game with a management thatā€™s fully up to date unless specified otherwise. Clearly management mode isnā€™t feature complete if Ross is willing to make comments like that and I donā€™t understand the secrecy behind it. The game is out. Thereā€™s no NDAā€™s specified around management mode.

EDIT: Not to mention we were promised the deepest AFL game of all time and AFL 23ā€™s current management mode doesnā€™t even scratch the surface of Evo 2 let alone the bigger titles like FIFA and 2K which is the comparison we should allegedly be making

Last edited:

It was pretty direct but even if this was the case, itā€™s not hard to clarify things. This is literally what causes all of the confusion in the first place.
We as consumers expect to buy a sports game with a management thatā€™s fully up to date unless specified otherwise. Clearly management mode isnā€™t feature complete if Ross is willing to make comments like that and I donā€™t understand the secrecy behind it. The game is out. Thereā€™s no NDAā€™s specified around management mode
I think management mode wasnā€™t even ready at release, and due to the setback, they havenā€™t had time to work it out yet.

Last edited:
So what does season mode currently entail? Is it just pick a side and play 22 play now games?

Is there a fantasy/serpentine draft option with all of the leagues players?

Made a game that was flawed, promises not kept, details on box left out of game. The questions are based on information that were provided and promised. I think if these have been broken then an honest reason why is required due to people purchasing the game based on these promises.
The X-Box example is a notable one. 'Shipping delays'... and then?

Ultimately things happen and conversing with consumers is a good thing but if it's done in an obviously selective manner then it's just basically tweets on an internet forum.

So the question is

ā€˜Is there anything more coming to Management Mode?ā€™
And if so,
ā€˜What is there, and when might we expect it to be released?ā€™

Thereā€¦ asked nicelyā€¦ šŸ˜€
But to be fair, if BigAntStudios or JNT BA donā€™t answer, then who am I to tell why they choose not to.
  • could be a no
  • couldā€™ve been answered already
  • could be the added pressure for a timeline
  • could be political

Another goal celebration glitch
Player kicks the goal, celebration camera showed part of the goal before zooming in and did a scan around the crowd....... but at seat level (so I saw a lot of legs and not faces). Thought it was strange and yes I need to capture LIVE in game footage more often so these glitches can get seen and highlighted more instead of just text versions.

Also - -

vj0Md0A.png

Marvel screens love a sponsor board :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the question is

ā€˜Is there anything more coming to Management Mode?ā€™
And if so,
ā€˜What is there, and when might we expect it to be released?ā€™

Thereā€¦ asked nicelyā€¦ šŸ˜€
But to be fair, if BigAntStudios or JNT BA donā€™t answer, then who am I to tell why they choose not to.
  • could be a no
  • couldā€™ve been answered already
  • could be the added pressure for a timeline
  • could be political
NvsOTz.gif

I just had a bug. (Yes, even us cheerleaders get them)
Marked the ball to the side of the goals and then my son gave away a 50m so my player ran backwards in a diagonal line to the top of the goal square.

Not enough for me to demand a refund though or even start a ticket. I'll survive. It was rather funny to watch.

Love this one

Give away a 50m penalty from their kick in.
Player standing just outside of the player of the mark, catches the ball the AI kicked... not 15 (acceptable), player gets tackled and instant holding the ball LOL

Something else to note, I'm sure others may have picked up on it... but when playing another person I've noticed that holding the ball happens so much more frequently in tackling, than it does against AI opponents. Just think it's weird, I'm tackling the same way but am being rewarded for it more in actual human games.

Love this one

Give away a 50m penalty from their kick in.
Player standing just outside of the player of the mark, catches the ball the AI kicked... not 15 (acceptable), player gets tackled and instant holding the ball LOL

Something else to note, I'm sure others may have picked up on it... but when playing another person I've noticed that holding the ball happens so much more frequently in tackling, than it does against AI opponents. Just think it's weird, I'm tackling the same way but am being rewarded for it more in actual human games.

I've had that holding the ball a couple of times too. It doesn't seem fair but if there is sufficient opportunity I guess it fits the rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back