Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

broadcast far - i like the fact I can see what is in front - playstyle of playing out wide, i like being able to clearly see what is in the fwd 50 and hit a target by foot.

I use side close, but at a very far angle lol (height 90 FOV 85) so they look like ants but not quite as far away as side normal or side far. Ideally I want the camera to be closer to the players (so I can see the detail in them) but alas I've got the camera on side close (yet it's not very close at all). My replay videos have players closer to the screen than the actual live play.

I could honestly throw my controller through my tv screen. Playing management mode, just lost my last game and 2 mins left of the next game 50 points up coasting to a win, middle of play. Game just crashed. Are you actually kidding me. How the **** is this shit still happening.

PS5 - basics such as being able to change / choose player and have the buttons I press actually work in game would be nice. So frustrating watching your player in the clear and get nothing out of pressing for a handball or a kick and then getting run down....its just shit.

Anyone else having the error when trying to create or share a player/team that it continually comes up with ā€œNetwork connection error, check your connectionā€?

There is definitely not a network connection error on my end and only does it to a select few created players not every one.

Anyone else having the error when trying to create or share a player/team that it continually comes up with ā€œNetwork connection error, check your connectionā€?

There is definitely not a network connection error on my end and only does it to a select few created players not every one.
You can't share teams with Key Defenders or Key Forwards. Long standing bug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ofcourse I have. I've made a few teams myself...
I really hope they fix that, I need to share a few teams to the servers as I've moved from the PS5 to PC so I can use the SVG import feature. A standalone Acadamy would have been nice to have in this case so I could use without needing the PC version but with all the updates Steam was getting and the fact that they get everything first kinda made me move to that version as well.

I really hope they fix that, I need to share a few teams to the servers as I've moved from the PS5 to PC so I can use the SVG import feature. A standalone Acadamy would have been nice to have in this case so I could use without needing the PC version but with all the updates Steam was getting and the fact that they get everything first kinda made me move to that version as well.
That's pretty much why I went Steam first. My console is an XBox...
I prepped a whole heap of logos and sponsors for guernseys and now I add them slowly but surely.

Saying that, I've reached my cap on custom teams so I am just making the guernseys for now. (I have just made custom guernseys for my 57th custom team and I've completed guernseys, stadiums, adboards, rosters etc for my allotted 32 custom teams.)

Last edited:
Iā€™m seeing quite a few recent posts regarding the positive updates in the new PS4 patchā€¦
The thread isnā€™t nearly as negative as you say.
Below are the posts in the few pages before my post and after everyone just wanted to ā€œtalk about the gameā€. Sure thereā€™s a few positive posts in amongst it all but even some of those list the good with the bad.

Bottom line seems to be, for everything good about the game thereā€™s 2-3 things that need attention, require answering/clarification on or require fixes.

I think itā€™s much easier to find the negatives of the game because thereā€™s so many and many that have been there since day 1.
Play now seems to work fine on ps5 aside from the interchange and sub which is horrendous. The sub rule is non existent they come on in the first quarter and everyone else on the bench does rotate.

We tried out management mode and season mode and again major issues with the bench but anytime we would manually try and make a change to tactics or interchange the game would crash every time so we turned it off out of frustration.

I'm on console on hardest difficulty so I haven't received any patches since tactics were introduced, but my god it's just not fun to play anymore.

A week since we were meant to hear about managmeent mode updates, and we've only heard an explanation about how the progression system works. Still know nothing about management mode plans.

This is 90% because the game is no good.

For AFL23, during what should be my peak playing time (first 5 weeks) I have played a total of 20 hours.

This game is not improving. Arguably it is if you include adding features and artwork, but from a key gameplay POV, itā€™s still a terrible experience.

Every single gripe that has been posted on here since day 1 with regards to the gameplay issues remain.

So that looks like an animation blending problem.
The bump (and being bumped) animation, blending into a goal kicking animationā€¦

All these issues have been there since day 1, and simply havenā€™t been fixed.

IMO this game is not genuinely improving in terms of core gameplay and controllability.

Looks like the push in the back animation happens at the same time the goal kicking happens and both got mashed together

Do we think the sub will ever work

Game is laughable when players running into their left have the ball do some weird s**t then magically transport onto to their right foot for the animation to play out.

Another instance where itā€™s 2 animations mashed together

Played it for the first time in a few weeks. I was enjoying the game then but itā€™s just garbage now.

Yeah I donā€™t think thereā€™s a ā€˜kicking left foot and getting tackledā€™ animationā€¦ which is why it looks like they switch foot mid tackle.

This was one of the support tickets I sent through a couple of weeks ago.
Would be nice if it looked better.

Just played a game in management mode, and had a player in my 22 get injuired but with no alert/notification didn't find out to end of the game.

Can there be an alert of some sort in the actual game @BigAntStudios ??

you should really be notified of injured players through ALL the following ways:

Patch notes for PS4? @BigAntStudios

Played a couple of games last night. Is the gameplay supposed to be like a tennis match, flinging from one side of the field to the other? No matter how much I want to play proper football the game forces me to have to run and link with handballs until I find a marking option inside F50.

I want to be able to chip it around, slow the general pace of the game down because it's frantic right now and it doesn't mirror footy at all IMO.

Bugs i noticed:
- When marking, you sometimes just stand still as if it's play on instead of it being an official grab, this is either a bug or it's play-on because it was touched off the boot or by the defender, i am not sure. Definitely seems off.

I tried my first game in 2 weeks, put it down after a quarter. Really is just lacking something to keep me coming back.

Sure do love it when the AI decides to spoil an uncontested mark because it decided that I wanted to switch to Libba 10 metres away instead of Bontempelli where the ball was going.

Also an all new AI bug that I haven't encountered yet where the opponent takes a mark and the umpire just doesn't call play on when he runs off leaving the man on the mark just standing there.

Below are the posts in the few pages before my post and after everyone just wanted to ā€œtalk about the gameā€. Sure thereā€™s a few positive posts in amongst it all but even some of those list the good with the bad.

Bottom line seems to be, for everything good about the game thereā€™s 2-3 things that need attention, require answering/clarification on or require fixes.

I think itā€™s much easier to find the negatives of the game because thereā€™s so many and many that have been there since day 1.

Yep, I agree with this sentiment. I've been bullish that things would improve when we were getting daily patches with significant improvements. I thought when we moved to weekly we'd essentially be getting five one day patches worth of improvements with less knee jerk fixes needed, so I stayed bullish.

However, it feels like the dev team remaining on AFL has now been cut back and the weekly patches from a gameplay perspective are equal to one or two days of daily patching.

For all that Ross says they are separate teams, what happens to the AFL team once the game is launched? They just sit around playing poker until afl 25 commences development? Obviously they move to a different project, and it seems very likely that has already happened for at least some of the team. Otherwise can't see why they'd stop daily patching

Otherwise can't see why they'd stop daily patching

Personally thought daily patching was a silly idea. There's nowhere near enough time to test them before they're deployed, which is why we kept seeing new issues pop up or previously patched issues make a return a few patches later. There's a reason why daily patching is so rare in the industry.

Seems especially silly when Big Ant keep pushing the line that the game was working well pre-launch then the day one patch broke everything. Why would their solution to a poorly tested patch be ... poorly tested patches released every single day? šŸ¤£ Makes no sense.

And the strategy, predictably, didn't work, as the game still isn't fixed or BaCk Of ThE bOx feature-complete. Unless it was never in a great state pre-launch of course...

Personally thought daily patching was a silly idea. There's nowhere near enough time to test them before they're deployed, which is why we kept seeing new issues pop up or previously patched issues make a return a few patches later. There's a reason why daily patching is so rare in the industry.

Seems especially silly when Big Ant keep pushing the line that the game was working well pre-launch then the day one patch broke everything. Why would their solution to a poorly tested patch be ... poorly tested patches released every single day? šŸ¤£ Makes no sense.

And the strategy, predictably, didn't work, as the game still isn't fixed or BaCk Of ThE bOx feature-complete. Unless it was never in a great state pre-launch of course...

Don't disagree re daily patching, but I don't think they've gone to weekly just for stability reasons - definitely seems like the allocated resource has reduced.

Think whatever you like, there is broader, external testing of the patches.

The great thing about daily patches is the regular updates, the downside is stability as there is not enough time to test between releases. We are beholden to the external test cycle, if bus are found then the patch is withheld.

A few posts from people that would be overall considered the more positive posters too. Most of it seems to be constructive criticism which is what we need. As long as theyā€™re also reporting to BA I see no issue with most of those posts.
Iā€™ve been quite a positive person in here but Iā€™ve definitely also had my say on issues that need to be addressed.

A few posts from people that would be overall considered the more positive posters too.
Which is exactly what I said i.e some positive posts in amongst it all.
Most of it seems to be constructive criticism which is what we need.
Correct but I was pointing out that there are many negative posts, constructive or not. I didnā€™t just make it up!
Iā€™ve been quite a positive person in here but Iā€™ve definitely also had my say on issues that need to be addressed.
As you should.

Iā€™m not sure if you were disagreeing with my post or simply reiterating what I already said šŸ¤”

A few posts from people that would be overall considered the more positive posters too. Most of it seems to be constructive criticism which is what we need. As long as theyā€™re also reporting to BA I see no issue with most of those posts.
I think what would help, is if people start posting at the bottom of each post what version they are on. Atleast until we have version/patch parity. Because some of those posts could be from people on PS5 and they may not have have the most up to date patch. To be fair, Itā€™s not their fault but I reckon it would help in providing some context because it would seem that the Ps4 patch improves things. Just an idea šŸ¤·šŸ»

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back