Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross & JNT has replied on multiple AFL, Cricket threads.

They've basically replied in one thread on the AFL channel. Plenty being let through to the keeper which will drive people away pretty quick. The only reason to post there for 90% of people would be feedback from them, not to chat amongst yourselves. Other forums exist for that.

Plenty being let through to the keeper which will drive people away pretty quick.
Honestly, it feels like the only reason theyā€™ve created their own forum is to control the narrative and to not have to put up with the constant criticisms without the ability to remove people or posts.

The exact same questions that went unanswered here are not being answered over there so it seems petty futile having a forum for direct access to the dev team when thereā€™s no new info being shared.

Not hating on the BA forum, it just doesnā€™t seem to be serving its purpose.

Honestly, it feels like the only reason theyā€™ve created their own forum is to control the narrative and to not have to put up with the constant criticisms without the ability to remove people or posts.

The exact same questions that went unanswered here are not being answered over there so it seems petty futile having a forum for direct access to the dev team when thereā€™s no new info being shared.

Not hating on the BA forum, it just doesnā€™t seem to be serving its purpose.
This is 100% it. It's a safe space for Ross. His own little echo chamber.

They've basically replied in one thread on the AFL channel. Plenty being let through to the keeper which will drive people away pretty quick. The only reason to post there for 90% of people would be feedback from them, not to chat amongst yourselves. Other forums exist for that.
They have definitely replied on more than 1 thread in the AFL. JNT answered about set shots, Ross posted on an Xbox thread, academy thread etc. they have done the same with cricket thread too. IMG_3025.jpeg IMG_3026.jpeg IMG_3027.jpeg

This is 100% it. It's a safe space for Ross. His own little echo chamber.

I feel like Nacon have stepped in with both the external testing of patches and the way BigAnt communicates with people.

A great result for consumers if BigAnt can get back to testing their games before release and Ross can tone it down a lot.

I wonder if thereā€™s issues with the console patches and theyā€™ve been sent back to BA for constant rectification.

Itā€™s certainly been a while and another week already since a Steam patch.
If this is the case and the wait is due to proper and efficient testing, Iā€™m actually not opposed to waiting to be honest. Would much prefer that than a buggy undertested patch and be stuck with it for a week

If this is the case and the wait is due to proper and efficient testing, Iā€™m actually not opposed to waiting to be honest.
It would certainly be the best for the game but some communication would be handy also to let people know.

ATM itā€™s just the repeated ā€œitā€™s out of our control and in Naconā€™s handsā€ so no one has a clue when anything is coming.

I wonder if thereā€™s issues with the console patches and theyā€™ve been sent back to BA for constant rectification.

Itā€™s certainly been a while and another week already since a Steam patch.
Yeah this would have to be the case at this point
2 weeks since the last PS5 patch and 1 week since the last steam patch

Although in saying that, considering they can ā€˜roll backā€™ a patch on steam, itā€™s pretty disappointing that they havenā€™t actually kept to their ā€˜most daysā€™ plan

They have definitely replied on more than 1 thread in the AFL. JNT answered about set shots, Ross posted on an Xbox thread, academy thread etc. they have done the same with cricket thread too.

There are about 2 new content items in all of those comments. The vast majority is just Ross repeating the same stuff about platform exclusives, JNT stating they can't give patch info, etc.

No info about what may be coming to management mode, or what gameplay updates are being worked on, or vague patch timelines. Just a lift and shift from Bigfooty to there essentially, thought with their own board they may try to formalise proactive comms a bit more but not to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™m eagerly waiting for the training and tutorials. 6 weeks in and for example we still donā€™t have specific clarity on the ins and outs of how the setshot bar is meant to work. Sometimes Iā€™ll hit the blue and it sails through, other times it will hook badly dependant on the power. If i hit before the blue it goes in but the ball will drift through, opposed to a well timed kick with the ball spinning backwards- which only seems to happen when it hits the blue. Does moving the crosshair up as high as it goes affect kick distance/accuracy? Can you overpower the kick? What does orange mean in the power metre? Itā€™s a complex goal kicking system which I appreciate, but we need a thorough explanation in tutorials for how it exactly works!

Had another game today after not playing for about a week or so. Pickett had a shot at goal in the first minute and the shot bar stayed under him the whole game. Handballing is a lottery and goes all over the shop. (might be user error that one)

The ball got stuck in my forward line for a couple of minutes as Gawn would tap it to oliver then get tackled straight away. Kept trying to goal kick but nothing.

I kicked 8.10 to 7 straight. So they just weren't missing. Feels like its to fast to work out who has the ball sometimes. But overall not an enjoyable experince playing. Especially considering I am just playing a season so feels like its going to drag until finals.

Iā€™m eagerly waiting for the training and tutorials. 6 weeks in and for example we still donā€™t have specific clarity on the ins and outs of how the setshot bar is meant to work. Sometimes Iā€™ll hit the blue and it sails through, other times it will hook badly dependant on the power. If i hit before the blue it goes in but the ball will drift through, opposed to a well timed kick with the ball spinning backwards- which only seems to happen when it hits the blue. Does moving the crosshair up as high as it goes affect kick distance/accuracy? Can you overpower the kick? What does orange mean in the power metre? Itā€™s a complex goal kicking system which I appreciate, but we need a thorough explanation in tutorials for how it exactly works!
There's a thread in the Big Ant boards now specifically on goal kicking with similar questions.
Agree that these would be better in a Tutorial mode in the game.

They tweeted a while back that, for the Power Meter, Orange/Red is just longer... and it's ok to go into those, but it'll shrink the size of the strike zone in the accuracy meter.

Iā€™ve mostly lost interest now which is a bit unfortunate as Iā€™ve been eagerly awaiting the next PS5 patch but thereā€™s just not enough longevity in the current game to keep me coming back for more. 2 weeks without a run and countingā€¦..
I reckon I've also lost a bit of interest on PS5, just knowing there's two patch updates out on Steam which I really want.

Marking (from BA Boards):-

players move up against each other, [but] the current setup for marking contests there is no added jostling mechanic taken into account

So when the controls say ā€˜bump/jostleā€™, does that more refer to jostling when running next to each other in general gameplay, rather than jostling in a marking contest?

Yeah, this actually would be the best way to view it which is also in the lead-up while the players are getting into the specific marking contest mechanic itself as well.

This is interesting. No way to currently jostle in a marking contest... however you can while running to a contest, next to a player.... Has anyone seen/done this?

Marking (from BA Boards):-

players move up against each other, [but] the current setup for marking contests there is no added jostling mechanic taken into account

So when the controls say ā€˜bump/jostleā€™, does that more refer to jostling when running next to each other in general gameplay, rather than jostling in a marking contest?

Yeah, this actually would be the best way to view it which is also in the lead-up while the players are getting into the specific marking contest mechanic itself as well.

This is interesting. No way to currently jostle in a marking contest... however you can while running to a contest, next to a player.... Has anyone seen/done this?

Pretty sure that's just incorrect. Jostling is an animation which has no impact on the contest other than position. Pre animation I've never been able to bump or jostle. And it's too early anyway. The time when the animation is in play is when jostling should be done.

Pretty sure evo did this fairly well didn't it? Could push players under the ball etc

Pretty sure that's just incorrect. Jostling is an animation which has no impact on the contest other than position. Pre animation I've never been able to bump or jostle. And it's too early anyway. The time when the animation is in play is when jostling should be done.

Pretty sure evo did this fairly well didn't it? Could push players under the ball etc
Yep, could even bump or stand your ground when an opponent bumps you too. Marking was really good in Evo if you knew what you were doing.

I've bumped a player before, but in general play while they had the footy.
Can't say I've tried to bump any other time though.

'Jostling' though, in real life, could be two players running side by side off the ball... that does happen.... so I'm wondering if that's in the game but I just haven't seen it.

I've bumped a player before, but in general play while they had the footy.
Can't say I've tried to bump any other time though.

'Jostling' though, in real life, could be two players running side by side off the ball... that does happen.... so I'm wondering if that's in the game but I just haven't seen it.

Really? How did you do that? Didn't someone recently say the right stick is for tackling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back