Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll never understand the communication/marketing of BigAnt
They’ve teased either this week or next as the release of ProTeam. Why can’t it ever be a definitive answer with them ?
There’s no NDA’s or any of that shit with the chosen release date considering it’s obviously passed the approval process. It genuinely feels like they leave all the marketing to the work experience kids.

I guess everyone knows how the saying goes about common sense 😏

They’ve teased either this week or next as the release of ProTeam. Why can’t it ever be a definitive answer with them ?

I find it funny how they even imply to read between the lines and then it’s ‘obvious’ yet nothing can just be stated clearly because by this point, why would they? Being transparent has done wonders for these clowns so far 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

I find it funny how they even imply to read between the lines and then it’s ‘obvious’ yet nothing can just be stated clearly because by this point, why would they? Being transparent has done wonders for these clowns so far 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️
Exactly. It’s that smug attitude of old mate Ross the boss.
‘I know everything thanks to irrefutable industry data and you’re all peasants who don’t deserve any transparency. You’ll get it when you get it, now leave me alone peasants otherwise I’ll block you mofos’

Considering the amount of times they've been called out for this, it's impressive they have taken exactly zero steps to address it. Happier just to make jokes and be condescending to others with a select few superfans.

Extremely unprofessional outfit.

I’ll never understand the communication/marketing of BigAnt
There’s no NDA’s or any of that shit with the chosen release date considering it’s obviously passed the approval process. It genuinely feels like they leave all the marketing to the work experience kids.

I guess everyone knows how the saying goes about common sense 😏

They don't learn. And everything they do contradicts something else they've said.

They can't comment on the approvals process. So why can they now tell us it's "soon"?

As soon as it's approved, it will go live. So... is it approved? Then why isn't it live? And if it's not approved why are you teasing soon, as I thought the next update will be that it's approved and gone live?

The number 1 complaint against them is communication. So their response. "Something" might be coming "soon". But we won't say what "something" is or when "soon" is. Honestly, why bother at this point? Why not just drop the thing when it's ready or stfu until you can say a concrete date?

They don't learn. And everything they do contradicts something else they've said.

They can't comment on the approvals process. So why can they now tell us it's "soon"?

As soon as it's approved, it will go live. So... is it approved? Then why isn't it live? And if it's not approved why are you teasing soon, as I thought the next update will be that it's approved and gone live?

The number 1 complaint against them is communication. So their response. "Something" might be coming "soon". But we won't say what "something" is or when "soon" is. Honestly, why bother at this point? Why not just drop the thing when it's ready or stfu until you can say a concrete date?
Spot on.
It feels like they’re toying with us at this point and have no real intention to promote the product

Spot on.
It feels like they’re toying with us at this point and have no real intention to promote the product

Thats ok, look at their track record of releasing garbage, broken, delayed games one after the next. They can stir the pot and pick and choose what to ignore but the results speak for themselves.

At what stage of the season does it become almost pointless even releasing the Pro Team mode? I guess with AFLW going into November there is still quite a few months of footy left. But releasing this late into the year really isn't ideal.
You almost wonder if it's a ploy to delay it until next season now. I have read that the Rugby game is a shocker. I have just started a career in Cricket 24 (on gamepass) and so far it has not changed since 2019 version.

Rhys Stanley from one end of the ground to the other, breaking tackles along the way :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Mihochek doesn’t dive for a tackle is beyond me. Got close so many times and never attempted 😂
Don't know what everyone is complaining off, it's how Collingwood basically play right now ;)

Art Running GIF by Aya Murata

H9V73kL.png

20 minute quarter slug fest

I thought I let the AI get too far ahead in the final quarter - especially when 5+ minutes went by without a goal to be scored. They were like a brick wall at times - both sides would get it down to the forward line only to be stopped, then they'd get on a run to their own forward line, then they'd get stopped - rinse and repeat for minutes!!!

To get level I had to kick 12* goals in 6 minutes (real time). Thought it wasn't going to happen, then like an RKO out of nowhere I just went bang bang bang bang, broke the Collingwood defence into smithereens. And won by 38 points hahaha.

Happy 9 weeks since submission boys 🥵
And 7 weeks since release date tomorrow.

We haven't really touched on it but I'll tell you what, they'd want to hope this mode runs flawlessly.

A 2 month delay on a single game mode (evidently so they could add improvements), after 14 months of post release development, after whatever other pre-release development was done? Mate. This thing better be air tight.

Rhys Stanley from one end of the ground to the other, breaking tackles along the way :p

What an awful video game. This is barely better than the conga lines that occurred when the game first released.

The game logic of where the potentially tackling players run to is awful.

What an awful video game. This is barely better than the conga lines that occurred when the game first released.

The game logic of where the potentially tackling players run to is awful.
Whilst the game is much more enjoyable now, the AI movement is baffling to say the least

Imagine the CEO coming out and saying they’ve had assistant AFL coaches in the office to help write the AI and then dishing out this. Which part of the AI did they help with exactly ?
The part where the field is set up like an early 2000’s game ? The part where AI runs away from the contest once a tackle is laid ? The part where overload left or right from the kick in genuinely means jack all and has zero effect ? Or maybe the part where the AI opposition kicks it back and fourth in the backline like they’re genuinely trying to stat pad ?
Even the Evo games had better AI. Smh

Imagine the CEO coming out and saying they’ve had assistant AFL coaches in the office to help write the AI and then dishing out this. Which part of the AI did they help with exactly ?

Tbh it’s probably very likely that whatever insight the coaches offered, the big boss just told them they were wrong and he overruled them based on irrefutable industry data 🤣 Bevo probably had a whiff of it and decided ‘Nah leave me out of this trash’

So now they're going to drip feed pics of content that should have been released over a year ago? 😂

Last edited:

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back