Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The choice is put up with this mess with BA or go without a game for a console generation or two.
BA shot themselves in the foot with the promises and big time talk that went on prior to it actually being released.

Ross set it up to be the greatest AFL game ever and then when it was released, it was literally the exact opposite. Since day 1 of release BA have had to play catch up yet have still not caught up. BA have still not provided what exactly happened which to me could mean a few things, someone is to blame and they won't admit it, it was not properly tested prior to release, the initial patch completely tore away layers of code etc. and leaving the turd that was playable.

The biggest mistake Ross made was over-promising and then under delivering. It will always leave a sour taste in a consumers mouth when they feel lied to.

The red flags were all there from day one guys. I have zero sympathy for anyone that bought the game.

I knew what was going to happen and still went in kamikaze style days after launch. Sometimes you've just got to experience it yourself instead of word of mouth. On the bright side I didn't pay for it.

But it's been fun sharing the videos :)

The red flags were all there from day one guys. I have zero sympathy for anyone that bought the game.
Honestly, I wish I was like you and saw Ross for who he is from day one. I blame the Rose-tinted glasses from AFL Live 2011...

Frankly, If there is one thing I've learned from this is to never trust BA ever again with whatever they say. They're probably lying through their teeth.

BA shot themselves in the foot with the promises and big time talk that went on prior to it actually being released.

Ross set it up to be the greatest AFL game ever and then when it was released, it was literally the exact opposite. Since day 1 of release BA have had to play catch up yet have still not caught up. BA have still not provided what exactly happened which to me could mean a few things, someone is to blame and they won't admit it, it was not properly tested prior to release, the initial patch completely tore away layers of code etc. and leaving the turd that was playable.

The biggest mistake Ross made was over-promising and then under delivering. It will always leave a sour taste in a consumers mouth when they feel lied to.
Exactly... And the only reason he probably did that was because he so desperately wanted to make himself look like the AFL Gaming God and wanted to make everything that came before him look like crap because of everything that happened 10 years ago. This was not a passion project of love, This was a passion project of spite and it shows. If they actually cared about having this stuff in the game, They would have taken their sweet time to get everything right and released it when it was fully ready. Not rushed it out like this.

Not sure about this attitude. People bought the game because they were desperate for a good AFL game.

It's a much different scale but it has parallels to having no sympathy for a girl who gets back into an abusive relationship. Like sure, it's a bad decision by her, but one she made due to confused emotions and an optimistic/positive attitude, and desperation that things will turn around and she will end up happy. Or possibly fear haha which applies less in this case.

But point being, the blame is with Big Ant entirely. People are entitled to buy a product and expect it's up to standard. There's no blame for them, only for the company that failed to deliver as advertised

I thought when he went after WW and their ex-employer that meant they were really going to not only match Evo 2 on the basic mechanics, but exceed it 100+. Went backwards 100,000+.

Agree there - there was a lot of talk and bugger all show. Keep it under wraps, keep expectations low, then people can build their opinions/fantasies on what they actually see. A life lesson that we've all been through - teenage Palmomagpie texting the ladies saying "come watch me play I'm good", lasses show up to my match and I get 1 touch and a torn hammy. Nacon appear to have put the clamps on now - fingers crossed they've had some sort of media advisor get involved and start working on not damaging PR anymore
Id be astounded if Nacons higher ups would be happy with Ross going on public forums abusing his consumers, pretty counter productive business model lmao, highly likely they've done a houdini to their own site forum under a directive.

AFL needs to take some of the blame for the debacle

Theyā€™ve Clearly wanted a 2023 release, you arenā€™t getting a polished new iteration of the sport with 2 years of development
Surely the onus is on the developer to set realistic release dates and give themselves enough time to get a game to a sufficent standard.

Can't imagine the AFL has a great deal of say in those sort of decisions, get the cash for the licence and leave developing the game to the developer haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is 100%

I brought up putting AFLW into this as a red flag but hey all that got was a plethora of abuse from a bunch of white knights so some of them got what they wanted really. An AFL game missing a load of features on release shipping with an apparently must have feature that 99.5% of them won't ever use.

Xbox says August now on EB so I dunno, I'm thinking I'll never get the chance to buy it anyway.

I brought up putting AFLW into this as a red flag but hey all that got was a plethora of abuse from a bunch of white knights so some of them got what they wanted really. An AFL game missing a load of features on release shipping with an apparently must have feature that 99.5% of them won't ever use.

Xbox says August now on EB so I dunno, I'm thinking I'll never get the chance to buy it anyway.

The AFLW plays far better than the men in the game!!

I said ages ago that this was an AFLW game by stealth!!!!! The AFL was secondary :p

Last edited:
I brought up putting AFLW into this as a red flag but hey all that got was a plethora of abuse from a bunch of white knights
How is the AFLW a red flag? An AFL game should have both menā€™s and womenā€™s. I donā€™t think having the Womenā€™s game is what made the game bad

And as Xtreme said the AFLW is actually maybe plays better than AFL and the commentary in the AFLW is also good

AFLW was not a red flag. Wicked Witch were able to incorporate it seamlessly. The red flag was the company making the game thinking it was for the best to not show gameplay, not explain mechanics, not host play sessions, come up with a shiity delay excuse, and having a CEO that trolls consumers.

Yeah naaaaah. There were a lot of red flags but the inclusion of the womens' league was not one of them.

Been checking out this guy's stream when he's playing AFL 23 over the last few weeks, not sure if he scripts his matches but he seems to allow them to get a bit lead, then he'll work on the comeback in the second half (or the final quarter). He's getting good at kicking the winning score in the last 10 seconds of the game!

Watched for a minute just then, jesus the game is still so far off being acceptable. Shit like players still running right through the mark at this stage? Madness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back