Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The supplier I purchased from are allowing me to return my copy for a full refund which was a pleasant surprise. Held out for over 3 months hoping progress would be made, but unfortunately it's come to return time. Maybe i'll purchase the game second hand in the future if progress eventually gets made, but have lost interest in it for now.

I mean, i want Big Ant to succeed, i don't like seeing things like this and i am rooting for them. I hope they are just going through a few setbacks and can get back on the horse etc. I think there are people like myself who were actually saddened by what occurred at launch for AFL23 and wanted things to be great.

It pained me to read the reviews of the game on JB-HiFi website. As I agree, as much as i enjoy elements of the game, it does or did feel unfinished and the people reacted accordingly, but i hope you can update the game and get it to some kind of standard that you like and the fans are happy with.

The optimist side of me thinks they can get things back on track, but I think at some point, they will need communicate a plan and maybe to re-market the game or release a 2nd version next year or the year after, with an update on what they plan etc..

So Big Ant if you read this, there are many of us who want you to do well and support you pushing through this period etc and who are fans of your back catalogue..

I just hope you get a break. It's a pretty stacked year and good luck. Hopefully you can get it out on Xbox soon too.

The supplier I purchased from are allowing me to return my copy for a full refund which was a pleasant surprise. Held out for over 3 months hoping progress would be made, but unfortunately it's come to return time. Maybe i'll purchase the game second hand in the future if progress eventually gets made, but have lost interest in it for now.
How many games have they done that for I wonder

I mean, i want Big Ant to succeed, i don't like seeing things like this and i am rooting for them. I hope they are just going through a few setbacks and can get back on the horse etc. I think there are people like myself who were actually saddened by what occurred at launch for AFL23 and wanted things to be great.

It pained me to read the reviews of the game on JB-HiFi website. As I agree, as much as i enjoy elements of the game, it does or did feel unfinished and the people reacted accordingly, but i hope you can update the game and get it to some kind of standard that you like and the fans are happy with.

The optimist side of me thinks they can get things back on track, but I think at some point, they will need communicate a plan and maybe to re-market the game or release a 2nd version next year or the year after, with an update on what they plan etc..

So Big Ant if you read this, there are many of us who want you to do well and support you pushing through this period etc and who are fans of your back catalogue..

I just hope you get a break. It's a pretty stacked year and good luck. Hopefully you can get it out on Xbox soon too.

Agree on absolutely all of this! I wanted the game to be great too but Iā€™ve also given it 4 months and to me its almost as bad as launch day šŸ˜…. If they want to turn things around, Big Ant really need a new marketing team and not have Ross flapping his gums on message boards because clearly that did them no favours. A lot of people drank his kool aid and now its backfired massively and if Cricket 24 bombs out that could be all she wrote for Big Antā€™s sport games. Assuming there will be a next AFL game, dont announce it until its ready, dont show ā€˜buildsā€™ of it because obviously things get massively taken out of context and finally promote the F out of it in the final 4 weeks leading to release. Good luck to them.

Agree on absolutely all of this! I wanted the game to be great too but Iā€™ve also given it 4 months and to me its almost as bad as launch day šŸ˜…. If they want to turn things around, Big Ant really need a new marketing team and not have Ross flapping his gums on message boards because clearly that did them no favours. A lot of people drank his kool aid and now its backfired massively and if Cricket 24 bombs out that could be all she wrote for Big Antā€™s sport games. Assuming there will be a next AFL game, dont announce it until its ready, dont show ā€˜buildsā€™ of it because obviously things get massively taken out of context and finally promote the F out of it in the final 4 weeks leading to release. Good luck to them.
Sounds so simple in hindsight doesnā€™t it.
Makes you wonder how they got it so awfully wrong. Not just the game itself, but literally everything to do with it.
Iā€™d love to believe theyā€™ll learn from this but I just canā€™t see it.
Feel like thereā€™s some egoā€™s that just canā€™t be swayed

Sounds so simple in hindsight doesnā€™t it.
Makes you wonder how they got it so awfully wrong. Not just the game itself, but literally everything to do with it.
Iā€™d love to believe theyā€™ll learn from this but I just canā€™t see it.
Feel like thereā€™s some egoā€™s that just canā€™t be swayed
I expected some basic quality control. I initially thought this wouldn't get released until 2024, but it's been clearly rushed out.

They can say whatever they want but seems pretty clear trying to release 4 games in a short period of time has been a disaster for them.

They had some momentum at the launch night then delays and still no Xbox or pro team, they failed to deliver cricket on the June / Ashes release date , the cricket fan base has lost belief a lot of them donā€™t think this game will be good or be on time due to what theyā€™ve seen with AFL the bugs and delays.

Now people that were looking forward to Rugby havenā€™t heard a thing since announcement time and due to the issues with AFL believe they wonā€™t get the Rugby game in time for the World Cup.

I tried that, didn't work. They said I didn't give enough reasons or something, when I listed all the clauses from consumer affairs. Do you have exactly what you wrote to them by any chance?
I don't. Im not home for a while but I'll see if there's any record of the refund request on steam when I get a chance. I've never seen one but I've also never looked

I
Cricket shouldn't be delayed. BA have been making (good) cricket games since DBC14. The base core should already be there. I can forgive Cricket 22 being a mess because of moving to WFH not being smooth and given the patches that have came out, it is apparently a good game

AFL23 still being a mess is inexcusable imo.
Would expect cricket to be delayed. I assume there is a big overlap in people working on both Cricket and AFL. And they would have a timeline of things to complete in the cricket game that would have taken a big hit when they had to focus on fixing their AFL mess for 3 months.

Nice to see they've learned from one of their bigger mistake with afl 23 and have drastically improved their communication with the rugby and cricket games. šŸ™„

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they canā€™t be relying on pro team to save it.
Yeah, it would be a hard sell to ask players to come back to the game in October/November to pay money to buy Pro Team players when they have like 50 peak concurrent players.
It'll likely be 30 by then and you'll spend your days looking at the "searching for opponent screen".

I've said for years that while a Pro Team mode would be nice to rake in some cash for future AFL games, they still need to focus on making a playable game before adding fluff to it.
But people kept begging for Pro Team, accurate lists for SANFL and WAFL rezzies, realistic steak, mascots, auskick kids and other superfluous rubbish.
I guess some got their wish. The game looks pretty good.
Shame I'll never boot it up again.

It shouldn't have ever been released 8 weeks into the start of the footy season.
Sports games NEED to come out in the pre-season to capitalise on the upcoming hype, it also gives companies time to invariably patch up issues before the real stuff starts. They then have players invested for the entirety of the season.
When it was clear this game wasn't going to be ready for the preseason the decision should have been made then and there to delay it until 2024.
Hopefully we get some real transparent communication from BA about a 2024 update/re-release/new game, that focuses on everything that went wrong. I don't think until they can admit how much they've stuffed up here will they get back in the good graces of the general public.
We all want a good footy game but we don't deserve to be taken for a ride by a company that's just made a tonne of mistakes along the way.

More retirements today - offline play even more outdated now and could argue that retirements and upcoming delistings could effect pro team also?

So Big Ant if you read this,
Ross has run off with his tail between his legs!

realistic steak
Who doesn't like a realistic steak? Sure beats those plastic rip offs
We all want a good footy game but we don't deserve to be taken for a ride by a company that's just made a tonne of mistakes along the way.
The sheer lack of communication especially more recently astounds me. No updates to Proteam, Xbox, fixes etc. The question has been asked over and over again regarding Xbox release and the question has been ignored. Even a simple "we don't know" would help Xbox players but nothing is worse.

Just saw on the BigAnt forum that you can ā€˜tapā€™ triangle to tackle.
Was never aware of this. I swear there was a whole argument here about people letting go of the tackle button, hence the AI always breaking tackles ?

Was never aware of this. I swear there was a whole argument here about people letting go of the tackle button, hence the AI always breaking tackles ?

USER ERROR wasn't USER ERROR all along ??

Itā€™s always been this way

You can tap or hold to initiate the tackle, keeping the tackle button held holds the player to the ground
If you tap or release the tackle button, the oppo player can shrug the tackle or get back up off the ground

Yeah which is why I asked JNT again lol because I recall some in here saying it had to be held not pressed but either way get random results šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜…

I've racked up 6 hours in Evolution 2 from Friday - Monday night. Briefly played '23 (mostly just that full quarter length match) a few nights ago.
I've been playing it a lot, as well. It sure would have been nice had they added different formations and commands, bit repetitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back