Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-lastly, the comms about the parts of the game they aren't restricted by e.g management mode, has been a huge let down for mine.

Not bring able to articulate what's coming on patches, future works etc has been a huge flop. I really think their PR team need to rethink this strategy.

Understand not wanting to give exact timelines on things, but just a update of sorts is massively needed.

As you know, and as youā€™ve agreed with me in the past on your streams, the communication from this mob is unequivocally the worst part about this entire process. Once the game released in the crap state that it was in, they went radio silent on 99% of everything other than patch notes, and continue to ignore the vast majority of simple questions about what could be rectified to make it a better game. They 100% need a better PR team & marketing strategy, because everything up until this point, just stinks of amateur work.

-xbox, firstly I want to say I get the frustration, its crazy. But you all still know they are being gagged from commenting on this by Microsoft. A s**t issue yes, but BA are tied here.

How do you know this is the case definitively? If thatā€™s true, this must be the first game in Microsoft history to have not released and resulted in them putting a gag order on the game developerā€¦ Is that right? Good work Big Ant šŸ™ƒ

The thread that keeps on giving, late night reading at its finest!

I look forward to the obligatory thumbs down or laughing reaction from a certain few but I'll post anyway.

-pro Team i believe Is ready to go once xbox drops. Been built and ready for ages, the quality of the build remains unknown obviously.

-xbox, firstly I want to say I get the frustration, its crazy. But you all still know they are being gagged from commenting on this by Microsoft. A s**t issue yes, but BA are tied here.

And I'll state again, xbox stuff has nothing to do with the state of the game or its patches. That's just a cool narrative.

-lastly, the comms about the parts of the game they aren't restricted by e.g management mode, has been a huge let down for mine.

Not bring able to articulate what's coming on patches, future works etc has been a huge flop. I really think their PR team need to rethink this strategy.

Understand not wanting to give exact timelines on things, but just a update of sorts is massively needed.

My hope is a re launch around finals, at least that's what I'd be aiming for to try spark interest again. By relaunch I mean x box, pro teams, the works.
I think you are really good at your work with streaming but to be honest it seems like you have given big ant the benefit of the doubt here they have lied about the game to everyone saying itā€™s going to have this that at the start itā€™s going to be the best afl game compare us to fifa and nba2k so people are and Ross has completely shit the bed I mean itā€™s been four months and what honestly has changed nothing much since the game came out when I watch your streams also you arenā€™t even playing the game anymore youā€™re just on fifa so clearly you also think itā€™s rubbish xbox users have every right to be frustrated and pissed this game was meant to be out in mayy not bloody September/October for Xbox users I couldnā€™t give a shit for pro team because I know itā€™s just going to be a flop anyway like their game I would be surprised if many people buy their games in the future tbh

period.jpg

I think you are really good at your work with streaming but to be honest it seems like you have given big ant the benefit of the doubt here they have lied about the game to everyone saying itā€™s going to have this that at the start itā€™s going to be the best afl game compare us to fifa and nba2k so people are and Ross has completely s**t the bed I mean itā€™s been four months and what honestly has changed nothing much since the game came out when I watch your streams also you arenā€™t even playing the game anymore youā€™re just on fifa so clearly you also think itā€™s rubbish xbox users have every right to be frustrated and pissed this game was meant to be out in mayy not bloody September/October for Xbox users I couldnā€™t give a s**t for pro team because I know itā€™s just going to be a flop anyway like their game I would be surprised if many people buy their games in the future tbh
I'm simply providing context that is ignored on some situations.

All the points you just listed are completely seperate to what I mentioned, and a lot of which I agree with.

Mate thatā€™s all fine if they do that but when you put out a statement saying retailers will have the game late July / Early August and itā€™s now the middle of August the very least they could do is come out and just say it has been further delayed TBC.
I don't disagree

So someone has in fact breached the NDA then, yet it hasn't been publicised outside of your comments?

Asking for trouble, I'd be editing that post.
Do enough research yourself and you find answers!

Answers our out there!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-pro Team i believe Is ready to go once xbox drops. Been built and ready for ages, the quality of the build remains unknown obviously.
1692096391427.png

So whoever manages BA's socials lied, and you were told information that they couldn't bother telling other consumers? Tbh I trust you over that company so I assume the case has always been to wait until Xbox, and this bit was posted as damage control.

And Ross cracked the sooks when other people were trying to tell him how to market the game which they are still clearly incapable of doing.

View attachment 1775380

So whoever manages BA's socials lied, and you were told information that they couldn't bother telling other consumers? Tbh I trust you over that company so I assume the case has always been to wait until Xbox, and this bit was posted as damage control.

And Ross cracked the sooks when other people were trying to tell him how to market the game which they are still clearly incapable of doing.
Itā€™s been 2 months of ā€˜testingā€™. Pitty the game itself didnā€™t undergo this length of testingā€¦

Another potential glitch/bug that I saw in my most recent game (which was about 30 minutes ago)

If I did something like activated the tactics menu or the interchange info popup occurs. Then decided to go into the game menu (for something like isntant replay). When popping out of the menu screen, the current information dialog/text box (be it tactics or game info) stays permanently on the screen.... at least until hitting pause to get back to the menu and exiting out of the menu again, then things return back to normal.

Well that's news to presumably 99% of the posters here.

Not sure what you gain from not just divulging what is apparently in the public domain.
As with everything surrounding this game, itā€™s impossible to get a straight answer.

Over 5 months in from when it was initially scheduled to release too.

I mean, The more you think about everything that's happened here and the more you think... Damn, This would probably make a great YouTube documentary someday. So much gone wrong, so much anger and so much having to have gone on behind the damn scenes to have made this such a disaster that would make your head spin.

Maybe that's what Ross meant by AFL 23 being the best AFL game ever. Just forgot the following words. "The Best (Documentary about an) AFL Game (Shitshow) Ever!"

I honestly want to see this game get the "What Happened?" treatment now! Interview some people who made the game, Get some insights and maybe finally we might get some answers on what happened with the game and finally get some of our damn questions answered. XD

I mean, The more you think about everything that's happened here and the more you think... Damn, This would probably make a great YouTube documentary someday. So much gone wrong, so much anger and so much having to have gone on behind the damn scenes to have made this such a disaster that would make your head spin.

Maybe that's what Ross meant by AFL 23 being the best AFL game ever. Just forgot the following words. "The Best (Documentary about an) AFL Game (Shitshow) Ever!"

I honestly want to see this game get the "What Happened?" treatment now! Interview some people who made the game, Get some insights and maybe finally we might get some answers on what happened with the game and finally get some of our damn questions answered. XD
Yeah agree lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back