Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
I wonder how the content creators will play it early then?
Don't know how that works. From my experience with as recently as WWE2K23 the game pre downloaded on the digital store about a week prior to early access date for pre order. If you clicked on the game it gave you the come back on this date message, I know the content creators for that game got invited to play sessions at wrestling events and I think they got the game a few days earlier to but no idea how that works.

draft classes are a big sticking point for me.

if it's editing a vic metro under 18s team that goes into the draft, i'm happy.

big issue with Live was how limited features were, which is perhaps the only reason i've played so much evo and evo2, i can weave together a team and at least manufacture my own storylines. taking riley collier-dawkins (god help me) through his career during lockdown 2020 is a genuine positive memory for me.

will obviously enjoy the shit out of this game, but if there's no editable draftable players (ie I can't take a tanking team back to the top with #1 pick harley reid), it goes from an 8/10 to a 6.5/10 in my head no matter how good the gameplay is. i'm after re-play value, and a game i can pour my time into.

would love an indication to any of that but jnt and ross have enough on their hands haha.

Is anyone with video capturing capabilities going to record some videos of the gameplay (whether it's good or bad) and post them upon release ? :p

Ive been mucking around posting Rocket League snippets in that thread periodically, I may do the same for AFL '23 for fun of course :p
I did it for AFL Evo 2 and might do it for this one aswell

It will update/install and then give you a message saying the servers are not available.
There have been reports that there are Xbox copies in JB. I understand that you have been told that they are not but if this happens to be true will the game work?

You're missing Football Park, Adelaide's main training ground. Probably would be ahead of Unley and Glenelg.
I know Adelaide Oval is far more superior than Football Park ever was, I have such great memories at that ground from playing on the ground at HT for Auskick to watching my team win for the first time live as a supporter of my club and everything else after that as well :thumbsu:

Even if the stadium is not in the game or made by the developers at BigAntStudios, I hope someone out there makes it in the community cause that would be awesome to relieve havimg matches being played that stadium again :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Adelaide Oval is far more superior than Football Park ever was, I have such great memories at that ground from playing on the ground at Half-Time for Auskick to watching my team win for the first time live as a supporter and everything else after that as well :thumbsu:

Even if the stadium is not in the game or made by the developers at BigAntStudios, I hope someone out there makes it in the community cause that would be awesome to relieve havimg matches being played that stadium again :$
I was thinking the way it is, now, similar to Waverley where the stands are mostly gone and it's just a training ground. I wonder if each AFL team get a dedicated training oval in the game.

I did it for AFL Evo 2 and might do it for this one aswell

I'm fascinated by the video game streamers and those that post in depth walkthroughs on youtube etc. I could never do it myself (recording myself trying to play well = like when I'm gaming in front of an in person audience..... prone to making worse mistakes than I normally would lol). I used to record my game play on the original Nintendo (Super Mario Bros, Aussie Rules Footy, International Cricket), moved on to recording game play from the Sega Mega Drive (mostly showing off in Pete Sampras Tennis) and the Commodore Amiga (Test Drive I and II.... and Leisure Suit Larry of all games lol).

Didn't record much from the PSX/PS2 era.... but got back into it on the Xbox 360, for some reason I enjoyed recording Guitar Hero and Rock Band sessions..... oh and made a long recording of myself playing COD 2's campaign, which was just me dying constantly on veteran. My personal favourite was recording and editing The Simpsons Game, into one gigantic Simpsons "episode" which was fun to do. One of my editing highlights (along with "editing" the Back to the future trilogy, into ONE whole movie!).

I never recorded myself playing Evolution 2, guess I had other interests at the time. But I did make many recordings of Evolution 1 - including full games where I'd purposely turn the volume down to not hear the commentary...... and not look at the screen while stopping the recording at the end of the game. Then I'd watch the recording as though I was watching a real match (fun to see who would win those AI v AI battles haha)

I'm fascinated by the video game streamers and those that post in depth walkthroughs on youtube etc. I could never do it myself (recording myself trying to play well = like when I'm gaming in front of an in person audience..... prone to making worse mistakes than I normally would lol). I used to record my game play on the original Nintendo (Super Mario Bros, Aussie Rules Footy, International Cricket), moved on to recording game play from the Sega Mega Drive (mostly showing off in Pete Sampras Tennis) and the Commodore Amiga (Test Drive I and II.... and Leisure Suit Larry of all games lol).

Didn't record much from the PSX/PS2 era.... but got back into it on the Xbox 360, for some reason I enjoyed recording Guitar Hero and Rock Band sessions..... oh and made a long recording of myself playing COD 2's campaign, which was just me dying constantly on veteran. My personal favourite was recording and editing The Simpsons Game, into one gigantic Simpsons "episode" which was fun to do. One of my editing highlights (along with "editing" the Back to the future trilogy, into ONE whole movie!).

I never recorded myself playing Evolution 2, guess I had other interests at the time. But I did make many recordings of Evolution 1 - including full games where I'd purposely turn the volume down to not hear the commentary...... and not look at the screen while stopping the recording at the end of the game. Then I'd watch the recording as though I was watching a real match (fun to see who would win those AI v AI battles haha)
I’ve been on and off doing it for a couple years now haven’t been consistent but I honestly enjoy it a ton and am going to start trying to do it more consistently, I do the whole sha bang commentary, webcam all that and honestly reallly enjoy the craft of making a YT video,

I did do like 3 videos when afl Evo 2 came out on an old channel and they did amazing but the only problem is I did it on my normal gaming channel so the afl videos got me a ton of subs and views but cause it’s so niche those subs and views only wanted afl content and not other games so I kinda stopped, so if I did do afl 23 content id probs create a 2nd channel dedicated to it

I'll probably stream the game when it comes out, but so will everyone else and i don't care. I want to play the game within my own little community, most of which aren't AFL fans

I'll be streaming this live the moment we are able to.

That's why I'd love to be able to have it pre installed so I can hit live at midnight ha ha.

although I might try my luck on the steam store at 12:01 launch day and download.

I was thinking the way it is, now, similar to Waverley where the stands are mostly gone and it's just a training ground. I wonder if each AFL team get a dedicated training oval in the game.
Maybe Adelaide’s might be Norwood or Unley though (even if it isn’t exactly correct) as the women play their most weeks.

BigAntStudios or JNT BA - any information you could share with us, regarding this question?

Still keen to know if each ground has different dimensions like real life or if they'll all have the same dimensions like AFL Live.
Pretty sure different ground dimensions were confirmed

Still keen to know if each ground has different dimensions like real life or if they'll all have the same dimensions like AFL Live.

This one’s not even memeable, we don’t need dimensions to the scale to mimic real life but a noticeable difference between some of the grounds. MCG vs Kardinia Park for example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back